Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sio Moore named to All-Rookie Team!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
RG3 is a bad example. If he was healthy the Redskins would definitely be competitive.

RG3 sucked this year. Can't scramble? Fine. Make plays in the pocket. He didn't.

Its been noted by his former QB coach and countless others within the organization and NFL in general, that it was extremely apparent his knee was/is not fully healed and he couldnt plant or step into his throws due to his knee being still screwed up. I personally think he will never be a great pocket passer, but I am giving last season a pass due to the fact he came back from his injury WAY too soon.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
RG3 is a bad example. If he was healthy the Redskins would definitely be competitive.

RG3 sucked this year. Can't scramble? Fine. Make plays in the pocket. He didn't.

Its been noted by his former QB coach and countless others within the organization and NFL in general, that it was extremely apparent his knee was/is not fully healed and he couldnt plant or step into his throws due to his knee being still screwed up. I personally think he will never be a great pocket passer, but I am giving last season a pass due to the fact he came back from his injury WAY too soon.

Knee or not, he held his team back as a passer. And he held them back as a bad teammate by not shutting it down to heal and let someone fully healthy step in. Was he afraid Kirk Cousins was going to steal his job or something? Laughing

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
The LAST thing the Raiders need to do is trade up. This team is badly in need of players. Look at what's happening to Julio & RGIII (even Ricky Williams historically), mega-trades adversely affect the team's ability to win in the long run.

You have to let the draft come to you. If Clowney is gone (or even if he is depending on the offer) I would trade down. I am confident there will be a buyer with Clowney, Watkins or a QB being the likely target. Outside of the box, I would even go so far as to suggest the Raiders front office should trade for future picks. In the future the Raiders could do what the Patriots have done in the past or what is being suggested the Rams may do which is use one and trade one for more future picks. It would be an aggressive move but it would accomplish a number of things: 1) opting out of the first round of a draft lacking star power 2) opting into a deep draft by acquiring more second round picks and 3) leveraging for more assets in lieu of the 2016 Winston/Hackenberg draft.

RG3 is a bad example. If he was healthy the Redskins would definitely be competitive. Same goes for Julio, both players have a huge impact on whether their teams can win games.

It's worth it to trade up if you truly believe the guy your trading up for will have a huge positive impact on your teams future.

You are right though, MOST of the time, trading up is a bad idea. Especially when a future 1st is involved. We would probably only be giving up our 2nd rounder to trade up.

Yeah but unless you have a Super Bowl Team thats young and one player away from taking it all, yo never mortgage the future. I mean the lack of depth hurt both the Redskins and Falcons, at least the Falcons can recover this year I bet the Redskins really wished they'd have that first to upgrade the team. They could use Watkins, or Matthews.

+1

absolutely spot on. It's not about hitting on the pick as obviously RGIII & Jones are "great playerz" trading that many assets away makes achieving a Super Bowl that much less feasible. It only makes your team more exciting in the short run if you successfully hit on the pick. No way I would my future organization to trade that much for me.

Again, rather I would trade completely out of the 1st round in a weak 2014 1st round to acquire more leverage in 2016. It would be an aggressive unpopular move but you would potentially be well leveraged for the 2016 Winston/Hackenberg/DGB draft. It's coming. Be aware!
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres literally a -50% chance Hardy becomes a raider next year unless we disgustingly overpay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

Knee or not, he held his team back as a passer. And he held them back as a bad teammate by not shutting it down to heal and let someone fully healthy step in. Was he afraid Kirk Cousins was going to steal his job or something? Laughing

After their rookie season (RGIII & Keap) and in RGIII case his father's comments about how RGIII would not survive in the NFL as a runner I think what we witnessed (early in the season for Kaep) they are trying to actively pursue being pocket passers. This is a reset of RGIII who will now have to be brought along slowly sans the draft picks that could have been used to strengthen his supporting cast. I would temper RGIII's ceiling but then I am higher on him now than I was before because I wasn't very high on him as a running QB.

It's just a hunch but I think Wilson, Kaep & RGIII are VERY smart and quickly realized they cannot run in this league. Whether or not they reach their potential I hafta give them kudos for being aware enough to realize where they need to get to. That awareness is the difference that gives them a real opportunity to make it in this league.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
theres literally a -50% chance Hardy becomes a raider next year unless we disgustingly overpay

why?

Carolina cant afford to keep him and we have 30mill more cap space than the next team out of the entire league.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: