Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions hiring Jim Caldwell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Eh, Houston hasn't really done much in the way of developing young receivers over the years either. Andre Johnson has been good/great from the beginning and Hopkins was talented coming in too. Of course they never really invested a lot in the position either so it's hard to say. If anything it pretty much seems similar to Hostler's tenure as the wide receivers coach in Baltimore. The Jerry Rice thing isn't a factor in my opinion.

Kirksey seemed to be the difference Andre needed to go from a Pro Bowler to an All-Pro. Look at his numbers from his first three years and then the rest of his career.

Johnson had a good rookie year, a really good sophomore year, an underwhelming third year, and then back to a pretty good year in his fourth season. I'd attribute his increase in production to Matt Shaub coming is as the quarterback in 2007 more than Kirksey improving Johnson after he was already one of the best receivers in the league.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Eh, Houston hasn't really done much in the way of developing young receivers over the years either. Andre Johnson has been good/great from the beginning and Hopkins was talented coming in too. Of course they never really invested a lot in the position either so it's hard to say. If anything it pretty much seems similar to Hostler's tenure as the wide receivers coach in Baltimore. The Jerry Rice thing isn't a factor in my opinion.

Kirksey seemed to be the difference Andre needed to go from a Pro Bowler to an All-Pro. Look at his numbers from his first three years and then the rest of his career.

You could almost certainly point to going from David Carr to Schaub as a big difference as well.

PSA: If your 2015 mock has the Ravens taking a RB in round 1, you're doing it wrong.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 21m
Still some details to work out but everything is set for Gary Kubiak to become the next offensive coordinatior of the Ravens.

Seems like it's pretty close to being a done deal.

If we are in fact cleaning house and bringing in Kubiak guys as assistants, in terms of the functionality of the coaching staff that's probably a good thing - it's better to have coaches on the same page than not. The one concern I'd have is that if Kubiak does hit it big with us and ends up a HC candidate again, we would be in line to lose our entire offensive coaching staff if Kubiak takes a HC job elsewhere. But I think that's a good probem to have - I would rather get the offense back on track and worry about those hypotheticals when the time comes. Hell, even if it happens, if Kubiak transforms our offense enough that another team wants him as their HC, it probably means that between a resurgent Flacco and a winning culture/team, the OC job would be a pretty attractive one the next time the job opens up and we'd likely be able to build up a strong staff in the wake of their departures.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man Baltimore's run game is going to be really good, Rice and Pierce are going to light it up, opening the PA fake for Flacco. Great hire!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet Kubiak brings along Eric Winston. He recently tweeted Kubiak is a home run hire. He'd be a nice, affordable, stop gap RT for next year.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official announcement coming at 3 pm.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We are pleased to introduce the new offensive coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens. Brad Childress!"

Thankfully no.

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m
Ravens hiring Gary Kubiak as offensive coordinator; Rick Dennison expected to join staff, unclear if other staff announcements will be made

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 45s
The #Ravens will announce the hire of new OC Gary Kubiak today at 3 pm. Unclear if there will be other staff changes
BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no mention of Shanahan so far... wonder if that means he's NOT involved or whether the reporters simply haven't heard either way yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Shanahan might be who they're referring to with the "unclear if other staff changes will be made" comments.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should give Kubiak, Shanahan, and Dennison the welcome they deserve if they're all three hired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD9lZflXsgU

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exciting stuff. I'm looking for the run game to be back with a vengeance next season.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised Kubiak is only 52. It seems like he's been around forever.
StRawz11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernard Pierce always reminded me of Arian Foster, and with the Zone Blocking Scheme coming in I expect him to take the starting spot sooner rather than later. Love the fit for him

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
It doesn’t sound like Kyle Shanahan will be on the #Ravens staff after all. So, Gary Kubiak as OC, Rick Dennison likely on it, too.

GO RAVENS!!
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 35s
Ravens plan to hire former Texans HC Gary Kubiak as their offensive coordinator and former Texans OC Rick Dennison as their QB coach.

GO RAVENS!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: