Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tibo 2014 mock updated post-combine
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Tibo 2014 mock updated post-combine Reply with quote

Keeping it simple to try and be more realistic. In this scenario we are not able to trade down and Bridgewater and Clowney are of the table when we pick at #5. With that said I hope one of them is available.

Re-sign: Most will be smaller contracts with no cap hit if released. Veldheer and Houston are the biggies.

Veldheer
Houston
Porter
Jennings
Woodson
Young
Adams
McCants
Barnes
Pashos
Ross
Olawale
Walker - Want Joseph but rather spend big money on DE.

FA: Most think at least one big money guy but I am thinking possibly two.

Greg Hardy DE - Alternate pick would be Michael Bennett.

Sam Shields CB - Alternate pick would be Tarell Brown assuming we only go one big money guy in Hardy.

Jon Asamoah LG- decent but not big money. Cheifs will only have enough to sign him or Schwartz. I will take either. Charlie Johnson would be alternate here as well.

Cory Wooten- plays DE and DT good rotational guy who is cheap

Malcolm Jenkins FS- Makes sense.

Chris Cook CB- Follows our new DB coach over.

Earl Mitchell DT- Big DT that was not utlized properly in 3-4. Perfect signing for a team like ours.

*Mike Neal DE - This pick would be needed if we were not able to resign Houston.

Draft:
1. Khalil Mack OLB/DE
Finally bought in. Have him neck and neck with Matthews, Watkins, Evans. All different types of players but ranked about the same. Biggest need is at pass rush so that trumps all others in this case.

2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbuilt
Tall WR with great hands. Speed was questioned and has been answered. Can play any WR position.

3. Jimmy Garrapolo QB Eastern Illinois
Our QB of the future. Smart, quick release, decent size, bigger arm than given credit for. He can sit a year to develop or come in part way through the season. He is very quick study. Personally I think he will go higher but using general rankings.

4. Caraun Reid DT Princeton
Powerfull inside guy with some burst. Great in a DT rotation. Could probably start this year.

6. Philip Gaines CB Rice
Long corner who stays compact and low. Speed was a question but not anymore. Excellent value here. May even have to move up to get him. He is a little older like 22/23 and has some kids and his head on straight. Reggie kind of guy.

7a. Ethan Westbrooks DE West Texas A&M
Developmental pass rusher. Quick first step.

7b. Spencer Long OG Nebraska
Pretty good OG who will fall because of injury. Will be good backup and possible future starter.

7comp: George Atkinson III RB Notre Dame
Backup to come in and compete for spot. 2nd player with family ties we take in this draft. If we didnt have a need for DT at #4 I would probably go Christian Jones and make it 3 players with family ties.

Last edited by TiberiusRising on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 pm; edited 8 times in total
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Tibo 2014 mock Reply with quote

This might be my favorite mock ever. I really like it. Like you said, I could see Garoppolo going in the 2nd, but I would;t be against taking him their, either. Garoppolo, Watkins, Streater, Moore, Rivera, Jennings is not a bad looking offense right now. Asomoah makes our OL solid, and Hardy gives us our pass rush. I'm a fan of Jean-Baptiste as well. Nice job!

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Tibo 2014 mock Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
This might be my favorite mock ever. I really like it. Like you said, I could see Garoppolo going in the 2nd, but I would;t be against taking him their, either. Garoppolo, Watkins, Streater, Moore, Rivera, Jennings is not a bad looking offense right now. Asomoah makes our OL solid, and Hardy gives us our pass rush. I'm a fan of Jean-Baptiste as well. Nice job!

Thanks, it was hard for me to stomach taking a WR top 5 but he just seems to be bpa and position of need at that point with the board lined up as it was.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garoppolo is really growing on me. I am not as worried about his competition level as some. People are assuming if he played at an FBS school, he would have struggled because the competition would have been better, but what about his offense? Wouldn't his OL and WRs also have been much better, thus leveling the playing field (somewhat)? A good FCS pass rusher would probably create about the same amount of pressure against an FCS OL as a good FBS one would against an FBS OL. Likewise, a good FCS DB would cover an FCS WR as well as a good FBS one would cover an FBS WR. Now, I know reality is not that black-and-white, and I know there are holes in that theory. I am not claiming he would have played just as well at an FBS school, but I think that the competition argument is a bit overrated- enough that I would take him in the 2nd assuming he looks good in the shrine game (against the better competition), combine, and has some good interviews.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill take my QB of the future for the Silver and Black in next years draft.. to draft a Qb in the 3rd and call him your QBofTFuture is crazy.. unless your pete carroll
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Garoppolo is really growing on me. I am not as worried about his competition level as some. People are assuming if he played at an FBS school, he would have struggled because the competition would have been better, but what about his offense? Wouldn't his OL and WRs also have been much better, thus leveling the playing field (somewhat)? A good FCS pass rusher would probably create about the same amount of pressure against an FCS OL as a good FBS one would against an FBS OL. Likewise, a good FCS DB would cover an FCS WR as well as a good FBS one would cover an FBS WR. Now, I know reality is not that black-and-white, and I know there are holes in that theory. I am not claiming he would have played just as well at an FBS school, but I think that the competition argument is a bit overrated- enough that I would take him in the 2nd assuming he looks good in the shrine game (against the better competition), combine, and has some good interviews.

I agree. And those stats people reference he actually beat Romo and Paytons records at that school so take that how you will. I cant wait to see Shrine game.
ch8878

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR is the least of the Raiders worries, so I don't think round 1 WR will happen.

TiberiusRising wrote:
I agree. And those stats people reference he actually beat Romo and Paytons records at that school so take that how you will. I cant wait to see Shrine game.

Who is Paytons?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.

Then address DE, OG, CB in FA and let's go to war!
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this draft quite a bit, though I would probably select a defensive lineman in round 2, as the class is loaded because I don't think we sign hardy unless we give up 12+ mil per year because he already said he wants to stay with carolina. Also, if you put in contract numbers in here, it would be nice to know how the cap would be managed.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardy said he would take a slight discount to stay in Carolina but they still can't afford him.

Didn't put cap numbers but we would have around 25-30 mill free after all this.

WR was BPA in this scenario not my preference. Also see Reggie's comments recently and he has WR as top 3 priority.

Going to move garapolo to 2nd round most likely so have make some changes.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Hardy said he would take a slight discount to stay in Carolina but they still can't afford him.

WR was BPA in this scenario not my preference. Also see Reggie's comments recently and he has WR as top 3 priority.

How much would you be willing to pay Hardy personally? Just out of curiosity.. And if you move garrapolo to the 2nd, who would you take over kvn in the 3rd?
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

How much would you be willing to pay Hardy personally? Just out of curiosity.. And if you move garrapolo to the 2nd, who would you take over kvn in the 3rd?

Probably something like Charles Johnsons deal but front load the cap so we can better resign our own players in future years. Have to research a little more to see who might be there in the third but probably a DT or OLB.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:

How much would you be willing to pay Hardy personally?

In the 12 to 13M/year range as far as i'm concerned. Guys with 26 sacks in the last 2 years don't hit FA all that often. He's only 25 and plays a position we desperately need to upgrade at which has a huge impact on the game. It's a risk worth taking. And we have the cap room to do it. He could become a cornerstone of this rebuild.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya you can't bank on that type of production in the draft outside of clowney. If hardy was 30 it would be a different story.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Ya you can't bank on that type of production in the draft outside of clowney. If hardy was 30 it would be a different story.

I did notice that he had 8/15 sacks in the last 3 games. Is that good or bad?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: