Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pep Hamilton reportedly turns down Vandy HC job
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:
Looks like it was Pep's job to take, and he turned it down...

Goes up another notch in my thoughts about him

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132945/pep-hamilton

Quote:
Colts offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton turned down Vanderbilt's head coaching job, according to CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman.
Vanderbilt had a private plane set to get Hamilton and his family this morning "but he passed to stay (as) Colts OC," according to Feldman. Hamilton joined the Colts this year after coaching at Stanford.

Im ready for next year already... Soo far away

offseason should be fun though

see who stays, who goes

who we add..

Cant wait
WOW

If this is indeed true, it definitely earns some immediate respect. Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of the Colts hiring him to take over as OC and he has already dedicated another offseason to helping this offense. Keeping the offense relatively similar for the main core players all the while getting a full offseason with others (namely Richardson, Thornton and Da'Rick Rogers)

I'm going to change the thread title to reflect this new development.

Great news for the team. Consistency is key for young players to develop and succeed. The offensive scheme is good, and Pep's play calling improved as the season went on.

I'm incredibly excited about next year already. Our young and talented receivers (Whalen, Brazill, and Rogers) got great experience and seem like the built a lot of trust with Luck. I think going into next year it actually might be one of our strongest units next year with Wayne and Hilton.

I really REALLY want to see what a healthy Ballard can do in this scheme. I think his running style is gonna fit perfectly and, shocking as it might be, I think we get our first 1k yards runner in years.
bladefd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colton wrote:

I really REALLY want to see what a healthy Ballard can do in this scheme. I think his running style is gonna fit perfectly and, shocking as it might be, I think we get our first 1k yards runner in years.

Do you think Ballard will become our #1 runner over Trent Rich? I'm starting to think Richardson is a bust, and in hind-sight it was a huge mistake to trade for him. I'm not sure if Ballard will work out either for whole season.

If only Bradshaw could stay healthy. He is a beast when healthy, but his playing style makes it almost impossible for him to stay healthy. I have watched him play quite a bit with the Giants (they're the 2nd most team I watch after Colts since they're a local team), and he is nothing but impressive. The issue he used to have was with staying healthy and fumbling the ball - he may have fixed the fumbling issue. You could bench him until the playoffs then let him loose in playoffs. IDK.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bladefd wrote:
Colton wrote:

Do you think Ballard will become our #1 runner over Trent Rich? I'm starting to think Richardson is a bust, and in hind-sight it was a huge mistake to trade for him. I'm not sure if Ballard will work out either for whole season.

If only Bradshaw could stay healthy. He is a beast when healthy, but his playing style makes it almost impossible for him to stay healthy. I have watched him play quite a bit with the Giants (they're the 2nd most team I watch after Colts since they're a local team), and he is nothing but impressive. The issue he used to have was with staying healthy and fumbling the ball - he may have fixed the fumbling issue. You could bench him until the playoffs then let him loose in playoffs. IDK.

I think the #1 spot is still Bradshaw's to lose. He won it in training camp over Bradshaw and Brown, and he should come back at full strength by the time OTAs roll around. The system we have fits his style very well.

Bradshaw is a 210lb slashing back who tries too often to be a power back. If he slightly changed his style to run more like Donald Brown did this year, he'd probably never get hurt.

Watching Donald run this year was awesome. He never took the big hit, bounced off anything that wasn't a square tackle and really showed a great ability to make people miss in the hole and in the open field. Bradshaw usually just tries to hit a guy, and with his smaller frame he just can't sustain it for a full season. If Bradshaw ran just a little more like that, he'd probably avoid those nagging injuries and could be even more dangerous.

All that said, I highly doubt Bradshaw's a Colt next year. Already have 2 RBs on the roster, and he would probably be competing for the 2nd spot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: