Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions hiring Jim Caldwell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 43s
Ravens plan to hire former Texans HC Gary Kubiak as their offensive coordinator and former Texans OC Rick Dennison as their QB coach.

Okay. That clears up the Dennison conundrum. I'm not sure he's a fit as a quarterbacks coach but who knows.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Would have preferred Shanahan in that role but he was probably on a pretty high salary as OC for Dan Snyder so it may not quite be worth it to jump back in as a position coach when he can make a lot of money without it (or he wants the Browns OC job).

Speculation on my part, but Kubiak himself comes from a QB coaching background so I feel like Dennison is moreso there as a sounding board for both Flacco and Kubiak, maybe more an 'assistant OC' type than a guy who is sitting there in charge of working on Flacco's mechanics or the really technical stuff - Kubiak himself would be involved in that. But that's just my guess.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna start a new thread - clean break from Caldwell and whatnot. Laughing

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541154

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just said on ESPN Kirby Wilson basically did a 12 hour film session with us on how the Steelers run the ball. Laughing

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Ravens plan to hire former Texans HC Gary Kubiak as their offensive coordinator and former Texans OC Rick Dennison as their QB coach.

Okay. That clears up the Dennison conundrum. I'm not sure he's a fit as a quarterbacks coach but who knows.

I think Dennison is the perfect guy to teach Flacco Kubiaks offense he has been Kubiaks OC for a few years and can be that guy that THOUROUGHLY knows the offense and has Kubiaks trust that can focus on Flacco while Kubiak implements the offense with the TEAM...
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

I think Dennison is the perfect guy to teach Flacco Kubiaks offense he has been Kubiaks OC for a few years and can be that guy that THOUROUGHLY knows the offense and has Kubiaks trust that can focus on Flacco while Kubiak implements the offense with the TEAM...

That's actually the opposite of what it sounds like what will be happening.

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 5h
Harbaugh sees QBs Coach Rick Dennison as somebody who ties other facets of the offense together. He can help spread Kubiak's message.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Harbaugh sees QBs Coach Rick Dennison as somebody who ties other facets of the offense together. He can help spread Kubiak's message.

So Kubiak should call plays from the booth and send them to Dennison on the field.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

So Kubiak should call plays from the booth and send them to Dennison on the field.

I'm just glad to see anything new.... One thing for sure it went be a version of Cam Cams offense... finally...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: