Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions hiring Jim Caldwell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m
Former Texans HC Gary Kubiak has emerged as favorite for Ravens OC job. Kubiak and Rick Dennison met Sunday in Baltimore w/ Ravens officials

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Ravens trying to assemble star-studded offensive coaching staff with Gary Kubiak, Rick Dennison, Kyle Shanahan. Will not please Cleveland.

Whoa.

Curveball.

I'd love it.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Kubiak would be a great signing for you guys, if he is hired, what are the chances your WR coach stays?

I think it'd depend on his goals. I think the only real shot he'd have at leaving for greener pastures would be to go to CLE as OC if they wanted him.

I think the odds are that he'd stay.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Quote:
Former Texans HC Gary Kubiak has emerged as favorite for Ravens OC job. Kubiak and Rick Dennison met Sunday in Baltimore w/ Ravens officials

Quote:
Ravens trying to assemble star-studded offensive coaching staff with Gary Kubiak, Rick Dennison, Kyle Shanahan. Will not please Cleveland.

Whoa.

Please get this done! I hope they can still find a way to bring in Chick Harris too.

The good news doesn't stop there either as the Browns are considering LSU OC Cam Cameron for OC and Don Martindale is a DC candidate. Laughing

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Whoa.

Please get this done! I hope they can still find a way to bring in Chick Harris too.

The good news doesn't stop there either as the Browns are considering LSU OC Cam Cameron for OC and Don Martindale is a DC candidate. Laughing

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-sources-gary-kubiak-emerging-as-frontrunner-for-ravens-offensive-coordinator-job-20140127,0,3881621.story

Love it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be nice. I've somewhat warmed up to the idea of Kubiak . He might be a candidate to coach again soon but if Shanahan comes in he would be a good in-house candidate to be promoted. I've still yet to figure out where Dennison would fit. To me running backs coach isn't likely. Castillo might not be too happy with him being brought in either, but I assume both share the same concepts so a clashing of ideals probably wouldn't be a problem.
dcfields

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:

I would be content with one of them. Ecstatic if two of them became a part of the coaching staff. But all three?!? ***HEAD EXPLODES***

Kubiak was at the top of my wish list from Day One. Wow! Schefter's reports are typically reliable. And let's not forget... Schefter used to be the Bronco's beat writer for the Denver Post. I'm sure he's closer to Kubiak and Dennison than most "insiders".

Bringing in Dennison (a former offensive line coach) as an assistant might mean that Moeller could be moving on (and Washington could be moving on or his role on the coaching staff could change).

And Shanahan as the new QB coach?

This is insane!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10358632/gary-kubiak-former-houston-texans-coach-favorite-baltimore-ravens-offensive-coordinator

What the heck! Bring Wade Phillips in (in some defensive capacity) too.
mddeckie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RavensInsider: Deal isn't finalized for Gary Kubiak to become Ravens' offensive coordinator, but sources predict it will get done

Looks like it's gonna be kubiak! I'd be ecstatic if we can get shanny too as QB coach, but I'm happy with just not going with hostler.
We needed a complete offensive change
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2 mins Deal isn't finalized for Gary Kubiak to become Ravens' offensive coordinator, but sources predict it will get done

Preston tweeted out that 'members of the old staff are in trouble' as Kubiak is looking to more or less build his own staff, if it's Dennison and Shanahan being the guys coming on board then I think Castillo may be the odd man out, since Shanahan wouldn't have to usurp anyone to take over the QB coaching role. Just have to wait and see it play out though, Preston's angle is always to sensationalize rather than report facts. Seems like we'll have an answer pretty soon either way.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the offensive staff positions and the coaches who currently fill them (well, as long as they don't make up any new titles like run game coordinator):

Offensive Coordinator - vacant
Quarterbacks - vacant
Running Backs - vacant
Wide Receivers - Jim Hostler
Tight Ends - Wade Harman
Offensive Line - Juan Castillo, Andy Moeller(?) and Todd Washington are assistants
Senior Offensive Assistant - Craig Ver Steeg
Offensive Assistant - Jay Harbaugh

I could see Hostler moving on since he probably doesn't have a chance to get promoted with the Ravens now. They could move on from Harman after so many years and something is definitely happening with the offensive line coaches.

But in the end it is Mike Preston and anything he puts out there is close to being pure trash. Pro Football Talk just tweeted an article stemming from Preston's comments and he's insinuating that this was a Bisciotti move and Habraugh wasn't a part of it. I had a good chuckle.
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Here are the offensive staff positions and the coaches who currently fill them (well, as long as they don't make up any new titles like run game coordinator):

Offensive Coordinator - vacant
Quarterbacks - vacant
Running Backs - vacant
Wide Receivers - Jim Hostler
Tight Ends - Wade Harman
Offensive Line - Juan Castillo, Andy Moeller(?) and Todd Washington are assistants

I could see Hostler moving on since he probably doesn't have a chance to get promoted with the Ravens now. They could move on from Harman after so many years and something is definitely happening with the offensive line coaches.

But in the end it is Mike Preston and anything he puts out there is close to being pure trash. Pro Football Talk just tweeted an article stemming from Preston's comments and he's insinuating that this was a Bisciotti move and Habraugh wasn't a part of it. I had a good chuckle.

He's always had an axe to grind, so like it seems you are insinuating here, anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt on that front. I still laugh how he goes on about how Joe sucks, the Oline sucks, the defense isn't great, running game sucks, but Harbs should have done more with all the talent he has to work with.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to be fairly blunt with my dislike of Preston. Laughing

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 21m
Offensively, the Ravens should have a heavy Texans flavor in terms of scheme and assistants

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 20m
With Jim Hostler, it's a tough pill to swallow, getting so close to getting the job, only for Gary Kubiak to come in at end of process

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 19m
Anticipating more change to offensive staff with Gary Kubiak's arrival. Lot of moving parts

Okay, now I'll believe that there might be big changes coming for the whole offensive staff. I like it. It sounds like Kubaik becoming the offensive coordinator is a done deal. Wilson doesn't usually go all-in like this for rumors or speculation.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

Offensive Coordinator - Gary Kubiak
Assistant Offensive Coordinator - Rick Dennison
Quarterbacks - Kyle Shanahan
Running Backs - Chick Harris
Wide Receivers - Larry Kirksey
Tight Ends - Wade Harman
Offensive Line - Juan Castillo

That's how I'd like to see the staff end up looking. Kirksey, wide receivers coach for the Houston Texans from 2007-2013, coached Jerry Rice on the 49ers from 94-99... so the prospect of drafting Jordan Matthews would get even better.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012

Last edited by BareYourTeeth on Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, Houston hasn't really done much in the way of developing young receivers over the years either. Andre Johnson has been good/great from the beginning and Hopkins was talented coming in too. Of course they never really invested a lot in the position either so it's hard to say. If anything it pretty much seems similar to Hostler's tenure as the wide receivers coach in Baltimore. The Jerry Rice thing isn't a factor in my opinion.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... I was purposely trying to avoid coming on here until noon to see if Hostler or Shanahan had been decided upon for the OC position yet... and... and...

So Kubiak, most people's #1 or #2 guy from the start (Norv being the other guy), finally comes into the picture and takes the OC position.

What's more, his QBs coach.. Kyle Shanahan, is the guy who was most people's #3 or #4 OC option (Linnehan being the other one). Throw in Dennison to the equation and yeah...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Eh, Houston hasn't really done much in the way of developing young receivers over the years either. Andre Johnson has been good/great from the beginning and Hopkins was talented coming in too. Of course they never really invested a lot in the position either so it's hard to say. If anything it pretty much seems similar to Hostler's tenure as the wide receivers coach in Baltimore. The Jerry Rice thing isn't a factor in my opinion.

Kirksey seemed to be the difference Andre needed to go from a Pro Bowler to an All-Pro. Look at his numbers from his first three years and then the rest of his career.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: