Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants hire Packers QB coach Ben McAdoo as OC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
driftwood

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
The most important thing he said in his intro was that the offense was going to "rely on the fundamentals" - that means less option based, complex route tree passing offense and more focus on getting the skill players in simplified roles that will take advantage of their skill set... And it sounds like we are FINALLY going to have a short passing game.. 3 step drops, slants, quick screens, crossing patterns... Throws that get a quarterback in rhythm.. I was so sick and tired of seeing the Giants throw the ball 30 yards downfield anytime it was 1st and 10 or 3rd and 3... Someone young with a fresh take on offense and someone who worked on one of the most successful offensive units in the league in Green Bay.. I love it

funny he says that... McCarthy has been know to be stubborn in that aspect for ever now... he hardly ever uses short slants/screens/dump-offs to get the ball moving & only recently has actually called running plays consistently

i'm always curious to see how the former assistant coaches do in bigger roles on other teams
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way...if he comes out and uses alot of 3 WR sets then i'm curious to see what happens if we keep Nicks. Will Jerrnigan continue to get his snaps? Will RR make a leap we all hope he would...alot of questions will be answered this year when it comes to our WR's
minutemancl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If nicks is gone, Randle is 1, Cruz is 2, JJ in the slot. I'm more than ok with that.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
If nicks is gone, Randle is 1, Cruz is 2, JJ in the slot. I'm more than ok with that.

Cruz excels in the slot.. One of the reasons JJ never got on the field until after Cruz went down.
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will grab a WR to play #1 for us so RR can stay at #2 and Cruz @ 3

Kodaraw wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

Cruz excels in the slot.. One of the reasons JJ never got on the field until after Cruz went down.
dkebones

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
We will grab a WR to play #1 for us so RR can stay at #2 and Cruz @ 3

Kodaraw wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

maybe. but i think the obvious question after your statement is "who"?
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what is the asking price for that no 1... ugh.

Ill take randle at 1, Cruz and JJ at 2-3. Give us a great tight end and good oline

If eli has time, he can make Ramses Barden look legit

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't sit well with me that we have two slot (small) WR playing out #2 & #3. I would like somebody to come in and have some size to play #2 and keep Cruz in the slot and bring out JJ when we go four wide.

bballbkd1001 wrote:

Ill take randle at 1, Cruz and JJ at 2-3. Give us a great tight end and good oline

w4rrior723

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
It doesn't sit well with me that we have two slot (small) WR playing out #2 & #3. I would like somebody to come in and have some size to play #2 and keep Cruz in the slot and bring out JJ when we go four wide.

bballbkd1001 wrote:

Victor Cruz is 6 feet tall and had over a 40" vertical at his pro-day. That beats out Nicks' high point at 6'1" and a 36" vertical. The misconception that Cruz is a "small" receiver is ridiculous especially since one of his best assets is the way he attacks and high-points the ball in the air, particularly when defenders are on him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That might be all well and good but i dont want Cruz out there on the edge...i want him in the slot.

w4rrior723 wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:

bballbkd1001 wrote:

Victor Cruz is 6 feet tall and had over a 40" vertical at his pro-day. That beats out Nicks' high point at 6'1" and a 36" vertical. The misconception that Cruz is a "small" receiver is ridiculous especially since one of his best assets is the way he attacks and high-points the ball in the air, particularly when defenders are on him.
dkebones

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
That might be all well and good but i dont want Cruz out there on the edge...i want him in the slot.

w4rrior723 wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:

bballbkd1001 wrote:

yes, but why? based on your previous post its because you've defined him as a "small slot receiver."

and again, you can say you're right about your viewpoint all day long but until you back it up with some ideas/options for that "#1 receiver" you argue we so badly need, it doesn't hold much water.
reckless123

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:

Yeh thats really impressive about him. But when Cruz is on the outside, DBs know how to stop him. Its going to be a dilemma between Jernigan and Cruz.

"Champagne"..."Mountain Range"..."Hugs".
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Cruz in he slot because in the slot he was running the option routes where he was his route depending on what the defense was showing (go look and hear what Carlos Rogers was saying during the NFC title game). Putting Cruz on the outside is going to be alot easier for defenses to contain him and gameplan for him better. When he's in the slot we can use our matchups to dictate the game on offense.

dkebones wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:

w4rrior723 wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:

bballbkd1001 wrote:

yes, but why? based on your previous post its because you've defined him as a "small slot receiver."

and again, you can say you're right about your viewpoint all day long but until you back it up with some ideas/options for that "#1 receiver" you argue we so badly need, it doesn't hold much water.
dkebones

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
I like Cruz in he slot because in the slot he was running the option routes where he was his route depending on what the defense was showing (go look and hear what Carlos Rogers was saying during the NFC title game). Putting Cruz on the outside is going to be alot easier for defenses to contain him and gameplan for him better. When he's in the slot we can use our matchups to dictate the game on offense.

....all well and good but my continued point stands that you still haven't offered up an idea how to keep him there. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: