Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sio Moore named to All-Rookie Team!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Sio Moore named to All-Rookie Team! Reply with quote

Here is the full rookie team:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/08/2013-pff-all-rookie-team/2/

Quote:
Edge Rushers: Ziggy Ansah, DET (-0.7) and Sio Moore, OAK (+8.6)

Prior to the season we felt Ansah might get pushed around in the running game but make up for that with his ability to get pressure. As it transpired, it was the other way around with the first-rounder doing a solid job holding his edge but being flattered by his sack numbers; his nine being accompanied by only 25 other hits or hurries. Moore’s play was very similar with the majority of his positive grade coming against the run and being slightly below average as a rusher.

And here is focused on Sio:

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Sio-Moore-Named-to-2013-Pro-Football-Writers-Association’s-All-Rookie-Team/05303f83-5ec9-4e30-b8d5-df93d64bc197

Quote:
Oakland Raiders linebacker Sio Moore has been named to the Pro Football Writers Association’s All-Rookie Team, the PFWA announced today.
Moore becomes the first Raider to be named to the PFWA’s All-Rookie team since Stefen Wisniewskiearned the honor in 2011.
The Raiders’ third-round selection (66th overall) in the 2013 NFL Draft, Moore played in 15 games (11 starts) for the Silver and Black last season. He totaled 55 tackles (33 solo), 4.5 sacks and one forced fumble. His 4.5 sacks ranked fourth in the NFL among rookies.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.

Last edited by RaidersAreOne on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Big Rob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice. i think the kid will only get better. Definately a building block for our defense..
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet, we want to upgrade him with Mack or Barr.
ch8878

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

I don't.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

I don't think that way. I look at it like, we can add an impact pass rusher with either of them. Sio wasn't an impact rusher. I think we'd be better of utilizing his all around LB skillset rather than trying to have him masquerade as a consistently effective pass rusher. Kevin Burnett played pretty well at WLB, but he's under contract for only one more year and at his age it would be prudent to begin look for a successor. Enter Sio Moore who can do basically everything Burnett can other than be experienced. Mack or Barr would be much better suited to play Sio's role in our defense. Outside of Clowney, there aren't any 4-3 RE pass rushers worth taking for a while. It certainly helps that the DE FA crop is plentiful this year and that we have cap space for it. Plus our coaches have a specialty with LBs.

And here's another thing: If we don't take Mack or Barr, who do we pick? I know you're not high on the QB class and I'm not sure Watkins or Matthews would be the best value for our roster. Obviously if Clowney is there we take him or if there is a chance to trade down we need to heavily consider it. But hypothetically, say we're stuck at 5 and Jadeveon Clowney has been picked. What do you do, Bagga?

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

Because joe blow put him on his all rookie team? Sio is not bad, far from the problem on this team, but he hasn't shown nothing special; there are definitely flaws in his game. For exp. he's not the best pass rusher, doesn't use his hands good, not that good coverage, etc. But of coarse there's room for improvement, it's his 1st year.
He does not necessarily need to be replaced, it could be Burnett, if he can beat him out, might not return, and is up in age.
But if we want to be a great defense we need to be able to put pressure on the qb. And none of our linebackers at it.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was good in a handful of games in the middle of the season. Was MIA in other games. His numbers probably tell you how weak the rookie position was this year. Needs to shed blocks better, but he was a small bright spot this year.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Because joe blow put him on his all rookie team? Sio is not bad, far from the problem on this team, but he hasn't shown nothing special; there are definitely flaws in his game. For exp. he's not the best pass rusher, doesn't use his hands good, not that good coverage, etc. But of coarse there's room for improvement, it's his 1st year.
He does not necessarily need to be replaced, it could be Burnett, if he can beat him out, might not return, and is up in age.
But if we want to be a great defense we need to be able to put pressure on the qb. And none of our linebackers at it.

So we're all gonna pretend there isn't a baby eating stork posting on our boards? Okay

“If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I’m uncoachable, I’m unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

I don't think that way. I look at it like, we can add an impact pass rusher with either of them. Sio wasn't an impact rusher. I think we'd be better of utilizing his all around LB skillset rather than trying to have him masquerade as a consistently effective pass rusher. Kevin Burnett played pretty well at WLB, but he's under contract for only one more year and at his age it would be prudent to begin look for a successor. Enter Sio Moore who can do basically everything Burnett can other than be experienced. Mack or Barr would be much better suited to play Sio's role in our defense. Outside of Clowney, there aren't any 4-3 RE pass rushers worth taking for a while. It certainly helps that the DE FA crop is plentiful this year and that we have cap space for it. Plus our coaches have a specialty with LBs.

And here's another thing: If we don't take Mack or Barr, who do we pick? I know you're not high on the QB class and I'm not sure Watkins or Matthews would be the best value for our roster. Obviously if Clowney is there we take him or if there is a chance to trade down we need to heavily consider it. But hypothetically, say we're stuck at 5 and Jadeveon Clowney has been picked. What do you do, Bagga?

Given your very limiting parameters probably Watkins. It's not my pick nor will it be popular. However, at this time, without the benefit of the Combine I think that Watkins is the most polished and most explosive WR in the draft. Is he Calvin Johnson? Obviously not but statistically it's not required that he be to become a significant contributor in the near future.

Obviously this glaring inconsistency has sparked some debate. Since someone already referred to Sio as the 8th best OLB, per PFF. How is that consistently we consider upgrading an obviously a developing player or moving him out of position when the simplest solution would be to acquire a DE either through FA or draft to allow Sio to be more effective at what he does but in a TE heavy draft it is unthinkable to draft any of the quality TEs that will available out of fear of stunting Rivera's growth despite the fact that Rivera (23rd ranked TE; -5.4 run blocking) has never displayed the skill set that he may develop as a blocker even in college?
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

So we're all gonna pretend there isn't a baby eating stork posting on our boards? Okay
Laughing
raidr4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
No one has said replace Sio with Mack or Barr. Burnett would need to be replaced if not now soon. You know this man stop making stuff up.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
No one has said replace Sio with Mack or Barr. Burnett would need to be replaced if not now soon. You know this man stop making stuff up.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
He was good in a handful of games in the middle of the season. Was MIA in other games. His numbers probably tell you how weak the rookie position was this year. Needs to shed blocks better, but he was a small bright spot this year.

this. isnt really good at rushing the passer or dropping into coverage but he can tackle pretty good.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Given your very limiting parameters probably Watkins. It's not my pick nor will it be popular. However, at this time, without the benefit of the Combine I think that Watkins is the most polished and most explosive WR in the draft. Is he Calvin Johnson? Obviously not but statistically it's not required that he be to become a significant contributor in the near future.

Obviously this glaring inconsistency has sparked some debate. Since someone already referred to Sio as the 8th best OLB, per PFF. How is that consistently we consider upgrading an obviously a developing player or moving him out of position when the simplest solution would be to acquire a DE either through FA or draft to allow Sio to be more effective at what he does but in a TE heavy draft it is unthinkable to draft any of the quality TEs that will available out of fear of stunting Rivera's growth despite the fact that Rivera (23rd ranked TE; -5.4 run blocking) has never displayed the skill set that he may develop as a blocker even in college?

i agree and i dont understand why people think like this.

dont draft a.....
-qb cause we have mvm
-rt cause we have watson
-te cause we have rivera
-olb cause we have sio
-cb cause we have dj

but they like watkins when we have streeter, holmes and dmo
go figure.

imo all positions can be upgraded except maybe fb and lt.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Nice list.

For me, a guy I wouldn't mind seeing us pick is Anthony Barr. Move Sio to WLB and use his versatility. Sio can cover, blitz and set the edges. Put Barr at SLB and let Allen use him like Von Miller. Or even work him slowly and put Burris at WLB subbing out Sio for Barr sometimes. All about the long term.

Why would I need to make stuff up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: