Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Glennon All-Rookie Team
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Glennon All-Rookie Team Reply with quote

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Glennon-Named-Top-Rookie-Quarterback/d28da7aa-c836-4c1c-af37-38bd42e42a76

Quote:
The Pro Football Writers of America revealed their 2013 NFL All-Rookie Team on Tuesday, and the Buccaneers are represented at a key position, with Mike Glennon getting the honors at quarterback.

Glennon's selection marks the first time since 2007 that the PFWA's All-Rookie quarterback was not a player taken in the first round. The last five passers to collect that honor were all players chosen among the first five picks of the draft: Robert Griffin III (2nd in 2012), Cam Newton (1st in 2011), Sam Bradford (1st in 2010), Mark Sanchez (5th in 2009) and Matt Ryan (3rd in 2008).

Glennon shattered the Buccaneer rookie records for passing yards (2,608) and touchdown passes. He threw for at least two touchdowns in eight of his 13 starts, another franchise rookie standard. Glennon follows three Buccaneers who were named to the PFWA All-Rookie Team the previous year: safety Mark Barron, linebacker Lavonte David and running back Doug Martin.

Mad props to my boy Mikey G!

Glad to see that some do appreciate what Mike did this season and how he made the best out of a bad situation.

Here's to our starting qb next season Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Glennon All-Rookie Team Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Glennon-Named-Top-Rookie-Quarterback/d28da7aa-c836-4c1c-af37-38bd42e42a76

Quote:
The Pro Football Writers of America revealed their 2013 NFL All-Rookie Team on Tuesday, and the Buccaneers are represented at a key position, with Mike Glennon getting the honors at quarterback.

Glennon's selection marks the first time since 2007 that the PFWA's All-Rookie quarterback was not a player taken in the first round. The last five passers to collect that honor were all players chosen among the first five picks of the draft: Robert Griffin III (2nd in 2012), Cam Newton (1st in 2011), Sam Bradford (1st in 2010), Mark Sanchez (5th in 2009) and Matt Ryan (3rd in 2008).

Glennon shattered the Buccaneer rookie records for passing yards (2,608) and touchdown passes. He threw for at least two touchdowns in eight of his 13 starts, another franchise rookie standard. Glennon follows three Buccaneers who were named to the PFWA All-Rookie Team the previous year: safety Mark Barron, linebacker Lavonte David and running back Doug Martin.

Mad props to my boy Mikey G!

Glad to see that some do appreciate what Mike did this season and how he made the best out of a bad situation.

Here's to our starting qb next season Wink

I'm with you on Glennon Deuces
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great honor and no doubt he was the better rookie qb. However look at the competition he had for this award.

I hope glennon proves me wrong and takes his game to another level but I just don't see it.
ChaoticBuc3125

Location: From Boston, MA ... Hate Pats and rest of NFCS GO Bucs!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea this news haha he had no competition, well deserved lol Shocked

Congrads to 55 on HOF! To Revis FU! & MG#8 & his mob must go!
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Job, Well Deserved

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

Huge fan of Brett Smith Part of me thinks this is the potential franchise QB...

lol sorry I had to laugh there
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a huge amount of respect for Glennon and what he was able to accomplish last year. Martin? IR. Williams? IR. Nicks? IR. Joseph. Useless. Play-calling? Useless. HC? Over his head. And with all that he still managed to perform? Well done.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guess by the "look at the competition" and "haha he had no competition" comments means you guys think the Bills and Jets will also be looking to trade up to the top five to grab a new qb as well?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
I'm guess by the "look at the competition" and "haha he had no competition" comments means you guys think the Bills and Jets will also be looking to trade up to the top five to grab a new qb as well?

Maybe But Doubt it Same with us

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

Huge fan of Brett Smith Part of me thinks this is the potential franchise QB...

lol sorry I had to laugh there
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job to our starting QB next season Very Happy

Still don't get how people are not sold on him. He broke rookie records, had no targets outside of VJ, weak o-line and run game, horrible OC and coaching staff in general and he still managed to put together a good rookie season.

Over at Buffalo, all the NFL experts are praising how good EJ Emanuel is, and all the Bills fans are excited about the teams future with EJ......but over here where Glennon was light years better than EJ, 75% of our fans think he will be nothing more than a 2nd string his whole career Confused

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Great job to our starting QB next season Very Happy

Still don't get how people are not sold on him. He broke rookie records, had no targets outside of VJ, weak o-line and run game, horrible OC and coaching staff in general and he still managed to put together a good rookie season.

Over at Buffalo, all the NFL experts are praising how good EJ Emanuel is, and all the Bills fans are excited about the teams future with EJ......but over here where Glennon was light years better than EJ, 75% of our fans think he will be nothing more than a 2nd string his whole career Confused

I think mike mayock was great at explaining glennon. I'll post interview later to JBF. You have to be cautiously sold.

He did a solid job under the circumstances but nothing jumped out as wow or great.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
He did a solid job under the circumstances but nothing jumped out as wow or great.

Glennon will prove you and all the other haters wrong

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He basically ran against himself, but he did make the best out of a poor situation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Glennon will prove you and all the other haters wrong

Lol I love if we don't see a guy as a franchise were haters. Come on man.
LetterOfMarque

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope Glennon makes significant strides next season. He was never put in a position to succeed. If Tedford designs an offense tailored to maximise Glennon's strengths I think he will surprise a lot of people.

We just need to revamp the O-Line and give him a couple more legit receivers and we could be in the running for a wild card berth.
tscott20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He basically ran against himself, but he did make the best out of a poor situation.

Good for Glennon, but it is not like he much or really any competition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: