Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Draft Show - Highlights and Overview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
In principle, I like the idea of Donald in the first and Ford in the second. Sounds great. But, that's an undersized DL. I don't know how they would hold up over 4 quarters. And, I have a hard time believing that with all of the 3-4 teams, that Ford gets out of the first round.

Have to think Selvie and Bass/Wynn/Another Rookie DT would be able to supplement for these guys as to not run them dead.

But I agree, Ford will be a long shot for 16/17 in the second and if you by the hype Donald might be gone before us in the first too.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
JWingate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have updates tomorrow on the DraftShow. I would also like to start a movement on twitter #CauranReidAwareness every day we post a news facts or bio fact about Cauran Reid. Who is down?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
I will have updates tomorrow on the DraftShow. I would also like to start a movement on twitter #CauranReidAwareness every day we post a news facts or bio fact about Cauran Reid. Who is down?

I need to see more on this guy...any links?

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
JWingate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
JWingate wrote:

DraftBreakdown is the best place to go.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
JWingate wrote:

I've gone there already but games against Columbia, Georgetown and Brown don't tell me much about what he will do against NFL talent. Remember how good AK47 looked against lower level competition.

Cowboydez83

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
JWingate wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
JWingate wrote:

I've gone there already but games against Columbia, Georgetown and Brown don't tell me much about what he will do against NFL talent. Remember how good AK47 looked against lower level competition.

He showed up good in the senior bowl
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboydez83 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
JWingate wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Very true. He showed something. Just need to see a little more if possible. Looking forward to seeing what he does during the combine. If Donald is gone, I'm hoping for Nix and possible Reid and a BPA in the first 3 rds.

JWingate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Cowboydez83 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
JWingate wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Very true. He showed something. Just need to see a little more if possible. Looking forward to seeing what he does during the combine. If Donald is gone, I'm hoping for Nix and possible Reid and a BPA in the first 3 rds.

Nix will not fit our scheme we need quick twitch. Also, don't fall in love with players during the combine because that will get you in trouble. Watch the film, if you like what he does and the skills he possesses then think about if his skill set would transfer to the NFL. Watch the senior bowl again which he was the MVP in my eyes. Then use the combine as an auto correct of sorts check his speed, agility and athletic ability if it doesn't match what you see him as go back to the film and see if you notice anything.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Cowboydez83 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
JWingate wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Nix will not fit our scheme we need quick twitch. Also, don't fall in love with players during the combine because that will get you in trouble. Watch the film, if you like what he does and the skills he possesses then think about if his skill set would transfer to the NFL. Watch the senior bowl again which he was the MVP in my eyes. Then use the combine as an auto correct of sorts check his speed, agility and athletic ability if it doesn't match what you see him as go back to the film and see if you notice anything.

If a big, nasty run stuffing DT who can keep Lee clean doesn't fit our scheme there is something wrong with our scheme.

JWingate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
JWingate wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Cowboydez83 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
JWingate wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
JWingate wrote:

If a big, nasty run stuffing DT who can keep Lee clean doesn't fit our scheme there is something wrong with our scheme.

They don't have to be big and ugly to do the job. If Nix was a little more quick off the ball and explosive he would work great, but he isn't. I prefer explosion in players and being the 1st off the ball because that is giving them an upper hand every play.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're underrating Nix's explosiveness. The way he was used at ND was as a two gapping run stuffer. But there are times where he was told to just get upfield and make a play, and he did. I think it was towards the end of the Michigan game, he fires off the line on two plays in a row to make a TFL, IIRC.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CccYpO-if5I at the 8:00 mark.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
JWingate wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Cowboydez83 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
JWingate wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
JWingate wrote:

They don't have to be big and ugly to do the job. If Nix was a little more quick off the ball and explosive he would work great, but he isn't. I prefer explosion in players and being the 1st off the ball because that is giving them an upper hand every play.

Nix's stats:
TFL: 2.0 Sacks: 0.0
2012:
TFL: 7.5 Sacks: 2.0
2011:
TFL: 4.5 Sacks: 0.5

Agree Wingate. That's just not enough TFL to take an overweight injured guy, who doesn't fit our system in the first round. No thanks. I'll pass. Tired of having all these talented guys that never play.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recap from another site...

Quote:
McClay

● Need or BPA?
Depends on whats available, and go from there

● Type of players he wants on the roster?
As you build a team, game is played in space. First thing is speed, and depth with good football players

● Crazy to think QB at 17 if falls?
You have to always stay open, cap, and team plays a part in all that.

● What have you seen in players? Jernigan, Easley....
We talk about ability to do a bunch of different things. Scheme wise you have to have depth if you want to do what we want to do. Find value in lower rounds.

● Combine, how much do numbers swing you?
We have criteria standards, players listed taller then what they really are changes things. Cant maximize a players ability unless you have the true measurables.

● How much time do you spend at VR
15-18 hrs a day, this is the exciting part of the process, evaluate how you can make the team better.

● How are you going to work with Jerry, how has it grown?
Misconception is Jerry does it on his own and makes decisions on his own, not true. My job is to get a unified voice so we have a unified decision for Jerry. Get the coaches to respect the scouts so jerry has the best information.

● Carter performance? Project him in a different role?
Make sure we have players in right posistion to maximize potential. We are just going to keep bringing in players and try to get the right players in the right spots.

● Anything going to change in draft process, character ect...
You have to build a team with good players, everybody has skeleton in their closet, but we have to evaluate those issues and see if we can deal with them. Can they make themselves eligible for the team every week. Football players usually tend to fall in place if the team is right. We are in the business of finding players not disqualifying them

Credit to Latin Mind.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Recap from another site...

Quote:
McClay

Quote:
● How are you going to work with Jerry, how has it grown?
Misconception is Jerry does it on his own and makes decisions on his own, not true. My job is to get a unified voice so we have a unified decision for Jerry. Get the coaches to respect the scouts so jerry has the best information.

Credit to Latin Mind.

This is key. No more screw ups like last year.

Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
JWingate wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I hope JW watched this week's show. They gave him a shoutout

Yeah, I am watching it now. I just heard the shout out. Pretty swee, now they need to get me to Valley Ranch so I can scout with Broaddus.

that's awesome.

I'm just getting caught up on the draft show, and I heard that. Awesome. What's up Ed Cahill!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: