Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players the Packers "have shown interest in"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Scuba St3ve wrote:
Have you guys actually watched Dee Ford? To me the only thing he does we'll is run around the tackle. Nfl tackles are going to son this guy not too mention that he is/will be terrible against the run

If you think a guy is going to have an effective speed game in the pros, that's enough to take him in the third round without taking anything else into consideration.

Ford wont sniff the 3rd round.

Burst off the line and snap timing recognition are definitely working for Ford. I disagree that it wont carry over to the NFL. You want to open up and wall me off every play? Then Ill spin inside you. Every pass rush move can be countered with another, and if you are worried about speed that list of moves is pretty long.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Scuba St3ve wrote:
Have you guys actually watched Dee Ford? To me the only thing he does we'll is run around the tackle. Nfl tackles are going to son this guy not too mention that he is/will be terrible against the run

If you think a guy is going to have an effective speed game in the pros, that's enough to take him in the third round without taking anything else into consideration.

Ford wont sniff the 3rd round.

Burst off the line and snap timing recognition are definitely working for Ford. I disagree that it wont carry over to the NFL. You want to open up and wall me off every play? Then Ill spin inside you. Every pass rush move can be countered with another, and if you are worried about speed that list of moves is pretty long.

Clearly, Ford is a really good player. I'm just saying that if a guy has shown he can win to the outside, he's already a damn good prospect, even without any counters or anything like that.

Ford is a second rounder IMO.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High second, low first in my book.

Sig brought to you by Justo
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Y'all are dead wrong about Pryor. Check out this game tape:

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/calvin-pryor-vs-ucf-2013/

He's Charlie Peprah. He'll lunge at people rather than breakdown and make a tackle. He tries to arm tackle way too often. His reaction and his ability to diagnose a play are there, but he's way too soft to be a FS. Very overrated prospect. Like Philip "Glass" Thomas, we shouldn't want this guy. Stick with a more accomplished and tougher Safety like Bucannon or Clinton-Dix.

Also, I really think we should start thinking of Dee Ford as a possible first-round pick. He went to the Senior Bowl and crushed it, he was fantastic in the NCG, and he's shooting up the boards. I wouldn't be surprised if he crushed it at the combine as well.

i'm not super high on Pryor after watching his cut-ups (although UCONN and UCF are better) but this assessment isn't very accurate at all IMO. Overall and not just the bolded. He breaks down very well and flys around near the LOS, I'm not concerned a bit about his abilities there. Main hang-up is his ability to cover.
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
Y'all are dead wrong about Pryor. Check out this game tape:

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/calvin-pryor-vs-ucf-2013/

He's Charlie Peprah. He'll lunge at people rather than breakdown and make a tackle. He tries to arm tackle way too often. His reaction and his ability to diagnose a play are there, but he's way too soft to be a FS. Very overrated prospect. Like Philip "Glass" Thomas, we shouldn't want this guy. Stick with a more accomplished and tougher Safety like Bucannon or Clinton-Dix.

Also, I really think we should start thinking of Dee Ford as a possible first-round pick. He went to the Senior Bowl and crushed it, he was fantastic in the NCG, and he's shooting up the boards. I wouldn't be surprised if he crushed it at the combine as well.

i'm not super high on Pryor after watching his cut-ups (although UCONN and UCF are better) but this assessment isn't very accurate at all IMO. Overall and not just the bolded. He breaks down very well and flys around near the LOS, I'm not concerned a bit about his abilities there. Main hang-up is his ability to cover.

Rutgers is his best one, IMO. Guy is a torpedo. Still feel like he is just a hair slow on his reactions. Needs to see it before reacting. Not sure if you can coach anticipation.

I doubt he being too soft to be a FS will ever be a problem watching the Rutgers cut.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he has his moments, but I strongly disagree on his breakdown skills. Clearly some of you didn't see his UCF cut up. He only broke down ONCE in that game. Lots and lots and lots of arm tackles.

As for calling him soft, sure he has his moments, but so does MD Jennings. I think his reaction and diagnoses skills are what these draft scouts are looking at and that's why he's billed as a 2nd rounder. That said, a one-trick pony as a 2nd rounder isn't such a great idea. He arm tackles way too often, BF004 mentioned his sketchy cover skills which is worth noting, and his habit of throwing himself around the ball rather than breaking down and making a sure tackle are the reasons we should want none of this guy.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
I know he has his moments, but I strongly disagree on his breakdown skills. Clearly some of you didn't see his UCF cut up. He only broke down ONCE in that game. Lots and lots and lots of arm tackles.

As for calling him soft, sure he has his moments, but so does MD Jennings. I think his reaction and diagnoses skills are what these draft scouts are looking at and that's why he's billed as a 2nd rounder. That said, a one-trick pony as a 2nd rounder isn't such a great idea. He arm tackles way too often, BF004 mentioned his sketchy cover skills which is worth noting, and his habit of throwing himself around the ball rather than breaking down and making a sure tackle are the reasons we should want none of this guy.

I counted as few as 3 and as many as 5 breakdown tackles depending on how picky you want to be. He had a really bad game tackling, no doubt, but he's a much better tackler on every other tape. also, give the guy a break, safeties typically aren't afforded the opportunity to breakdown and get a guy down, it's mostly open field tackling. Just get the guy on the ground.
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ladler did speak with a Packers scout this week.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-safety-position-could-get-helped-by-the-nfl-draft-b99187832z1-241232261.html

Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
Quote:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-safety-position-could-get-helped-by-the-nfl-draft-b99187832z1-241232261.html

I think he could be a solid mid-round pick; especially if his 40 time is better than advertised.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This all we got so far?

Quote:
Tre Boston | FS | North Carolina
Max Bullough | ILB | Michigan State
Joe Clancy | QB | Merrimack
Gavin Farr | C | Southern Utah
Stanley Jean-Baptiste | CB | Nebraska
Kenny Ladler | FS | Vanderbilt
Trent Murphy | DE/OLB | Stanford

#JDI
justo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
This all we got so far?

Quote:
Desir, too.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
This all we got so far?

Quote:
Pierre Desir | CB | Lindenwood

#JDI
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
Quote:

Underrated coverage skills. Probably a Mid 3rd grade for me.
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus Smith should be on there as well.

Quote:

Originally a quarterback at Louisville, Smith shouldn't have a problem with X's and O's. Learning an entire offense is a heck of a lot more time-consuming than OLB. Still, standing up "is a whole different ball game," he acknowledges.

"You have to look at coverage when you have one receiver or two receivers or even the running back," Smith said. "So it's a lot harder than when you're playing with your hand in the dirt because all you're really doing is going against a tackle."

That's why defensive ends struggle to make the switch, he adds. They've been operating at one speed, head down.

Smith did talk to the Packers and said he got a good vibe from the team. Various draft analysts project Smith as a second- or third-round pick.

"I feel I am a threat off the edge," Smith said. "I've only been playing the position for 2 years. I think I have a long way to go to get to where I want to be."

http://www.jsonline.com/tablet/sports/packers-still-searching-for-clay-matthews-counterpart-b99190372z1-241767831.html

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
justo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
Marcus Smith should be on there as well.

Quote:

Originally a quarterback at Louisville, Smith shouldn't have a problem with X's and O's. Learning an entire offense is a heck of a lot more time-consuming than OLB. Still, standing up "is a whole different ball game," he acknowledges.

"You have to look at coverage when you have one receiver or two receivers or even the running back," Smith said. "So it's a lot harder than when you're playing with your hand in the dirt because all you're really doing is going against a tackle."

That's why defensive ends struggle to make the switch, he adds. They've been operating at one speed, head down.

Smith did talk to the Packers and said he got a good vibe from the team. Various draft analysts project Smith as a second- or third-round pick.

"I feel I am a threat off the edge," Smith said. "I've only been playing the position for 2 years. I think I have a long way to go to get to where I want to be."

http://www.jsonline.com/tablet/sports/packers-still-searching-for-clay-matthews-counterpart-b99190372z1-241767831.html
Also Saunders, too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 9 of 29

Jump to: