Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie McKenzie's season ending thoughts
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reggie McKenzie's season ending thoughts Reply with quote

RM sat down with 5 beatwriters and talked Raider football.

He plans to resign Veldheer, Houston, Jennings and Woodson.
DMC will test the market.

He thinks that this 4-12 was different to the previous 4-12...

He likes the young players on the team and want to build on that.

Said Johnny Football is a playmaker and we could go that direction.
I hope this is smokescreen only...

He also said he would like to let his rookie QB sit a year, so they can build the team up around him.

Also said he won't trow out money just because he have now some.
He also said he wants to bring in multiple good players not 1 or 2 really expensive...

OK here comes the links, with some highlights:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10307058/oakland-raiders-gm-says-head-coach-dennis-allen-job-never-jeopardy

"I just want a quarterback that can be consistent and can rally that team to move up and down the field and make plays," McKenzie said. "I don't care if it's making a few plays with his feet, but being able to throw the ball at the right spot, the timing so the receivers can effectively matriculate down the field and score points.

TP is as good as gone before September...

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2014/01/16/mckenzies-evaluations-of-pryor-mcgloin/

“Terrelle has a ways to go with the decision making and timing of throwing guys open in that regard. It’s a process and we’ll see what happens this offseason.”

Again bye bye TP...

“To be looked at as one of the non-athletic quarterbacks per se, he did a good job getting the ball out of his hands and not putting us in a negative yard situation. So you like some of the things there. If he can build on that, get better with the throws and the timing, he should be solid.”

We have our back up QB for some time...

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2014/01/16/some-other-quick-hits-from-the-mckenzie-chat/

We’ve got some depth in some areas; we just need to get some top guys at a lot of these positions. Defensively also, we’ve got to get that pass rusher, get a little bigger up front. But we’ll fix that.”

I like that. If we can get some truly good players in some places the young guys would instantly for a solid depth. Imagine if we could land a true #1 WR. We would have Streater, Holmes, Moore and Butler as depth, which would look really nice...

http://espn.go.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/2968/mckenzie-hopes-to-retain-certain-free-agents

Among those McKenzie is hopeful will return to Oakland next season are left tackle Jared Veldheer, defensive end Lamarr Houston, free safety Charles Woodson and running back Rashad Jennings.

I would like to bring back Porter and Barnes too, but those 4 should (and seems like is) the main focus points.

http://espn.go.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/2961/mckenzie-addresses-the-raiders-season

“At the beginning of the season I thought we started off pretty good from the standpoint of how competitive we were from beginning to end,” McKenzie said.

We really looked a lot better early on when the guys where fresh. After that the weak depth and the lack of overall talent killed us big time IMO.

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2014/01/16/mckenzie-on-manziel-and-how-this-was-a-different-4-12-season/

“He’s a playmaker,” McKenzie said. “Whether it’s him or one of these other guys, when you can add a playmaker, that’s what you shoot for.”

Or one of those other guys...that's the part I like there Smile

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Quick-Hits-with-GM-Reggie-McKenzie/47d7a785-33a6-47dc-9ea3-e9beae7baa5c

-not 1-2 big FA, rather more quality players
-CWood would be welcomed back
-DA needs to find out how to win Smile
-no 10 new starers on D again, but will be new faces, there will be upgrades
-good, young up and coming players...like that he mentioned Murray
-we are excited too Smile

Last edited by Rolni on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/16/reggie-mckenzie-on-johnny-manziel-hes-a-playmaker-thats-what-you-shoot-for/

I don't know, maybe a smokescreen for someone else wanting JF.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
Thanks for the post. Do you have a link so we can read more?

Will put in the tweets from the beatwriters when I get to my laptop...
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/16/reggie-mckenzie-on-johnny-manziel-hes-a-playmaker-thats-what-you-shoot-for/

I don't know, maybe a smokescreen for someone else wanting JF.

Doubt it because there is no way Manziel makes it too us.
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did say that we got to get that pass rusher and we will hmmm
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie's thoughts, these guys better get there applications into Walmart.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it Reggie. You know you want to. Wink

Looks like Hardy won't happen now though.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Reggie likes McGloin alot, I agree with his assessment of him, he just needs time.

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2014/01/16/mckenzies-evaluations-of-pryor-mcgloin/
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Sounds like Reggie likes McGloin alot, I agree with his assessment of him, he just needs time.

Yep, undrafted rookie just thrown into the fire. Showed the ability to throw the ball and get rid of it quick. I'll be anxious to see his improvement next year.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Reggie on team needs.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2014/1/16/5317470/reggie-mckenzie-outlines-oakland-raiders-top-three-team-needs
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manziel is just a smokescreen for if Clowney or Watkins are picked early. Call me crazy, but I believe in the qbs we have on the roster, they just need more help. I think watkins or clowney should be the pick because both could drastically improve the team. Barr and Mack both have their questions and scheme fits, while our linebacking core is quite good and sio moore's pass rush will only continue to improve. Plus there is a very good crop of 4-3 DE's in free agency so I think it would be smart to grab Watkins at 5 or trade down in order to grab a 2nd rounder if possible. I think after free agency, offense will be the draft priority, unless of course clowney slides to 5 in which case its a no brainer and we take him (never give up a chance to draft a FRANCHISE PLAYER).
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also he said the rookie qb would sit for the year? That seems a bit crazy. Lets say we draft johnny and then mcgloin/pryor light it up. Would we still pull mcgloin/pryor on principle, or embrace "competition". I hate the whole thing on "Oakland desperately needs a qb". We have 2 qbs on our roster who are both 24 and while they have different skillsets, both could become really good, especially with some weapons.
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Also he said the rookie qb would sit for the year? That seems a bit crazy. Lets say we draft johnny and then mcgloin/pryor light it up. Would we still pull mcgloin/pryor on principle, or embrace "competition". I hate the whole thing on "Oakland desperately needs a qb". We have 2 qbs on our roster who are both 24 and while they have different skillsets, both could become really good, especially with some weapons.

I'm sorry but Terrell Pryor will never come close to being good in the NFL. He's done Embarassed
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

I'm sorry but Terrell Pryor will never come close to being good in the NFL. He's done Embarassed

I'm not part of pryortown, but I think it's a bit too soon and I'm not going to start an argument over this on this thread. As long as he's on the raiders I'm going to back him 100% just like I do McGloin. I think he can become a good qb and I guess we'll find out during training camp.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

I'm not part of pryortown, but I think it's a bit too soon and I'm not going to start an argument over this on this thread. As long as he's on the raiders I'm going to back him 100% just like I do McGloin. I think he can become a good qb and I guess we'll find out during training camp.

I doubt he makes it to training camp, the Denver game sealed it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: