Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '14 Sign Ups Now Open

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: FFMD '14 Sign Ups Now Open Reply with quote

It's Coming!!!

That's right, it's about time for FFMD to start back up again and after a successful run last year it's time to top that this year.

There's been an influx of new posters this past year, and it's time to get them involved with the old balls. For those who are not familiar with FFMD, this is a forum wide mock draft where you (as a collective group) get to act like the GM of your favorite team. In a week or so, you'll be able to sign up to be the official GM of your team. If you are chosen, you can set up your staff including assistant GM and capologist.

For the newbies, check our last year's FFMD in the GM Mock Draft forum.

FFMD is an awesome experience that has you interacting with the other 31 teams in the NFL and several agents representing players in free agency. The draft portion is just as exciting as each team gets in their "war room" and once they are on the clock they come together with a decision.

Remember, we put this on as a fun thing so make sure everyone gets involved, and don't take this too seriously.

But unlike in the past, we're asking for a non-mods to help run this. We'll announce more when we post sign ups, so be on the look out for it.
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign ups for FFMD are now open. They'll close February 1st (the night before the Super Bowl), so sign up soon or miss out.
dcfields

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who's gonna be our GM? Apparently they prefer no mods. CoordinatorO or FlaccoMania? I'll be more than happy to be the AGM or help out any way I can but I don't want to be the GM. I have too much going on at work to take on the responsibility and to truly give the position the attention it deserves. Let me know who volunteers. Again, I'll help in any capacity that I can.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcfields wrote:
So who's gonna be our GM? Apparently they prefer no mods. CoordinatorO or FlaccoMania? I'll be more than happy to be the AGM or help out any way I can but I don't want to be the GM. I have too much going on at work to take on the responsibility and to truly give the position the attention it deserves. Let me know who volunteers. Again, I'll help in any capacity that I can.

I'm the same way. I just don't have the time/consistency to be a GM. I'm either on when work is slow or weekends when I'm free. But, I'm willing to help out in any way I can.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than the above two, some more names to throw into the hat:
MancunianRaven
Sp6488
BareYourTeath
Alfalcone
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me out for this one. I'm more interested in FFMD2. This version is a bit too in-depth to keep my interest.
dcfields

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sayeth thee, FM & CoO?

I thrice presented him a kingly crown,
Which he did thrice refuse. Was this ambition?

-- Julius Caesar - Act 3, Scene 2.
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, we've had no Ravens posters show their interest in FFMD. We'd prefer to give it to a Ravens fan, but other fans have expressed interest in any other team. If you don't want it going to a Ravens fan, then sign up now.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
So far, we've had no Ravens posters show their interest in FFMD. We'd prefer to give it to a Ravens fan, but other fans have expressed interest in any other team. If you don't want it going to a Ravens fan, then sign up now.

Uh... I guess I'll do it then. Weee... Mad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Count me out for this one. I'm more interested in FFMD2. This version is a bit too in-depth to keep my interest.

Yep. I'm not a big fan of the cap situation stuff and all of the FA. I much prefer just the draft and maneuvering around in that,

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB - I'll be glad to help. I do my very best but I've been working a lot recently so don't put me too high up the corporate ladder please. Just let me know how I can be of assistance.
drd23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:

Uh... I guess I'll do it then. Weee... Mad

Could always take a chance on an outsider if you really don't want to. IIRC ianlewis (from the Eagles forum) was GM for Indy(?) last year and they all had a blast.

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcfields wrote:
DB - I'll be glad to help. I do my very best but I've been working a lot recently so don't put me too high up the corporate ladder please. Just let me know how I can be of assistance.

Same I'd love to help out where I can, but work has been very busy recently, so I can't dedicate a ton of time to the cause.

GO RAVENS!!
Nucky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Anywhere i can find an summary of what the GM does ? I might look into it. I'll admit though I might lean heavily on you guys for the scouting department. If no one else wants to do it I might. Its for fun ain't it ?? Someone from our forum should represent. Razz

edit I noticed DB went ahead and did it. Cool, i'll definitely be a coach or assitant gm or something.
"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nucky wrote:
Anywhere i can find an summary of what the GM does ? I might look into it. I'll admit though I might lean heavily on you guys for the scouting department. If no one else wants to do it I might. Its for fun ain't it ?? Someone from our forum should represent. Razz

edit I noticed DB went ahead and did it. Cool, i'll definitely be a coach or assitant gm or something.

Mostly involves copy/pasting information, updating threads, fielding trade offers through PMs and discussing it with participants, and then when no general consensus is reached... making the decision to go one way or another.

It's not so much difficult to do as it is time consuming. Like most here, I'm a bigger fan of FFMD2. Much more simplistic. If you want to do it here's the signup thread. You can get more info there about responsibilities.

It definitely helps one become more involved on the website. If you'd like to do it, I'd support it as long as you can guarantee involvement. It's a long process. Pretty sure it all takes about a month or so to complete. I won't doubt that it is fun... but it's also somewhat annoying. There's somewhat of a thin line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: