Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nicks not expected to return to NYG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

Food for thought... J. Bell is a possibility from the Lions. They are already over the cap as is so if they tender him as the original round (he was undrafted) we can sign him without giving up a draft pick. But, I would even give up a 6th for him. Him + Brown would be a great combo. He may be 27ish but he has low miles.

^this. i said this earlier, but per rotoworld it looks like the Lions are going to put a 2nd rd tender on him.

How? I thought they were ~$8M over the cap for 2014?

A few cuts here, a few cuts there it is very easy to get under the cap. A 2nd round tender last year only cost 2 million

So thats $10M in cuts just to get under the cap and resign bell, not including any other FA of their own they want to resign or on the market + signing of their draft picks. Thats another ~$4M (I think... could be more), plus they have Bush already. I know its possible, but seems like thats investing a lot in one position.

They are under by 4.5 million. Cutting Nate Burleson saves them 5 million.

Bush has a 4.5 cap hit add in 2.0 for Bell and that is 6.5 million for RB. Seems pretty fair

A few contract renegotiations, a few players cut, and they are under pretty easily
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

Food for thought... J. Bell is a possibility from the Lions. They are already over the cap as is so if they tender him as the original round (he was undrafted) we can sign him without giving up a draft pick. But, I would even give up a 6th for him. Him + Brown would be a great combo. He may be 27ish but he has low miles.

^this. i said this earlier, but per rotoworld it looks like the Lions are going to put a 2nd rd tender on him.

A few cuts here, a few cuts there it is very easy to get under the cap. A 2nd round tender last year only cost 2 million

So thats $10M in cuts just to get under the cap and resign bell, not including any other FA of their own they want to resign or on the market + signing of their draft picks. Thats another ~$4M (I think... could be more), plus they have Bush already. I know its possible, but seems like thats investing a lot in one position.

Bush has a 4.5 cap hit add in 2.0 for Bell and that is 6.5 million for RB. Seems pretty fair

A few contract renegotiations, a few players cut, and they are under pretty easily

Over the cap has them at 131 million which is 6-8 over. This info could be wrong, but assuming its accurate... it would seem its unlikely Bell gets a 2nd round tender. Perhaps its just wishful thinking.

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Lions&Year=2014
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

Over the cap has them at 131 million which is 6-8 over. This info could be wrong, but assuming its accurate... it would seem its unlikely Bell gets a 2nd round tender. Perhaps its just wishful thinking.

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Lions&Year=2014

Over the cap had the salary cap at 128, but double checking it seems to be 126

Anyway as I said, it is very easy for them to get under.

Cutting Nate Burleson saves 5.5 million, Jason Jones saves 2.0, Montrell Owens saves 1.2 mill, Leroy Harris saves 1.9

I know nothing about the Lions so I just cut some backups and players that didn't play a full season. That puts them about 3.3 million under.

A few pay cuts on players who I don't know and they are under by a lot. It is only 2 mill for a tender

Cowboys were over by 20 million last year.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suh is making over 21 mill. So is Stafford I believe

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
TuckMyJPP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. OL is the biggest need..LB is a big need as well but Im sick and tired of the giants always waiting until the 5th round to draft a linebacker or picking up a bust off the scrap heap who they can get for two cents. We need a GOOD linebacker to accompany beason. I'd say our three biggest needs in order are OL, WR, and LB. I'm not comfortable with the current WR group without Nicks. We've survived with subpar linebackers in the past but I don't think our d line will be as good as it was several years ago. The TE position also concerns me..I was a fan of boss, ballard, and bennett. but not myers. In this offense though, maybe he deserves a shot. With a TE heavy coach like McAdoo, I hope we pick up a serviceable 2nd tight end as well. And maybe keep Pascoe on the roster strictly as a special teamer/blocking TE/backup FB. But man if we could somehow get Ebron, that would be great.

I'm new to the forum and FYI: i LOVE the decision to FINALLY get rid of gilbride and the McAdoo move really intrigued me..although he has never been an OC.
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TuckMyJPP wrote:
I agree. OL is the biggest need..LB is a big need as well but Im sick and tired of the giants always waiting until the 5th round to draft a linebacker or picking up a bust off the scrap heap who they can get for two cents. We need a GOOD linebacker to accompany beason. I'd say our three biggest needs in order are OL, WR, and LB. I'm not comfortable with the current WR group without Nicks. We've survived with subpar linebackers in the past but I don't think our d line will be as good as it was several years ago. The TE position also concerns me..I was a fan of boss, ballard, and bennett. but not myers. In this offense though, maybe he deserves a shot. With a TE heavy coach like McAdoo, I hope we pick up a serviceable 2nd tight end as well. And maybe keep Pascoe on the roster strictly as a special teamer/blocking TE/backup FB. But man if we could somehow get Ebron, that would be great.

I'm new to the forum and FYI: i LOVE the decision to FINALLY get rid of gilbride and the McAdoo move really intrigued me..although he has never been an OC.

Welcome to the forums!
Feel free to introduce yourself here: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=208171

You say something very interesting in your post "We've survived with subpar linebackers in the past but I don't think our d line will be as good as it was several years ago."

We need to retool that DL. That is our #1 need. There is a much bigger difference from an average DL to a good DL then an average OL to a good OL. Also the impact value of a DL player in the first is much bigger than that of a OL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: