Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie McKenzie's season ending thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Incompetence is by default a level of competence below acceptable. "Can't" is just as quantitative as competence. OR3828 never wrote that Pryor had 0 skill throwing the ball. It's perspective. Why is it that every time someone offers critical analysis of Pryor it's the most scathing criticism ever?

No I actually agree with you, because he's a below average passer, but people have taken it a lot farther than that.

Can you give more examples because I just gave you one where 3828's comments were blown out of proportion? I seems to me that Pryor criticisms are taken personally more often than not.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Incompetence is by default a level of competence below acceptable. "Can't" is just as quantitative as competence. OR3828 never wrote that Pryor had 0 skill throwing the ball. It's perspective. Why is it that every time someone offers critical analysis of Pryor it's the most scathing criticism ever?

No I actually agree with you, because he's a below average passer, but people have taken it a lot farther than that.

Can you give more examples because I just gave you one where 3828's comments were blown out of proportion? I seems to me that Pryor criticisms are taken personally more often than not.

*sigh* I'm tired of talking about the whole qb thing, but I've heard "can't read a defense" and "will not make it to training camp", which are both ludicrous in my opinion, because every nfl qb knows to an extent how to read a defense and I doubt pryor gets traded because his value is too low, or cut because he's cheap and at worst is a decent backup. Anyway, I don't wanna talk about McGloin/Pryor and all that anymore. There's more interesting stuff out there and I firmly believe that the qb position will not be a problem next year. We just need better protection and offensive talent, which Reggie is gonna make happen.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Same. Some fans weren't sold on him, and I wasn't completely either, but I would have rather let Tyvon walk and try Mitchell than overpay Branch like we have. JTagg nailed it when everyone disagreed with him. Branch doesn't always play as bad as he's shown he can, but he isn't worth his contract imo.

Still partly disagree with JTagg's assesment of Branch. Problem he had was playing in a system previously that didn't focus on his strengths and accentuated his weaknesses. There is no safety in the NFL that doesn't take bad angles at times and the number of times Branch was left trying to take on RBs running at full tilt through the vast open plains of our DL made for some predictable misses, his coverage of TEs I thought was pretty good considering. However, I believe Tarver and DA will put him in a system to accentuate his strengths next season and he will play close to a Pro Bowl level. I guess we find out next year........IMHO we missed him greatly this year!
I agree with this, he was poised for a good year in this defense.

Problem is he was paid before showing that by a large margin. The same exact thing could have been said of Mitchell for much cheaper. And in fact you put him in right position and he has played well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: