Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Hire Ray Horton as the DC
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Titans Hire Ray Horton as the DC Reply with quote

Perfect

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 8 Tackles 5 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 9 Tackles 4 Assist 1 Sack
Justin615$

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Titans hired ex-Browns DC Ray Horton as defensive coordinator.
The deal will become official on Tuesday. Some contract issues still need to be worked out between Horton and the Browns, but the 53-year-old will be running the show on the defensive side of the ball in Tennessee next season. Horton and coach Ken Whisenhunt have worked together in Pittsburgh and Arizona in the past. The Titans will be making the switch to the 3-4 defense. On paper, Akeem Ayers seems likely to be one of the main beneficiaries. He has plus pass-rush skills and projects to play outside 'backer. Zach Brown could fill the Daryl Washington role at inside linebacker. However Horton decides to employ his players, we do know it's going to be an aggressive, attacking group.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 50 TKLS, 2 SACKS, 2 INTS, 2 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 9 TKLS, 0 SACKS
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this Very Happy

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
Ockham

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like the 3-4, but Kameron Wimbley might benefit. Don't know what this does to Casey.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casey played 3-4 in college. As long as we use him the right way and not just to take up blocks, he will be fine.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome hire, feels weird to have truly competent people running this team.

Now how do you guys feel about him potentially bringing TJ Ward & D'Qwell Jackson with him? Ward is a free agent this year and there has been some talk of Jackson being a cap cut this year. Both played pretty good under Horton this year.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
Justin615$

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:

Now how do you guys feel about him potentially bringing TJ Ward & D'Qwell Jackson with him? Ward is a free agent this year and there has been some talk of Jackson being a cap cut this year. Both played pretty good under Horton this year.

If we can't being back Pollard, then I would love Ward to replace him. With Zach Brown potentially being one ILB I think Jackson would be a good one to go along beside him. McCarthy would be alright depth.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:
Casey played 3-4 in college. As long as we use him the right way and not just to take up blocks, he will be fine.

Where does this come from? Casey played at Southern Cal. I don't remember either Pete Carrol nor Monte Kiffin running 3-4 defenses there.

Like the hire and it would be a bonus if he could get a better pass rush out of Ayers and develop Zach Brown the way he did Daryll Washington. But how he implements Ayers will be key. for comparison sake, Calias Campbell, his 3-4 DE in Arizona, posted 6.5 and 8 sack seasons under Horton. So hopefully he can get Casey in situations where he can get after the passer.

NT is a must now. Louis Nix in round 1 and Tre Mason in Round 2

**RIP Steve McNair**
Justin615$

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:

Where does this come from? Casey played at Southern Cal. I don't remember either Pete Carrol nor Monte Kiffin running 3-4 defenses there.

Like the hire and it would be a bonus if he could get a better pass rush out of Ayers and develop Zach Brown the way he did Daryll Washington. But how he implements Ayers will be key. for comparison sake, Calias Campbell, his 3-4 DE in Arizona, posted 6.5 and 8 sack seasons under Horton. So hopefully he can get Casey in situations where he can get after the passer.

Quote:
Yet another sign that the Titans could be moving toward more 3-4 looks is the drafting of Jurrell Casey last year. Casey, at 6'0 and 305 pounds played nose tackle for the University of Southern California. While he enjoyed a very successful rookie season as a 4-3 DT, he clearly has the size and experience necessary to play in a 3-4.

Bleacher Report from 2012.

But using Casey like J.J. Watt would be best IMO. Drafting a NT would be ideal.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
Kathouse Sticks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking him off our hands. An earlier post said it was good to have competent people running the show. That's how Browns fans felt when we hired Norv Turner and Ray Horton to run the offense and defense. You can see how that worked out. Good luck.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:

Ward has been VERY open about how much he would like to resign but the Browns. I don't see him coming down here.

Quote:
I definitely want to be back,'' Ward said. "I like my team. I love my teammates. I love being in this city. I love the organization. We havenít had many wins, but I think weíre building something here, and I think itís being built the right way." Ward's gushing did not stop there. Ward is in the midst of another strong season, grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 4 safety while racking up 105 tackles, 1.5 sacks and two interceptions. His interest in staying in Cleveland is almost certainly mutual. Ward is a strong candidate for the franchise tag.

via rotoworld.
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely love it!

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2014 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Taylor Lewan
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the move to the 3-4. Personally, I think it's easier to find players for the 3-4 now a days than 4-3.

Colleges put these undersized LBs at DE to rush the passer. In the NFL, they would have to be OLBs and most don't have the skill to play in space like that.

But put them in the 3-4 and tell them to get after the QB, I feel it's a better chance for success. You are also putting more playmakers on the field.
4 LBs that can move and get after people is pretty nice.

In the 4-3, you gotta find DTs and I don't there are as many good DTs like they used to be. DTs in college get by on simply being the biggest. Where in NFL, it takes more technique.

The only one I worry about is how Casey makes the transition. Maybe he can slim down a little to be on the 3-4 end? If he is the NT, i don't think he can be the traditional NT that just takes up space, that's a waste of talent.

Or

Cover your ears.... Trade him in this final year of his contract for some picks and/or player.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:

That would sit good with me!
or
If Mack or Barr falls, one of them and Mason.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathouse Sticks wrote:
Thanks for taking him off our hands. An earlier post said it was good to have competent people running the show. That's how Browns fans felt when we hired Norv Turner and Ray Horton to run the offense and defense. You can see how that worked out. Good luck.

lol Good luck actually trying to get a new coach in your hands. We had Jerry Gray as our D-coordinator. I can assure you Horton is an upgrade from him and that we are very happy with the change.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: