Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants hire Packers QB coach Ben McAdoo as OC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dkebones


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 3552
Location: Giants fan in the Seahawk's backyard...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
I couldn't be happier.


x2 Dancing
_________________
“I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they’re going to feel all day.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 9819
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I read about this hiring the happier I am.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
w4rrior723


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 4996
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of when we brought in the positional coach Steve Spagnuolo from the Eagles. Hopefully he has the same type of effect as a Coordinator.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WiscoBlue21


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 200
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a person who lives in Wisconsin and are surronded by die hard packers fans (also get the games every sunday) I can tell you that we probably throw alot of screens, quick slants. If he can bring the ability of WR's making DB's miss and getting YAC then im down for whatever he offers us. I just hope he stays committed to the run.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 19901
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
As a person who lives in Wisconsin and are surronded by die hard packers fans (also get the games every sunday) I can tell you that we probably throw alot of screens, quick slants. If he can bring the ability of WR's making DB's miss and getting YAC then im down for whatever he offers us. I just hope he stays committed to the run.


Yea well let's hope they are the poorly designed convoluted screens that Killdrive was known for. Or for that matter screens to Hillis, Myers, and Hynoski.... Laughing
_________________

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WiscoBlue21


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 200
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His screens would drive me nuts!!!!! Our screens looked the same way the Saints screens looked last weekened against seattle (i believe they tried 4 times and all of them were a complete fail)..only we wouldn't always be playing the hawks but the redskins and at home lol.

Shockey1979 wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:
As a person who lives in Wisconsin and are surronded by die hard packers fans (also get the games every sunday) I can tell you that we probably throw alot of screens, quick slants. If he can bring the ability of WR's making DB's miss and getting YAC then im down for whatever he offers us. I just hope he stays committed to the run.


Yea well let's hope they are the poorly designed convoluted screens that Killdrive was known for. Or for that matter screens to Hillis, Myers, and Hynoski.... Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 9819
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
His screens would drive me nuts!!!!! Our screens looked the same way the Saints screens looked last weekened against seattle (i believe they tried 4 times and all of them were a complete fail)..only we wouldn't always be playing the hawks but the redskins and at home lol.

Shockey1979 wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:
As a person who lives in Wisconsin and are surronded by die hard packers fans (also get the games every sunday) I can tell you that we probably throw alot of screens, quick slants. If he can bring the ability of WR's making DB's miss and getting YAC then im down for whatever he offers us. I just hope he stays committed to the run.


Yea well let's hope they are the poorly designed convoluted screens that Killdrive was known for. Or for that matter screens to Hillis, Myers, and Hynoski.... Laughing


I'm pretty sure they had 6 screen attempts. 2 drops, 2 broken up, 2 1st downs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
driftwood


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 5881
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
How much do TE block in the Green Bay west coast?


not sure how much of the TE's use for the packers over the years had to do with Mccarthy's obsession with that position or Bens tutelage

but the packers have always rostered up the TE postion with multiple styles...

they like to have pass catchers (like finley, bostick, humphrey, williams), & hybrid blockers (like crabtree, taylor, quarless, lee, havner)...

so you are probably going to see a mix of TE types... but if Ben runs any type of offense similar to Mccarthy then it'll be TE heavy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 33825
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like this from Eagles PoV Mad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 33825
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this Coughlins move or is this Mara pushing for some change?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bballbkd1001


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 3690
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im so excited to see a new school offense. it's no chip kelly but its no girlbride
_________________


^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 20785
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
I still think Finley would be a good signing for us. We know how good he can be, how much of a threat he is, and he's got to have a good relationship with McAdoo.


He had what? One good year?

Then even with Rodgers couldn't do anything for the last 3-4 years.

You know a players bad when even Packers fans will admit that they are bad.
_________________


#WeTheNorth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 9819
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Is this Coughlins move or is this Mara pushing for some change?


Both. He also talked to Eli but Mara and Tom both said Eli would have no say in the hiring.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HamilcarBarca


Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 362
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
He spent a while as TE coach in GB. Might we finally use our TEs?


Or maybe we'll draft Eric Ebron and use a TE heavily in our up tempo passing attack...?


Jermichael Finley is a free agent...

Do you mean HoFinley?

I am so stoked for this hire

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xfaxtor


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 13110
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most important thing he said in his intro was that the offense was going to "rely on the fundamentals" - that means less option based, complex route tree passing offense and more focus on getting the skill players in simplified roles that will take advantage of their skill set... And it sounds like we are FINALLY going to have a short passing game.. 3 step drops, slants, quick screens, crossing patterns... Throws that get a quarterback in rhythm.. I was so sick and tired of seeing the Giants throw the ball 30 yards downfield anytime it was 1st and 10 or 3rd and 3... Someone young with a fresh take on offense and someone who worked on one of the most successful offensive units in the league in Green Bay.. I love it
_________________


^Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group