Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The lesser of 4 evils...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drfrey13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: The lesser of 4 evils... Reply with quote

I am a die hard Raiders fan since Superbowl 18. First game watched as a kid and probably the most watched by me. I am also a football fan and never miss the Superbowl no matter who is playing and try to find a team to pull for. Let's go over the options. First there is the Broncos. Pretty self explanatory but I use to live in Indiana so of course I do like Peyton Manning. Next is the Patriots and I have vowed to never cheer for this team until they or there fans come out and admit it was a fumble and we should have won that game. The same goes for the Steelers even though I was not born when the ejaculate reception took place. Next is San Francisco and I despise their fans. Since they were capable of turning their team around they have become some of the worst trash talking fans. I have also never seen so many fans come out of nowhere before. I would cheer for the refs but they have been one of our biggest rivals over the years. That leaves me with the Seahawks. Former AFC West rival but where never really a challenge and supplied us with some great Bo Jackson highlights. Now I am also a UCLA fan and Pete Carrol really rubs me the wrong way but hey you gotta let some things slide. Who is the lesser of your four evils (five if you count the refs).
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say definitely Seattle. We've pretty much owned them so there isn't much animosity towards them. I prefer them to win it all. I just cant have DEN, SF, or NE win. I just can't.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The lesser of 4 evils... Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:
I am a die hard Raiders fan since Superbowl 18. First game watched as a kid and probably the most watched by me. I am also a football fan and never miss the Superbowl no matter who is playing and try to find a team to pull for. Let's go over the options. First there is the Broncos. Pretty self explanatory but I use to live in Indiana so of course I do like Peyton Manning. Next is the Patriots and I have vowed to never cheer for this team until they or there fans come out and admit it was a fumble and we should have won that game. The same goes for the Steelers even though I was not born when the ejaculate reception took place. Next is San Francisco and I despise their fans. Since they were capable of turning their team around they have become some of the worst trash talking fans. I have also never seen so many fans come out of nowhere before. I would cheer for the refs but they have been one of our biggest rivals over the years. That leaves me with the Seahawks. Former AFC West rival but where never really a challenge and supplied us with some great Bo Jackson highlights. Now I am also a UCLA fan and Pete Carrol really rubs me the wrong way but hey you gotta let some things slide. Who is the lesser of your four evils (five if you count the refs).

This was a bit rambling but I've been giving it some thought of late. If anyone remembers, I hate everyone in the AFC West except the Raiders. If I have to place an order to this it's the Discharge, Donkeys then the Chefs. The Discharge especially as they have had AFC West success and I get a lot of crap in SoCal even to the extent of barroom altercations at times and this from a mild mannered, rabid fan. However, I realize I hate the Gaytriots more and any true Raider fan knows why. So I will passively root for the Donkeys but not enough to create any paranormal energy to enhance their ability to win.
I would normally root for a CA team. To many bandwagoners and you're right about the trash they spew. I'll go wilth the Sea Chickens.
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily rooting for seattle
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea this Denver, Pats game is brutal, cant stand both teams or QB's,Def going for Frisco because their from California, never understood the hate from Raider fans for 49ers,they are not in our division and they are our neighbors across the bay.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle. Favorite NFC team anyways.
Chali21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
Yea this Denver, Pats game is brutal, cant stand both teams or QB's,Def going for Frisco because their from California, never understood the hate from Raider fans for 49ers,they are not in our division and they are our neighbors across the bay.

This.

I don't talk to their fans very much, so I don't really care. Raiders are pretty unique in that there aren't bandwagon fans for them. I like Peyton and I don't want to hear about how much better Brady is than him for the next 2 weeks. I like Russel Wilson but I also know they have a young team so they are good for a few years. Plus if Peyton goes to the bowl he might consider retiring sooner than later.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to sound pretty bad, but I hate the Patriots, I don't want another team with 6 Superbowl wins and I hate Pete Carroll and Richard Sherman, even though I like USC I hate the current Seahawks team and their fans, there's a lot of bandwagon fans out in Virginia.

That said I'm pulling for Peyton to get it, because I want him to retire, and I want him to go down as having at least as many rings as his brother. I hate that people argue that Eli has more rings therefore he's better when in reality it was that defense that won those two superbowls for the Giants.

That's just me, I hate Denver, but I hate everyone else just a little bit more for the time being.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Seattle
2. Denver
3. SF
4. NE
Dessie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
It's going to sound pretty bad, but I hate the Patriots, I don't want another team with 6 Superbowl wins and I hate Pete Carroll and Richard Sherman, even though I like USC I hate the current Seahawks team and their fans, there's a lot of bandwagon fans out in Virginia.

That said I'm pulling for Peyton to get it, because I want him to retire, and I want him to go down as having at least as many rings as his brother. I hate that people argue that Eli has more rings therefore he's better when in reality it was that defense that won those two superbowls for the Giants.

That's just me, I hate Denver, but I hate everyone else just a little bit more for the time being.

I'm with this line of thinking. Lesser of all evils for me would be seeing Peyton get another ring.
#clueless
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyton or no Peyton, its the BRONCOS. Hell no do I wanna see them win a ring. Once he became a bronco, I stopped rooting for him. Maybe once he retires I'll like him again but he gets no love.

Looks like they're gonna beat NE, so ill be rooting hard for SF/SEA in the SB.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheering hard for Seattle. I really like Russell Wilson and a few of their defenders like Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor. Big Carrol fan too. It would be cool for them to get a ring so 49ers fans can shut up about that too.

I hate a lot about the 49ers. I hate their team attitude, I really hate Kaepernick, I really hate Harbaugh, I hate Crabtree, their defense plays dirty and their fans are some of the worst in the league.

AFC has been dead to me since Indy lost.

If SF wins, I'm not watching the Super Bowl.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

This.

I don't talk to their fans very much, so I don't really care. Raiders are pretty unique in that there aren't bandwagon fans for them. I like Peyton and I don't want to hear about how much better Brady is than him for the next 2 weeks. I like Russel Wilson but I also know they have a young team so they are good for a few years. Plus if Peyton goes to the bowl he might consider retiring sooner than later.

So good for Peyton. Denver has talent and they play well as a team. OK, don't get excited, I still hate the Donkeys. On the brighter side, the two teams going to the SB are targets. The Donkeys will get raided for those players not under contract. It always happens. They will not be the same team next year.
Willis666

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gota go Seattle. Glad to see the Pats lose, now hopefully the 49ers fall. If the 49ers were to win, I'd have to go for Broncos. Only because I get the gut feeling that if they win the Super Bowl, Manning retires. No Manning means Broncos come back down to earth.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers. Ultimately, I gotta go with Frat.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: