Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

East West Shrine game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 19745
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webster abused his college teammate. Shocked
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
smokey1212


Joined: 15 Mar 2006
Posts: 504
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That dude Garapolo has a ridiculously fast release.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 10990
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garoppolo looked pretty Damn good. He could become a serious riser on boards
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickButera


Moderator
Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 5973
Location: Nevada
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokey1212 wrote:
That dude Garapolo has a ridiculously fast release.


I read somewhere that one scout (not sure how reputable) said it's the best release he's seen in 5 years. Arm strength may be an issue, but yea, guy can get the ball out fast.
_________________
Bah-Weep-Granah-Weep-Nini-Bong

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 19745
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
smokey1212 wrote:
That dude Garapolo has a ridiculously fast release.


I read somewhere that one scout (not sure how reputable) said it's the best release he's seen in 5 years. Arm strength may be an issue, but yea, guy can get the ball out fast.


From what I've seen, he looks like he can make every throw in the NFL. Velocity could be better on some throws, but he's got nice touch on his throws.

Bucky Brooks on Garoppolo during practice...

Quote:
Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garappolo has made a strong case for his candidacy as a late-round prospect. He has shown better than anticipated arm strength on intermediate and deep throws, while also exhibiting adequate accuracy and ball placement.

In addition, Garappolo has impressed scouts with his quick delivery and release, and shown sound judgment getting the ball to open receivers on the perimeter after working through his progressions. Scouts wondered if he could execute intricate reads at the next level after thriving in a "pick and stick" spread system at Eastern Illinois, but he has been on point with his execution throughout the week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000314343/article/jimmy-garappolo-helping-nfl-draft-stock-in-shrine-game-drills
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
smokey1212


Joined: 15 Mar 2006
Posts: 504
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Garoppolo looked pretty Damn good. He could become a serious riser on boards


Did your guy ever get back to you on his take on Garoppolo?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 7779
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly. I like him as 2nd best QB in this draft to Bridgewater. And the edge only goes to bridge because of competition. Been beating drum for him for a while. If three Qbs go top 4 along with clowney I would trade down or target him in 2nd now. Don't think he makes it to third anymore now that he is going to senior bowl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 19745
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Honestly. I like him as 2nd best QB in this draft to Bridgewater. And the edge only goes to bridge because of competition. Been beating drum for him for a while. If three Qbs go top 4 along with clowney I would trade down or target him in 2nd now. Don't think he makes it to third anymore now that he is going to senior bowl.


We'll have to see how he looks there first. The other QBs in this game aren't exactly day 1 or 2 guys either. Definitely left a good impression today.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 19745
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Nice punt returns by Allen today.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 7779
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
2 Nice punt returns by Allen today.


Agreed. Going to have replace Webster with Westerman on my mock. Went and watched some games on him at halftime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 10990
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokey1212 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Garoppolo looked pretty Damn good. He could become a serious riser on boards


Did your guy ever get back to you on his take on Garoppolo?


Not yet. He hasn't posted much in our group lately. I'll post it once he does, if ever.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe Nobody


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 454
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Jeremiah says he likes JG as a probable 2nd round pick. Damn intriguing guy.

Imagine combining that quick release with Watkins' quick burst.

Shocked

Oowee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe Nobody


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 454
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy Garoppolo was biggest winner at East-West Shrine Game

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...lo-was-biggest-winner-at-eastwest-shrine-game

Here are five winners from Saturday's East-West Shrine Game:

1. Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois
Garoppolo stood out as the best player during the week of practice and he put together a strong performance during the game on Saturday. He showed very quick feet in his setup, a lightning-quick release and accuracy to all three levels. I was very impressed with the command and poise he displayed in the pocket. He has built up a lot of momentum heading into the Reese's Senior Bowl (Jan. 25 on NFL Network).

2. Chandler Jones, WR, San Jose State
Jones is an undersized receiver who had a big week both outside and in the slot. He consistently made plays every day in practice and that carried over to the game, in which he caught seven balls for 73 yards. He doesn't have "wow" speed, but he's very quick off the line and he doesn't waste any steps getting in or out of his breaks. He has a very good feel for settling in zones and working back to the quarterback.

3. Dakota Dozier, G, Furman
Dozier played left tackle at Furman, but he did a very nice job as a guard this week and that is where he best projects at the next level. He has quick feet, excellent balance and strong hands. In the run game, he was able to generate movement at the point of attack. In the passing game he was an easy mover and didn't have much trouble anchoring down against power rushers or redirecting versus quicker opponents. I wouldn't be surprised if he landed somewhere in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft.

4. Alden Darby, S, Arizona State
Darby had a big game on Saturday night. The rangy Sun Devils safety flew around the field and picked off two passes. He needs to add some more bulk, but I was impressed by his combination of instincts and ball skills. I haven't evaluated him on tape, but I've talked to a couple different teams that view him as a fifth-round value.

5. Will Clarke, DE, West Virginia
Clarke had a solid week of practice, but he took his game to a new level Saturday. He has outstanding size and he created consistent pressure as a pass rusher. He uses his length and power to work through the outside shoulder of opposing tackles and he showed a nice closing burst to finish. He has plenty of strength to hold the point of attack in the run game, but he also displayed the quickness to penetrate and disrupt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
NickButera wrote:
smokey1212 wrote:
That dude Garapolo has a ridiculously fast release.


I read somewhere that one scout (not sure how reputable) said it's the best release he's seen in 5 years. Arm strength may be an issue, but yea, guy can get the ball out fast.


From what I've seen, he looks like he can make every throw in the NFL. Velocity could be better on some throws, but he's got nice touch on his throws.

Bucky Brooks on Garoppolo during practice...

Quote:
Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garappolo has made a strong case for his candidacy as a late-round prospect. He has shown better than anticipated arm strength on intermediate and deep throws, while also exhibiting adequate accuracy and ball placement.

In addition, Garappolo has impressed scouts with his quick delivery and release, and shown sound judgment getting the ball to open receivers on the perimeter after working through his progressions. Scouts wondered if he could execute intricate reads at the next level after thriving in a "pick and stick" spread system at Eastern Illinois, but he has been on point with his execution throughout the week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000314343/article/jimmy-garappolo-helping-nfl-draft-stock-in-shrine-game-drills


He didn't throw anything deep how can you say he can make all the NFL throws?

3rd round pick at best.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5219
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Nobody wrote:
Daniel Jeremiah says he likes JG as a probable 2nd round pick. Damn intriguing guy.

Imagine combining that quick release with Watkins' quick burst.

Shocked

Oowee.


Welcome back!

How's Jamie Collin's "slow motor" working out for ya?
_________________
2013 Mancrush: DT Richardson, OT Joeckel, FS Vaccaro, FS Rambo, WR Dobson, RB Michael, TE McDonald, OT Foketi, WR Swope
Raidin wrote:
My love for Rod is growing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group