Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '14 Sign Ups Now Open
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
When it comes time to apply for gm, you message the responsible mod in charge on the mock draft forum. You pretty much send them your resume and what team you are interested in managing.

Make sure to include what you have done in prior mocks and mock related scenarios. They are looking for gm's that have experience in sticking around and will have time for this. Nothing destroys the thing like a gm that is never around.

And whoever gets the gm job, the best way is to run it as a democracy. Everyone gets a say and popular vote will go through. Don't let other teams bully you with a time restraint

This will be the best year to be a gm. We've never had cap space in the years I've been involved. (4-5 years) plus a high pick!

I thought you were putting your name out to be GM?

saturday, sunday and mondays I work from 5:30 in the morning until 6 at night. and I cannot have my phone out... only on breaks. When I get home, I spend as much time with my daughter. It wouldn't be fair on everywhere if i got it it because there would be three days a week that I'd only be on a few times. but from Tuesday through Friday I am available 24 hours a day!
So i can take a significant role... help everyone, throw temper tantrums, discuss business like jordan belfort and bring trade options to the table!

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once our esteemed head honcho is officially named this weekend, usually people put their names in a hat for positions like the ones we had a couple pages ago and the GM names an asst GM, Capologist, HC, etc. At the end everyone has equal say in transactions, only the ability to conduct business with other teams is delegated by the GM.

Like, I'll put my name in for Asst GM, Capologist, Head Coach, or any other position the GM feels I would best serve. If a trade is discussed, it is voted in thread using the Google docs like ny92j has prepared by everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fracdaddy14 wrote:
Once our esteemed head honcho is officially named this weekend, usually people put their names in a hat for positions like the ones we had a couple pages ago and the GM names an asst GM, Capologist, HC, etc. At the end everyone has equal say in transactions, only the ability to conduct business with other teams is delegated by the GM.

Like, I'll put my name in for Asst GM, Capologist, Head Coach, or any other position the GM feels I would best serve. If a trade is discussed, it is voted in thread using the Google docs like ny92j has prepared by everyone.

We have many great posters who are knowledgeable plus a lot of new posters who are active. Cannot wait!

ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm jealous bballbkd1001, you actually have a life....ha.

I'm excited to get this rolling, this will be the first time I'm taken part in FFMD when free agency is included. Should be tons of fun, and like you're saying several active Giants members in the forum.

While we are waiting, what do you guys think of the new offensive coaching changes Reese and company have been doing?
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:

I'm excited to get this rolling, this will be the first time I'm taken part in FFMD when free agency is included. Should be tons of fun, and like you're saying several active Giants members in the forum.

While we are waiting, what do you guys think of the new offensive coaching changes Reese and company have been doing?

I think it is setting us up for a revamped offense. With two new guys plugged in on the line and two-three different weapons for eli.

Oh and it's not much of a life ha. I haven't had a social life in two months. Im like a zombie. You guys are my only friends Smile

ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:

I think it is setting us up for a revamped offense. With two new guys plugged in on the line and two-three different weapons for eli.

Oh and it's not much of a life ha. I haven't had a social life in two months. Im like a zombie. You guys are my only friends Smile

My thinking is that is going to simplify the offense. I remember reading an article of Gilbride's offensive scheme and it just seemed so reliant on both the receiver and quarterback being on the same page, you know seeing the same reads and making a determination on which route to run based on the defensive line-up. Which makes sense when you consider the amount of interceptions thrown that get chalked up to miscommunication and the delay of games called in the past. Personally, I think thats too much for any offense to diagnose in a matter of seconds. I'm hoping that McAdoo is allowed the freedom to simplify the receivers routes, to a point where its like backyard ball, get to this spot and look for the ball type offense, obviously more complex than that but you get my point.

Also, in the past the offense never seemed to be wary of showing their play, everything seemed transparent to the defense, at least to the sofa watcher. It was like an attitude the Giants had back in the day where the thinking was like we already know you know what play we are running but we're so good that you can't stop it. Referring back to Jacobs prime. After that it's been nothing of the kind. Defense knows whats coming and they stop it.

So glad that the Giants front office made the decision to move on without Kevin.
bigblueben

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm real excited for the new-look offense. Hopefully McAdoo and co can get the best out of players like Jernigan and Randle by getting the ball in their hands. None of this complex option route stuff or burying JJ on the bench.

Love the options we are going to have in the draft as well, even if it would have been nice to be drafting at 32. We are going to have a ton of options at 12 this year, although at the moment I like the idea of trading down and picking up more picks. This draft looks really deep in some positions.

Really looking forward to getting this underway as well, like I said before I'd love to get involved in the scouting somehow Smile

mad props to Rase on the sig
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigblueben wrote:
I'm real excited for the new-look offense. Hopefully McAdoo and co can get the best out of players like Jernigan and Randle by getting the ball in their hands. None of this complex option route stuff or burying JJ on the bench.

Love the options we are going to have in the draft as well, even if it would have been nice to be drafting at 32. We are going to have a ton of options at 12 this year, although at the moment I like the idea of trading down and picking up more picks. This draft looks really deep in some positions.

Really looking forward to getting this underway as well, like I said before I'd love to get involved in the scouting somehow Smile

Right, once the mods figure out who the GM's are we'll all have a chance to participate in scouting or whatever. I'm excited.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigblueben wrote:

Id even trade next years first for a late first, early second. we'll have to throw in another pick but it would be worth it. Patriot might need to restock on their draft picks. They love trading for future picks.
plus... our pick value is the best weve seen in 10 years. I cannot see our team picking this high until eli is done.

fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
bigblueben wrote:

Id even trade next years first for a late first, early second. we'll have to throw in another pick but it would be worth it. Patriot might need to restock on their draft picks. They love trading for future picks.
plus... our pick value is the best weve seen in 10 years. I cannot see our team picking this high until eli is done.

There is always a lot of movement, but moreso this year me thinks. We can sit back, see who's there at #12. If we like someone, take them, if not trade back and get picks. This daft is very deep in rounds 2-4. Could be a plum spot. That's where our college scouting and war room will be key.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fracdaddy14 wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
bigblueben wrote:

There is always a lot of movement, but moreso this year me thinks. We can sit back, see who's there at #12. If we like someone, take them, if not trade back and get picks. This daft is very deep in rounds 2-4. Could be a plum spot. That's where our college scouting and war room will be key.

Agreed...the later rounds is where we need to put the most focus on our scouting, finding value in each round.

Do we have a date on when the GM's will be announced? We get that sorted out we can start working on roles.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
fracdaddy14 wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
bigblueben wrote:

Agreed...the later rounds is where we need to put the most focus on our scouting, finding value in each round.

Do we have a date on when the GM's will be announced? We get that sorted out we can start working on roles.

Feb 1st I believe

WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a real laid back job where i sit in my office from 9-6 so I can post during work. The hardest part is trying to post at home on the laptop with my child running around causing mayhem lol. But I will defiently be involved and voice my opinions. Looking forward to experience my first FFMD with you guys and let's accomplish great things
bigblueben

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's anything that needs doing super early in the morning I can help out, being 5 hours ahead and all!

mad props to Rase on the sig
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright for whomever is doing the GM role, I've basically finished the google doc.

Now the word is that scar is going to be providing each team with a google doc containing the roster and cap figures. Once I get that I'll either take his doc and work the other things into it or the other way around which ever works out best.

Any ideas on breaking the scouting duties down? Positional seems to be the easiest I figure but I also know that not all of us are going to want to be scouting locked in positions.

oh for those wishing to participate in this post it so that I can start getting you guys the google doc.

Just around the corner...getting excited.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: