You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Commander Zim coming to Minnesota:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krauser

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
I calculated the 16-game running average of point differential, turnover differential, and wins over the last 16 games since Zimmer took over:

Also, here are points allowed per game, and yards allowed per game:

Cool graphs.

Amazing thing is the dip in PD/game and wins coincides with losing Joseph, Barr and Smith while facing 2 of the top teams in the NFC last year, 4 days apart.

Might've finished 12-4 and held the points against down by another 20 or so if they hadn't had those particular injuries right at that time.
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer is recovering from surgery to repair a torn retina in one of his eyes.

Wearing sunglasses to limit the outside light at his news conference Wednesday next to the team's practice fields, Zimmer said he'd had vision trouble for a couple of days before scratching his eye during the game Monday in Chicago. He was sent for further examination and a procedure done Tuesday by doctors who warned him he risked blindness if he didn't address the problem.

Zimmer said he's been watching film with his good eye, using reading glasses so he can write down notes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vikings-coach-mike-zimmer-had-eye-surgery-torn-185639767--nfl.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A blind head coach really would have hurt our chances
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimmer: “My job is to win football games. I feel like I haven’t been doing a good enough job to get this team to win games. We’ve been close, but I don’t want them to be all excited that we lost 17-15 to Dallas, the best team in the league; there’s none of these participation trophies that we’re going to give. What we need to do is go win and do things the right way. I need to be tough on them. I need to make sure they’re doing things correctly all the time. If I see something I don’t like, I’m going to let them know. That’s just how it’s going to be.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/12/jokes-aside-vikings-admire-mike-zimmers-dedication-to-them/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/25/mike-zimmer-set-for-another-eye-surgery/related/

Quote:
Zimmer said on Wednesday that he still can’t see out of the eye and that he is scheduled for another operation in April.

“Hopefully that will fix it,” Zimmer said, via Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/25/mike-zimmer-set-for-another-eye-surgery/related/

Quote:
Zimmer said on Wednesday that he still can’t see out of the eye and that he is scheduled for another operation in April.

“Hopefully that will fix it,” Zimmer said, via Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News.

What a nightmare for him. Hope he can get it all resolved.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the Minnesota Vikings start the first phase of their offseason conditioning program, which eventually transitions into practices, head coach Mike Zimmer starts that part of the offseason with another eye surgery. It will mark at least the fifth surgery Zimmer has had on his right eye for a detached retina he suffered in the middle of the 2016 season. In order to have the least disruptive surgery during the season and allow him to travel via airplane, Zimmer elected to have an oil bubble placed in his eye last year. This time, however, Zimmer will have the more traditional method of have an oxygen-based bubble in the eye.

He elected to wait until the predraft travel to college pro days and private workouts for prospects was over because he won’t be able to fly for three weeks after the oxygen bubble is inserted. In another two months, he will have what he hopes is the last surgery to his eye.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/story/1771267-as-conditioning-starts-zimmer-to-surgery

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pray for a great surgery. Hopefully, I'll never get something like that, it sounds absolutely brutal.

Thx to Lil Uno!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope he can get through it 100%

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesfan89 wrote:
A blind head coach really would have hurt our chances

Doesn't seem to hurt the refs too much.

Boom.
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the contingency plan if this forces Zimmer to step down?

And I mean beyond the 2017 season. Do you start over with a new coaching staff? Or promote from within?

Personally, I'd keep the staff intact with Priefer as the Head Coach.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:

And I mean beyond the 2017 season. Do you start over with a new coaching staff? Or promote from within?

I would imagine Mike Priefer would be the interim coach. After that.... probably an outside hire and just start over.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine that it'd be a situation which would force him to retire, but I agree with Heimdallr...probably promote Priefer to interim HC for the season and then either give him the job permanently (if he does really well...wouldn't that chap Kluwe's hide?) or hire outside.

Thx to Lil Uno!
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I can't imagine that it'd be a situation which would force him to retire, but I agree with Heimdallr...probably promote Priefer to interim HC for the season and then either give him the job permanently (if he does really well...wouldn't that chap Kluwe's hide?) or hire outside.

His last interview with Paul Allen, he revealed that he's blind in one eye and only has 50% vision in the other eye. This is a lot more serious than the media is treating it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

I would imagine Mike Priefer would be the interim coach. After that.... probably an outside hire and just start over.

It would be an interesting situation if Zimmer can't coach this year, or has to step back from coaching during the season. Priefer as a one-game interim coach made all the sense in the world. But for long-term, like for the remainder of an entire season, I'm guessing they'd go in a different direction and would probably select Shurmur, who has past head coaching experience.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 59 of 60

Jump to: