Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

R&Ps Mock Offseason 1.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: R&Ps Mock Offseason 1.0 Reply with quote

Coaching staff is filled out. I think we hire Vital, the new GM of the Tampa bay Buccaneers.

Brand New Bucs Offseason:

FA: Current Free Agents Key Resignings:
- OLB Dekota Watson : 4 years $9.5 mil
- FB Eric Lorig: 2 years 1.75 MM
- G Jamon Meredith: 3 years 6.5 MM

Depth Re-Signings/RFAs:
- WR Eric Page RFA
- LB Jonathon Casillas 1 year
- LB Adam Hayward : 1 year
- RB Bobby Rainy : RFA Tender
- WR Tiquan Underwood 1 year
- LS Andrew Economos: 1 year

Cap Casulties: Current Cap Savings: 10 MM under
- P Michael Koenen: save 3.25 Mil
- G Davin Joseph: Save 6 MM
- G CARL NICKS : 2.5 MM (2014)

Other releases:
-DE Dequan Bowers: $900K Savings
- DT Derek Landri: $1.5 MM Savings
- TE Luke Stocker: 660K Savings
- RB Jeff Demps: $500 K Savings
- RT Gabe Carimi: 1.3 MM Savings

Cut Savings: 18.11 MM

Questionable:
- G Carl Nicks: According to the financial report, Carl Nicks release would only save us 2.5 mil this year. Could be an injury settlement and restructure.

Restructures:
- Goldson: Originally owed 22mm guranteed over 5 years. The first 3 years would gurantee him 8, 8 , and 6.5 Guranteed. We have 7 MM left over from 2013. Carry into Bonus money and we only survive 1 more year of Goldson before we can release him.
- Restructure Penn's salary of 7 to 3.5, shedding half towards the cap.

Cap after resignings/cuts/restructures: Estimated of 23-24 MM in cap space for 2014.

FREE AGENCY:

1. Michael Johnson : 5 years $30 mil. 12.5 Guranteeed.
- I dont see Johnson getting a big pay day after a 3.5 sack season. I do see him getting a Michael Bennett type deal possibly, maybe a 2-3 years PROVE IT type deal at 5-7 mil. Johnson is from the florida area so this could be a home coming. 6 mil per year sounds about right.

2. Zach Bowman CB: 3 years $9 million
- Bucs could use a Nickel CB and everyone assumes it'll be Tillman. Tillman has been knicked up with injuries the past 2 years, so unless he comes cheap, I don't see it happening. Bowman is perfect inside to replace Johnson.

3. Zane Beadles G: 5 years $25 million
- Beadles is a solid G on the market that can fill on the right side. Good move that doesn't cost a ton.

4. Roger Saffold G/T: 2 years $ 7million
- at 3.5 mil a year, Saffold gives us versatility at T and G. Rams are cap tight. Saffold would be a solid addition and could start at one of the Guards.

5. Corey Wooten DT : 2 years 5 mil
- Could use a guy to come in and spell McCoy. Did a great job rotating at DT the past 2 years.

NFL DRAFT:

1st Round: Sammy Lee Watkins WR Clemson
[img]
http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/files/2012/07/sammy-watkins.jpg[/img]

- I really want Teddy and love a franchise QB. But I don't think the teams ahead will bite as they need a QB and St. Louis will want too much, in terms I wouldn't give for a Manziel, as Teddy goes to Houston. Watkins is a faster and more explosive version of Dez Bryant in my opinion and think he just will immediately fill in the slot for us.

2nd round: QB Brett Smith WYOMING

- This is an under the radar move as Smith is the most underrated QB in this draft. Excellent eyes, looks off defenders, strong arm, good pocket presence and accuracy. His eye movement reminiscence of Drew Brees. This guy will give Glennon quality competition and possible steal. Love his athleticism and playmaking ability. Great pick.

4th Round: Bryan Stork C Florida State
- I think it's time to move Zuttah back to Guard and compete. Stork can step in and start from day one.

5th Round:Rob Blanchflower TE UMASS
- Big physical TE that can get open and make plays. Red Zone threat to team up with Wright.

6th Round: Justin Britt T Missouri:
- Bucs could use a rotating T and developmental guy after Penn leaves.

7th Round:OLB Steele Devito Boston College
- Continue to add depth. Devito can contribute on Special teams and provide back up role on all 3 LB positions if needed

7th Round: Beau Allen DT Wisconsin
- Run stopper and depth to the dline.

UDFA opportunity: P Cody Webster Purdue
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Everyting But the Draft
only like Round 1

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 43 Catches 561 Yards 2 TDs
#FireLovie
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
only like Round 1

I'm interested in what you don't like about the draft. LOL you always state what you dislike but never a legit detailed analysis.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
only like Round 1

I'm interested in what you don't like about the draft. LOL you always state what you dislike but never a legit detailed analysis.

Hate The Brent Smith Pick not Worth a 2nd
Stork is a Ok Pick i think Tyler Larsen might be there
Waiting till the 5th to draft a TE is a Risk Pitta/Dickson Might Be available in FA
We Don't have a 6th
No Need for a OLB for depth when you resigned Watson Hayward and Casillas
Same as OLB, DT has no need for depth when you have GMC Spence Gibson and you signed a DT

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 43 Catches 561 Yards 2 TDs
#FireLovie
ChaoticBuc3125

Location: From Boston, MA ... Hate Pats and rest of NFCS GO Bucs!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs down IMO.

only things I like resigning LB trio, Lorig, and drafting Watkins. I personally can't see Glennon and Smith battle out it, want so much more.. IMO in your offseason the OL got worse.

Congrads to 55 on HOF! To Revis FU! & MG#8 & his mob must go!
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
only like Round 1

Hate The Brent Smith Pick not Worth a 2nd
Stork is a Ok Pick i think Tyler Larsen might be there
Waiting till the 5th to draft a TE is a Risk Pitta/Dickson Might Be available in FA
We Don't have a 6th
No Need for a OLB for depth when you resigned Watson Hayward and Casillas
Same as OLB, DT has no need for depth when you have GMC Spence Gibson and you signed a DT

THOUGHT the 6th comes back to us because we cut Carimi, same issue as trading K2 to Seattle and they cut him. Thanks for that heads up.

- Smith is exciting to watch.
- Gibson isn't on the roster. FA and could use depth at NT behind Spence. Wooten is rotating at UT and passing downs to rush the passer.
- Devito is a 7th round pick that can come in and compete for a back up spot at all 3 LB positions.
- Never bad to have enough depth in the front 7 Very Happy

- And with Watkins, we have a 3 headed monster at WR. Wright is a very good TE. Don't see it being a huge priority.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's definitely different but I kinda like it. I'm really liking Watkins for our first pick.

I dunno about all that movement on the O-line, I don't think its really necessary but whatever
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
it's definitely different but I kinda like it. I'm really liking Watkins for our first pick.

I dunno about all that movement on the O-line, I don't think its really necessary but whatever

When Andy Reid came to KC, he overhauled the roster of 30 new players from the year before.

I look at our oline: Joseph and Nicks are overpaid and injury ridden. Could definately see that.

Saffold, Beadles and Stork come in and add depth/starters. Saffold was solid. Beadles is top 15 G. Stork as a very good prospect.

Many act like our line needs to be AP All pro every where.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very meh about most of this.

The cuts are alright, I still would see what's going to happen with nicks before just straight cutting him. 2.5 million this year hardly hurts us.

Goldson would never do that. He's a year into his contract. There's no way he would restructure it. He came here for money.

Cutting Bowers and Carimi make zero sense either with new regime. Let's see how offseason and preseason pan out first.

I'm not a huge fan of smith in the second. I've watched a bit of him from MWC football. I just wouldn't go that high for him. Id trade down

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Very meh about most of this.

The cuts are alright, I still would see what's going to happen with nicks before just straight cutting him. 2.5 million this year hardly hurts us.

Goldson would never do that. He's a year into his contract. There's no way he would restructure it. He came here for money.

Cutting Bowers and Carimi make zero sense either with new regime. Let's see how offseason and preseason pan out first.

I'm not a huge fan of smith in the second. I've watched a bit of him from MWC football. I just wouldn't go that high for him. Id trade down

Read carefully on goldson. We restructure his deal to that the 7 mm carried over from 2013 we apply that to guaranteed cash , making him a rich man at a whopping 15 mm guaranteed against the 2013 cap. Meaning we can pay him this year then get out of it next year instead of after 2015.

Also nicks would count 9.5 mil against the cap if we keep him. Still owed 7 mm guaranteed.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
only like Round 1

Same
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
tscott20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most of it is realistic.

I do not think we get rid of Joseph, Lovie gushed about him and Nicks in his presser just because. Now Nicks is a different story… because no one knows if he can play or not. But I think Lovie is open to having them both back if healthy. Now I think maybe our GM when named could convince Joseph to restructure, but I would be surprised if Joseph was gone - I think he'll get a shot next season. Just don't see Lovie wanting to refill three interior spots in one offseason. I don't see us restructuring Penn, and definitely not Goldson. Goldson didn't have his ideal year by any means but it was just the first year of his contract, to early for that talk. Plus I bet Lovie thinks highly of him and has big plans for him in his defense.

Do not see the point of cutting Bowers unless we grab a couple of qualityDEs this offseason… which could happen. But if we only grab Johnson, who isn't 'Mr. Consistency' himself, I think Lovie will want to work with a talent like Bowers. I know Bowers hasn't done anything, but I'd like to see him atleast get real coaching…. and he has that now.

Love the Watkins pick, need depth and a third WR…. he's the real deal. Watkins would bring the speed our offense lacks

Besides that not crazy about the draft. Like Stork. Not sold on Smith, but I need to see more of him.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the oline should get an overhaul as well. I would let Joseph go and potentially Penn as well. It depends though I guess what everyone thinks are our biggest holes. Is overpaying our under producing line one more year worth upgrading other positions?

I see no reason to let Bowers walk especially if the saving is "only" $900,000.

The fa period is solid overall. Johnson isn't my first choice but would help. Add a corner to finish our secondary and add some help on the oline.

Our first round pick is a no brainer if he is still on the board, not sure he will be though.

I think our second round pick is a wasted one. We could of added a Brandin Cooks, Gabe Jackson, Aaron Donald, Kyle Van Noy or traded up for a te.

If you want to add competition to the qb position that is fine but if we aren't going after one in the first round I would rather wait until the 4th or trade up into the 3rd to add a guy that probably won't play. The four guys I brought up would be impact players from day one.

Mike Evans 46 - 794 - 7
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the odds are pretty good that Watkins will be there, but I think it depends mainly on if the "big" QBs are all gone by #7.
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we definitely do need to make changes to the offensive line. Do I see it that happening that way? Maybe not Lovie brought up the likes of Joseph/Nicks in his own PC so I can't imagine he drops both of them. Nevertheless, I think its still a solid off-season. The Chiefs brought in 30 new players and the Eagles brought in 21. You better believe that Lovie will overhaul this team with winners and guys that are very coachable.

I like the FA acquisitions, not my favorite but they fill in needs. I'm a fan of Watkins there at #7. Smith I don't know much about but I hope if we do take him we trade down into the latter second b/c that early you'll still have late-first round talents.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: