Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nicks not expected to return to NYG
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Nicks not expected to return to NYG Reply with quote

Rappoport reported he was late to multiple meetings and treatments for injuries. NYG fined him multiple times and are disappointed in his actions.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/424913557999083520
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/424912837518323712
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/424913121434939393

I hope we don't resign him now. Not with him acting like this...
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players mail it in all the time, but only AFTER they sign a big contract. How dumb do you have to be to do it during a contract year?

I'm not exactly comfortable with our current WR corp. Yes, Jernigan turned in on towards the end of the season. But both he and Cruz are slot receivers. And although Randle has a decent season, at no point did he look like somebody that would require a double team, which is what you want from your #1 WR.

If Sammy Watkins falls past #5, I wouldn't be opposed to trading up for him.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe how far he's fallen. Seems like anytime this team thinks they have something good going, the football gods come and crap on them. Oh you guys are an elite team and are SB bound, SIKE plax shoots himself. Oh you guys have a ridiculous DE rotation that should last for years, SIKE they're all miraculously injured/suck now. Oh you guys have a young WR core with boundless talent that should be good for a while, SIKE Nicks sucks now/hates being a Giant and Cruz has a knee injury.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
Can't believe how far he's fallen. Seems like anytime this team thinks they have something good going, the football gods come and crap on them. Oh you guys are an elite team and are SB bound, SIKE plax shoots himself. Oh you guys have a ridiculous DE rotation that should last for years, SIKE they're all miraculously injured/suck now. Oh you guys have a young WR core with boundless talent that should be good for a while, SIKE Nicks sucks now/hates being a Giant and Cruz has a knee injury.

Lmaoooo, we did however find jon beason..if the football gods really wanted poo on our parade they would find a way that the giants brass wont re-sign him -_-
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hansen31 wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:

Lmaoooo, we did however find jon beason..if the football gods really wanted poo on our parade they would find a way that the giants brass wont re-sign him -_-

Monticello huh? I grew up in Port before moving to scranton area

And Im guessing it's too late to sell my nicks jerseys Sad

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
bzane

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be hard to replace.

Where are they going to find a malingering bum so determined to show his dissatisfaction that he tanks his contract year?

He's taken the concept of Diva Receiver to a new low.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hansen31 wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:

Welcome to the forums! You're going to have to trim down your sig a bit. Guidelines are here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=99909

If you don't know how there are a bunch of guys on here who make custom sigs so I'm sure they'll help you out. There's also a forum for it Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im veeeeery happy this guy wont be back.

Money needs to be spend elsewhere. What a horrible attitude he has. Have a rotten career
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no desire to bring him back or even try. If he doesn't want to be here then thanks for the memories. There's a long list of players who love playing for the Giants and will even give them a discount just to do so.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude wants top WR money when he showed 0 desire this year. I will always respect him for the years he did actually try for us and helped us reach the SB.

But I do not want him back following his actions these past two years. Its a shame he couldn't just comply with us while we signed Cruz. But thats life and unfortunately he felt the need to act out about it.

Not a Knicks fan
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was huge on bringing him back for a one year prove it deal. Now, I don't want him.

But honestly, can people say OL is the biggest need? I mean - we have Cruz, Randle, Jernigan, and Talley. Jernigan and Cruz play the same position (slot) and Randle didn't take enough steps forward this year to prove he can replace Nicks. Many of Eli's picks were on miscommunications with Randle, though that will probably change with McAdoo.

Regardless, I agree with Gmen that Watkins should be high on our list. I wouldn't oppose trading up. Rounds 2 and 3 we can get a G and C/G (Boothe can play the other position).
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
But honestly, can people say OL is the biggest need? I mean - we have Cruz, Randle, Jernigan, and Talley. Jernigan and Cruz play the same position (slot) and Randle didn't take enough steps forward this year to prove he can replace Nicks. Many of Eli's picks were on miscommunications with Randle, though that will probably change with McAdoo.

Yes, yes we can say it's the biggest need. By a substantial margin.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

Bigger than OLine/Linebackers? I really doubt it.

Cruz has shown that he can easily be a number 1. Most teams rely on just 1 Wr and a few slot guys.

Not a Knicks fan
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

Cruz has shown that he can easily be a number 1. Most teams rely on just 1 Wr and a few slot guys.

DL>LB, but I am still on the BPA bandwagon with a strong preference towards defense
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

I was saying Oline is our biggest need. Not WR.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: