Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Hire Ray Horton as the DC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renndawg37

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Horton, but I still feel we are better suited to run a 4-3 defense. A 3-4 puts half our players out of position...
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone32 wrote:
Lets just lock up Verner, sign BJ Raji and Brian Orakpo in FA, and we'll be fiiiiiine.

BJ Raji? The guy who hates playing in the 3-4 for the Packers, will come to the Titans to play in a primarily 3-4 alignment? One where he won't be able to rush the passer, which is his primary reason for being disgruntled in the first place right now?

I understand being excited and making predictions, but please try to do a little research before you assume a guy will sign with us.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
therealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're almost guaranteed to bring in Karlos Dansby
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Stone32 wrote:
Lets just lock up Verner, sign BJ Raji and Brian Orakpo in FA, and we'll be fiiiiiine.

Yea because that's realistic Laughing

Verner is going to command a lot of $. Orakpo is probably gonna $8 million a year and Raji doesn't like his position.

I think Verner will probably be gone. We've been working on getting guys who can play press man coverage and that isn't Verner's game. I expect BWW to take his spot or a cheap FA signing. The Titans have proven the ability to draft and develop DB's. I don't see why BWW can't be the next in line of that trend behind Finny, McCourty, Verner, Sensabaugh.
Damian Stafford
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
John Glennon ‏@glennonsports 43m

Ran into Jerry Gray today in Mobile. Had no interest in talking: "Nothing to do with the #Titans. I cut that part right out of my life."

therealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Quote:

Ran into Jerry Gray today in Mobile. Had no interest in talking: "Nothing to do with the #Titans. I cut that part right out of my life."

He's acting like he shouldn't have been fired... ha
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Quote:

I believe Gray's issue (if any) with the organization isn't about him getting fired/released. That happens all the time with coaching changes, so that's nothing new. I think his issues stems back to last offseason when we brought in Gregg Williams (his old boss) to "help" with the defense. We made that move knowing the whole time that we were just positioning GW to replace him. Then to add insult to injury, the FO flat out made Gray (among others) one of the potential casualties in the deal for Munchak to keep his job. I think it was more like Gray felt completely disrespected by the organization.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Quote:

I believe Gray's issue (if any) with the organization isn't about him getting fired/released. That happens all the time with coaching changes, so that's nothing new. I think his issues stems back to last offseason when we brought in Gregg Williams (his old boss) to "help" with the defense. We made that move knowing the whole time that we were just positioning GW to replace him. Then to add insult to injury, the FO flat out made Gray (among others) one of the potential casualties in the deal for Munchak to keep his job. I think it was more like Gray felt completely disrespected by the organization.

He should have quit then
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans announced the hiring of secondary coach, Louie Cioffi, has coached up guys like Leon Hall, Johnathan Joseph, and Patrick Peterson.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Horton: "I have said from Day 1 that I donít coach a particular alignment. I coach men who want to get after it and we will play physical."

Damian Stafford
VYoung10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
Quote:
Horton: "I have said from Day 1 that I donít coach a particular alignment. I coach men who want to get after it and we will play physical."

Love it. Thats the quote of a winner.

2014 Adopt a Titan:
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83 - CUT
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
Quote:

Shocked Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Stone32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Stone32 wrote:

Verner is going to command a lot of $. Orakpo is probably gonna $8 million a year and Raji doesn't like his position.

I think Verner will probably be gone. We've been working on getting guys who can play press man coverage and that isn't Verner's game. I expect BWW to take his spot or a cheap FA signing. The Titans have proven the ability to draft and develop DB's. I don't see why BWW can't be the next in line of that trend behind Finny, McCourty, Verner, Sensabaugh.

no. no. no. guys I think if we just cut wimbley that opens up 2 mil for orakpo. he'll def. come for that kind of money.
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
We've been bred to be pessimistic at all costs.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone32 wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Stone32 wrote:

no. no. no. guys I think if we just cut wimbley that opens up 2 mil for orakpo. he'll def. come for that kind of money.

How much you wanna bet he won't? lol

I know you were being sarcastic.
Stone32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Stone32 wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Stone32 wrote:

How much you wanna bet he won't? lol

I know you were being sarcastic.

Maybe a 2 mil signing bonus? hahaha I'll cut wimbley for that.
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
We've been bred to be pessimistic at all costs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: