Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

East West Shrine game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
NickButera wrote:
smokey1212 wrote:
That dude Garapolo has a ridiculously fast release.

I read somewhere that one scout (not sure how reputable) said it's the best release he's seen in 5 years. Arm strength may be an issue, but yea, guy can get the ball out fast.

From what I've seen, he looks like he can make every throw in the NFL. Velocity could be better on some throws, but he's got nice touch on his throws.

Bucky Brooks on Garoppolo during practice...

Quote:
Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garappolo has made a strong case for his candidacy as a late-round prospect. He has shown better than anticipated arm strength on intermediate and deep throws, while also exhibiting adequate accuracy and ball placement.

In addition, Garappolo has impressed scouts with his quick delivery and release, and shown sound judgment getting the ball to open receivers on the perimeter after working through his progressions. Scouts wondered if he could execute intricate reads at the next level after thriving in a "pick and stick" spread system at Eastern Illinois, but he has been on point with his execution throughout the week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000314343/article/jimmy-garappolo-helping-nfl-draft-stock-in-shrine-game-drills

He didn't throw anything deep how can you say he can make all the NFL throws?

3rd round pick at best.

3rd round pick at worst. He is already better than Carr, Fales and Mettenberger. Personally I would rather have him than Manziel or Bortles. Its going to take a lot less for him to be NFL ready than most of these guys in the draft.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
NickButera wrote:
smokey1212 wrote:

I read somewhere that one scout (not sure how reputable) said it's the best release he's seen in 5 years. Arm strength may be an issue, but yea, guy can get the ball out fast.

From what I've seen, he looks like he can make every throw in the NFL. Velocity could be better on some throws, but he's got nice touch on his throws.

Quote:
Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garappolo has made a strong case for his candidacy as a late-round prospect. He has shown better than anticipated arm strength on intermediate and deep throws, while also exhibiting adequate accuracy and ball placement.

In addition, Garappolo has impressed scouts with his quick delivery and release, and shown sound judgment getting the ball to open receivers on the perimeter after working through his progressions. Scouts wondered if he could execute intricate reads at the next level after thriving in a "pick and stick" spread system at Eastern Illinois, but he has been on point with his execution throughout the week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000314343/article/jimmy-garappolo-helping-nfl-draft-stock-in-shrine-game-drills

3rd round pick at best.

3rd round pick at worst. He is already better than Carr, Fales and Mettenberger. Personally I would rather have him than Manziel or Bortles. Its going to take a lot less for him to be NFL ready than most of these guys in the draft.

He has been rising up on my list for a while now, and last night was a big plus for him. As long as he doesn't look awful in the Senior Bowl, then I would comfortably take him in the 2nd and be thrilled about it. BPA in the 1st (Clowney, Matthews, even Watkins), JG in the 2nd.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
NickButera wrote:
smokey1212 wrote:

Quote:

3rd round pick at best.

I meant overall, not just the Shrine game.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
NickButera wrote:
smokey1212 wrote:

Quote:

3rd round pick at best.

Right now hes rated as a 4th round pick, so might jump to the 3rd round.

You're wrong he doesn't compare to Manziel, Bortles, Carr, Fales or Mettenberger.

The only reason Mettenberger dropped out of the 1st round to the 3rd is because he tore his ACL otherwise he would be a 1st rounder teams don't know how long it'll take him to fully recover.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
NickButera wrote:
smokey1212 wrote:

Quote:

3rd round pick at best.

The knock on Garoppolo is arm strength I haven't seen anything to prove that theory wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
NickButera wrote:
smokey1212 wrote:

Quote:

3rd round pick at best.

You're wrong he doesn't compare to Manziel, Bortles, Carr, Fales or Mettenberger.

The only reason Mettenberger dropped out of the 1st round to the 3rd is because he tore his ACL otherwise he would be a 1st rounder teams don't know how long it'll take him to fully recover.

And you know this how?

Jimmy G has been rated as 3rd round pick as well prior to the Shrine game so there's definitely a shot for him to move up draft boards and be a 2nd rounder. QBs who have good showings in all-star games and in workouts shoot up boards big time.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
NickButera wrote:
smokey1212 wrote:

Quote:

3rd round pick at best.

Jimmy over Manziel and Bottles where my personal opinion and preference. Carr throws better deep but jimmy does everything else better. Jimmy is better than Fales at everything. Also all three of those guys played SDSU and Jimmy played the best. As for Mettenberger he only has one year of improvement but outside of possibly better deep ball I still see Jimmy as better prospect. BTW only saying jimmy because I don't want to type his last name 20 times.

I think people really underestimate good feet and quick release. More than half of rookie qbs can't ever learn to do this.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
NickButera wrote:
smokey1212 wrote:

Quote:

3rd round pick at best.

The knock on Garoppolo is arm strength I haven't seen anything to prove that theory wrong.
Except for scouts who are actually there reporting he has shown better than anticipated arm strength. Shocked

OUR FUTURE PREMIERE LT!!
Mad props to Silver&Black88 on the sig.
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
And you know this how?

Jimmy G has been rated as 3rd round pick as well prior to the Shrine game so there's definitely a shot for him to move up draft boards and be a 2nd rounder. QBs who have good showings in all-star games and in workouts shoot up boards big time.

Hes been a 3rd-4th round pick, and I doubt he jumps up from the Shrine game.

Senoir bowl maybe.

TiberiusRising wrote:
Jimmy over Manziel and Bottles where my personal opinion and preference. Carr throws better deep but jimmy does everything else better. Jimmy is better than Fales at everything. Also all three of those guys played SDSU and Jimmy played the best. As for Mettenberger he only has one year of improvement but outside of possibly better deep ball I still see Jimmy as better prospect. BTW only saying jimmy because I don't want to type his last name 20 times.

I think people really underestimate good feet and quick release. More than half of rookie qbs can't ever learn to do this.

How can you base your theory just from playing SDSU?

Blake Bortles is better then them all Wink

raidr4life wrote:
Except for scouts who are actually there reporting he has shown better than anticipated arm strength. Shocked

Seeing you quoted what Bucky Brooks said when did he become a scout?

The actual real scouts say he has an average arm, I'm saying I haven't seen anything to debunk that theory.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came away kinda impressed with Jimmy. A developmental QB who won't take that long, which should be there in the 2nd or 3rd. If Clowney is not there at #5, I'd feel pretty good if we took Watkins (if available) and then got Jimmy in the 2nd.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Bone_Collector wrote:
And you know this how?

Senoir bowl maybe.

TiberiusRising wrote:

raidr4life wrote:

The actual real scouts say he has an average arm, I'm saying I haven't seen anything to debunk that theory.

Not based on one game. Based on how he plays position. I listed that game for those who will give the level of competition speel.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Bone_Collector wrote:
And you know this how?

Senoir bowl maybe.

TiberiusRising wrote:

raidr4life wrote:

Not based on one game. Based on how he plays position. I listed that game for those who will give the level of competition speel.
Scouts, analyst, whatever, people there in person watching him are saying he has shown good arm strength and velocity, I'm saying who cares what you seen.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000314787/article/jimmy-garoppolo-lives-up-to-hype-in-eastwest-shrine-game

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2014/01/18/east-west-shrine-game-jimmy-garoppolo/4640837/

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24411882/prospect-profile-eastern-illinois-qb-jimmy-garoppolo

OUR FUTURE PREMIERE LT!!
Mad props to Silver&Black88 on the sig.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he was slated as 3rd last week on CBS now he moves up to second round. They currently have Bridge, Bortles, Manziel, and Carr listed in front of him in that order.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willis666 wrote:
I came away kinda impressed with Jimmy. A developmental QB who won't take that long, which should be there in the 2nd or 3rd. If Clowney is not there at #5, I'd feel pretty good if we took Watkins (if available) and then got Jimmy in the 2nd.

I'm on a boat like this except I'm scared of Watkins that early. Gets too dinged up at the college level for my liking. If we were to trade into the teens to snag him or Evans then Jimmy second, I'm OK w/ that.

PM sig requests.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Willis666 wrote:

I'm on a boat like this except I'm scared of Watkins that early. Gets too dinged up at the college level for my liking. If we were to trade into the teens to snag him or Evans then Jimmy second, I'm OK w/ that.

Ya really hoping we can trade down if Clowney/Bridge are gone. We can get a lot of nice pieces in 1st/2nd with three or more picks. But if not as it stands I would have to rate Watkins as BPA but that could change.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: