You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Commander Zim coming to Minnesota:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
The Mike Zimmer for Coach of the Year résumé is already building.

We're only two weeks into the year and already the team is down its starting QB, RB and LT. We're 2-0. His case will only get stronger as the team keeps winning.

you were saying...?

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Klomp wrote:

We're only two weeks into the year and already the team is down its starting QB, RB and LT. We're 2-0. His case will only get stronger as the team keeps winning.

you were saying...?

Now that one I nailed!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
vikings209 wrote:
Just think if we made the Super Bowl or even a deep playoff run this year without AP or BH2O it would definitely show how great a coach and coaching staff we really have.

Could Spielman make a case for Executive of the Year if Bradford makes it through the year healthy and leads the team to the playoffs?

With the way Spielman has built this team with smart draft picks, plus the fact that the Bradford trade will look like a bargain if we are that successful...I'd say yes.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrance Newman: “I was one of the guys that was lobbying for Mike to get a head coaching job way back when. He’s as good as they come. He knows every facet of the game — offense, defense and special teams. He’s done a great job with this team, for sure.’’

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Pelissero-No-One-Should-be-Surprised-by-Vikings-Defenses-Success/6200a7f5-7f17-4001-8778-ad4717470d64?sf36989017=1

Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We often focus on talent in the NFL, but coaching is an underrated part of a team’s success. In the span of a month, the Vikings lost franchise quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, once-in-a-generation running back Adrian Peterson, starting left tackle Matt Kalil and defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd to injuries. But the first three weeks of the season—all wins for Minnesota—have turned Zimmer into an early front-runner for coach of the year.

His biggest competition might be the man wearing a hoodie in Foxboro. In New England, the Patriots’ ability to keep winning not just without Tom Brady, but also without Jimmy Garoppolo, has earned Bill Belichick almost as much respect as his Super Bowls. What Zimmer has done in Minnesota has been Patriots-esque, to the point that “Do Your Job” is a phrase commonly uttered around the Vikings’ Winter Park headquarters.

The identity that Zimmer wanted to establish when he took over the team in 2014 started with the simple idea that winning is the result of playing fundamentally sound football. A deep roster and an aggressive trade for Sam Bradford helped the Vikings withstand critical personnel losses, but Zimmer’s philosophy has been the driving force behind their early-season success.

“We are going to be technicians, and we are going to do our job better than anyone else in the league,” says defensive line assistant Andre Patterson, who has coached with Zimmer at four different pro and college stops since 1988. “It doesn’t matter who is out there, your technique, and doing your job is going to allow us to be successful. So when somebody goes down, and the next guy goes in, we all believe that guy is going to do things correctly. Your players don’t panic, and no one thinks, I’ve gotta make more plays because someone is missing.”

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/09/27/nfl-minnesota-vikings-mike-zimmer-kyle-rudolph-sam-bradford

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimmer speaking from his holding cell with Deion Sanders, one of his former players:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/story/1710739-video-zimmer-has-good-time-with-prime-time

VikeManDan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Zimmer speaking from his holding cell with Deion Sanders, one of his former players:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/story/1710739-video-zimmer-has-good-time-with-prime-time

I got a kick out of this, caught this on the Vikings app. Deion is a believer in Zimmer!

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a story about Zimmer's relationship with Bill Parcells, and how it is similar to a coach mentoring a younger player. but now Zimmer as a coach is getting the mentoring and support from a veteran.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/story/1711110-zimmer-talks-tuna-treadwell

vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimmer: "It doesn't matter who's playing, we expect them to perform."

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Zimmer-Our-Guys-Arent-About-Stats--Just-Wins/a5e469f1-eff5-4d18-8902-d7da318a930d?sf37785182=1

perrynoid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a good laugh out of this and thought I'd share:

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/10/9/13216680/video-mike-zimmer-vs-the-king-of-pop
y*so*blu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
I got a good laugh out of this and thought I'd share:

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/10/9/13216680/video-mike-zimmer-vs-the-king-of-pop

Hilarious! Well written and well performed. I'll never get that out of my head.

"Cause we've got Zimmer, Zimmer now..."
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimmer: “I think it’s 0-0 now, and we start a new season. You just forget about what has happened in the past, and we start moving on. For us, I think it’s an 11-game season, and we’ll see where we’re at then.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Presser-Points-Zimmer-Says-Vikings-11-Game-Season-Starts-with-Eagles/cd080e3e-06df-4d2e-9485-637f40bc8ecf?sf39107939=1

disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not unlike Bruce Arians in Arizona, Zimmer's long-awaited ascension doubles as a case study of a very real problem in the NFL: Two of the game's brightest minds were passed over time and again for the annual wave of buzzy candidates and hot, young coordinators du jour -- too many of whom wind up flushed out of a job within a few seasons as the process begins all over again.

"Here's the thing about Mike ... ," said former Cowboys vice president of player personnel and current NFL.com writer Gil Brandt. "Mike had a goal set that he wanted to become a coach in the National Football League. And he turned down an opportunity to become a head coach at Nebraska [in 2004] to stay as an assistant coach [with the Cowboys]. Very few people roll the dice that way."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000723629/article/mike-zimmers-resiliency-defines-undefeated-vikings

Thx to Lil Uno!
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I calculated the 16-game running average of point differential, turnover differential, and wins over the last 16 games since Zimmer took over:

Also, here are points allowed per game, and yards allowed per game:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 58 of 60

Jump to: