Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions hire former Colts HC Jim Caldwell as HC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Lions hire former Colts HC Jim Caldwell as HC Reply with quote

I never thought he could manage to get another HC job, at least this soon.

Good Luck to him
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck to the Lions, what a terrible hire

THe Ravens offense was absolutely brutal this season, he turned Flacco from game manager to game destroyer.

Sorry Lions fans, should of just kept Jim Schwartz

Colts Roster/Cap 2014-2018
santiagomn8

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a ravens fan just throwing that out there first

I had a love/hate relationship with Caldwell. His appointment to OC during our Super Bowl run was crucial he also was the HC for the colts when they won the big game. So he has the rings the only thing I didn't like about him is he wasn't as aggressive as I would have liked now in the lions case from what I saw they are pretty aggressive at times maybe too aggressive. Especially stafford and one thing Caldwell seems to be good at is helping QBs. The whole ravens offense was horrible because a plethora a reasons not just joe Flacco or Caldwell. I think he will help you guys out
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

santiagomn8 wrote:

I had a love/hate relationship with Caldwell. His appointment to OC during our Super Bowl run was crucial he also was the HC for the colts when they LOST the big game. So he has the rings the only thing I didn't like about him is he wasn't as aggressive as I would have liked now in the lions case from what I saw they are pretty aggressive at times maybe too aggressive. Especially stafford and one thing Caldwell seems to be good at is helping QBs. The whole ravens offense was horrible because a plethora a reasons not just joe Flacco or Caldwell. I think he will help you guys out

Fixed it for you

Tony Dungy was coach when we won the big game

Caldwell got soo outcoached in the SB against the Saints that it isnt even funny

coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
santiagomn8 wrote:

I had a love/hate relationship with Caldwell. His appointment to OC during our Super Bowl run was crucial he also was the HC for the colts when they LOST the big game. So he has the rings the only thing I didn't like about him is he wasn't as aggressive as I would have liked now in the lions case from what I saw they are pretty aggressive at times maybe too aggressive. Especially stafford and one thing Caldwell seems to be good at is helping QBs. The whole ravens offense was horrible because a plethora a reasons not just joe Flacco or Caldwell. I think he will help you guys out

Fixed it for you

Tony Dungy was coach when we won the big game

Caldwell got soo outcoached in the SB against the Saints that it isnt even funny

Man it was so bad watching that game. I feel like any other average coach would have won it for us.

Also, to the Ravens fan...your last sentence makes it seem as if we hired him...and not the Lions. More appropriate to say it in the Lions forum since they need the consolation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions are one of my favourite teams besides Indy in the league and I want them to do well. Still hiring Jim Caldwell is a major step backward for that team and I figure it'll be another long season in Detroit for the Lions and their fans.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
The Lions are one of my favourite teams besides Indy in the league and I want them to do well. Still hiring Jim Caldwell is a major step backward for that team and I figure it'll be another long season in Detroit for the Lions and their fans.

I like the Lions too, Whiz would of been such a good hire for them IMO, too bad for the Lions he decided to go to TEN..

wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:

Man it was so bad watching that game. I feel like any other average coach would have won it for us.

Also, to the Ravens fan...your last sentence makes it seem as if we hired him...and not the Lions. More appropriate to say it in the Lions forum since they need the consolation.

I dropped by to offer my consolation.

coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
tom cody wrote:

I like the Lions too, Whiz would of been such a good hire for them IMO, too bad for the Lions he decided to go to TEN..

Not sure how they screwed up on this...Whiz would have done great for Stafford.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:
tom cody wrote:

Not sure how they screwed up on this...Whiz would have done great for Stafford.

They wanted Whiz, he just didnt want them..

Its funny I just went back to some threads when we were talking about firing Caldwell...they make me laugh. I thought about posting them for Lions fans, but forget about it..let them learn, they have a Ravens fan in there convincing them it will all be ok....

wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, I saw your post talking about the TO in Jets game...

Do you guys remember the TO he called in the Jags game during regular season?

Going to have to go find that thread, can use some more lulz

wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=430599&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Throw2Dowler wrote:
Wayne87reggie wrote: Not his first time!! I am praying he is fired and Im not even religous!

Laughing

Laughing

stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure of the truth of it, but from what I heard Whiz wasn't impressed with the idea that Stafford was going to be sitting in on the interviews.

And to be honest, I agree with him wholeheartedly. The interview should be with the potential candidate, GM, owner and maybe one of two select others (no players).
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: