Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Free agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Nah, I wouldn't want Jordan. They will want a high pick for him, likely our 1st rounder.

I'm still holding out hope we surprise everyone and end up with Cromartie.

I can't believe that they think that they would get that high of a pick for him; though then again, they are shopping him coming off a season where teams probably aren't looking at him as favorably, so they are almost selling low, which typically isn't the greatest idea. This is the Dolphins, so I guess there's no way to tell what in the world they are thinking.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the prices are right I'd be all for the 9ers making trades for Claiborne and Jordan. Like talent-wise better talent than they could get for the likely picks to be used and better coaching staffs for the players.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
If the prices are right I'd be all for the 9ers making trades for Claiborne and Jordan. Like talent-wise better talent than they could get for the likely picks to be used and better coaching staffs for the players.

Jordan has potential, but I like Claiborne's upside more with our defense, so if there was a guy I'd prefer to pick up, it'd certainly be him. The one thing I'm struggling to find is a place for Jordan in our defense. He's not big enough to play down when we are in our nickel and dime packages like Smith is, and he's not great against the run in the base 3-4 in my opinion. So to me, he's a reserve with a specialized talent base that he's going to have to improve on. His ceiling makes him worth a mid round pick, but definitely nothing more than that. Claiborne is definitely a better buy low candidate though.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
I can't believe that they think that they would get that high of a pick for him; though then again, they are shopping him coming off a season where teams probably aren't looking at him as favorably, so they are almost selling low, which typically isn't the greatest idea. This is the Dolphins, so I guess there's no way to tell what in the world they are thinking.

Not sure why they would give up on him this fast though. Then again, we did the same with Jenkins Laughing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Another disappointing younger player available: Dion Jordan. I was not a fan of him when he came out last year, as I think he's extremely limited as a pass rusher, but would any one be interested in him to back up Brooks and Smith along with Lemonier? I don't know what they are seeking, and I surely wouldn't give up a top 75 pick for him, but I could see the appeal of letting go of our own third and maybe a conditional late/mid rounder for him.

confora is a joke and a hack who throws out crap. hes pretty annoying now

im like 90% sure they arent looking to trade him. his cap his would be over 10 mill. its easier to just keep him even if hes complete shat. which hes not. he had injuries. and hes not really fit for them. but regardless i dont believe it

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confora speaks some truth at times, but it seems like he just runs with ANY story he hears regardless if it is true or not. He has to compete with his peers and hopes some of these stories end up being true Laughing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Browner has be re-instated by the NFL and is now a FA.

He will be 30 by the season starts and with all his past issues I don't really see a team offering a ton of money. We know that Baalke loves big CB's and it would be nice to draft two CB's and pick up Browner but that sounds too good to be true.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:

He will be 30 by the season starts and with all his past issues I don't really see a team offering a ton of money. We know that Baalke loves big CB's and it would be nice to draft two CB's and pick up Browner but that sounds too good to be true.

overrated. I don’t think he's thst good quite frankly. Between that and the peds issue I'll pass. Plus, he may still be suspended for some games.

Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:

overrated. I don’t think he's thst good quite frankly. Between that and the peds issue I'll pass. Plus, he may still be suspended for some games.

Agree. Far too much baggage. I believe he is over-rated as well.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:

You think he'd introduce our dbs to the same dealer the Seattle d-backs use?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:

I don't think Pete Carroll would sell to our players. He has principles.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Psychlone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:

I don't think Pete Carroll would sell to our players. He has principles.
And THIS is an example of what glues to this forum... Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaCanfora is reporting that we are making a push to resign Tarell Brown before free agency starts. So, basically, we have decided to let Brown hit free agency.
AMG1713

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:
LaCanfora is reporting that we are making a push to resign Tarell Brown before free agency starts. So, basically, we have decided to let Brown hit free agency.

Must be really driving home the details on that contract that was agreed upon 4 months ago. Laughing
kidcymucks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Hester Reply with quote

Devin Hester said he won't be returning to Chicago. I would love to get him to sure up our return game. Since LMJ is simply holding a spot and not doing much on the returns, I would rather DH hold that spot. And just let him do returns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 26 of 65

Jump to: