Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans hire Ken Whisenhunt as new head coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had inexperienced guys running offense/defense I'd be worried, but with Whisenhunt/Horton over seeing everything, I'm not gonna worry over it. It's like once Gregg Williams came in, I didn't really care who our position coaches on D were, to be honest. Knew he'd do whatever it took to get the job done..Horton is that same kind of guy.

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.

Last edited by TitanLegend on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
@glennonsports: #Titans have agreed to terms with a new OL coach, Bob Bostad, and a new DL coach, Giff Smith.

That didnt take long. Fills the staff. Blah hires IMO.

Truthfully can you tell me the best o-line coach (besides Munch) that were available. Same with the defensive line?

I can't. Lol. All I can think of is Munch and Washburn.

If he coached the Wisconsin lines then that's good to me. They always have a dominating line.

I did say Bostad coached at Wisconsin which was impressive. The other guy is just blah to me. Coached Derrick Morgan at GT and was in Buffalo for a season but other than that, he's not impressive.

I give him the benefit of the doubt Smith is credited with the development of Kyle Williams and likely helped Morgan. And he was with the Bills for 3 seasons and they have a pretty solid defensive line.

Props to Kempes ^
VY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
@glennonsports: #Titans have agreed to terms with a new OL coach, Bob Bostad, and a new DL coach, Giff Smith.

Truthfully can you tell me the best o-line coach (besides Munch) that were available. Same with the defensive line?

If he coached the Wisconsin lines then that's good to me. They always have a dominating line.

I did say Bostad coached at Wisconsin which was impressive. The other guy is just blah to me. Coached Derrick Morgan at GT and was in Buffalo for a season but other than that, he's not impressive.

Well he must have impressed those that he needed to, those with experience in these kind of matters so I'm hopeful they've made a solid decision. In all honesty all of this is a coinflip until they start playing games.
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Badgers fan, I have nothing but good things to say about Bob Bostad. Consistently put together top-tier units and offensive line play took a decent step back when he left. Real happy with that hire.

Don't know much about Smith.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both hires. Buffalo's line was 2nd in the league last year in sacks. The Badgers and Tampa's o-line have been good.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 50 TKLS, 2 SACKS, 2 INTS, 2 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 9 TKLS, 0 SACKS
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. All the hires are in place and coaching staff is complete. Now it is time to evaluate the current roster and get ready for Senior Bowl, combine, free agency & the draft.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Well he must have impressed those that he needed to, those with experience in these kind of matters so I'm hopeful they've made a solid decision. In all honesty all of this is a coinflip until they start playing games.

Yeah and back to my oringal point. Do we know truthfully who is the best D-Line coach in the league?
We know of some good D-lines like the Rams and what not, but is it because of their coach or because they loaded it with 1st round picks?

I don't think most could name most d-line coaches around the league or offensive line coaches not named Munchak or Grimm.
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
VY wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Yeah and back to my oringal point. Do we know truthfully who is the best D-Line coach in the league?
We know of some good D-lines like the Rams and what not, but is it because of their coach or because they loaded it with 1st round picks?

I don't think most could name most d-line coaches around the league or offensive line coaches not named Munchak or Grimm.

To add to your point. I think it is more about the talent level in the front 7 or OL and how that talent is used by the DC or OC, not who the OL or DL coach is. Now the OL & DL coach do spend more time with their respective position developing their skills, but the player having great to elite talent walking in the door really helps and how the OC & DC put those players in the best position to help the team succeed.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its impossible to say who are the best positional coaches. We as fans, just don't have that kind of information readily available. I think, in a layman's sort of way, you have to look at the develpment of players. At the same time, you can't fault a positional coach if the front offices loads up his unit with high picks and high priced FAs.

For instance, we all believe Munch to be a great OL coach. We can back that up, by looking at the players he's helped develop. He was able to develop some late round draft picks while consistently churning out top OLs. Guys like Runyan, Piller, Olson. Hartwig, Bell, Amano, Roos, Stewart, etc all exceeded their draft value, most of those guys being late round draft picks.

With that in mind, I'd think someone like the DB coach in Seattle the past few years would be considered among the best. Look at what he/they've done with Sherman, Thurmond, Maxwell, and Chancellor... all 4th round picks and later.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
Its impossible to say who are the best positional coaches. We as fans, just don't have that kind of information readily available. I think, in a layman's sort of way, you have to look at the develpment of players. At the same time, you can't fault a positional coach if the front offices loads up his unit with high picks and high priced FAs.

For instance, we all believe Munch to be a great OL coach. We can back that up, by looking at the players he's helped develop. He was able to develop some late round draft picks while consistently churning out top OLs. Guys like Runyan, Piller, Olson. Hartwig, Bell, Amano, Roos, Stewart, etc all exceeded their draft value, most of those guys being late round draft picks.

With that in mind, I'd think someone like the DB coach in Seattle the past few years would be considered among the best. Look at what he/they've done with Sherman, Thurmond, Maxwell, and Chancellor... all 4th round picks and later.

Great points.
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
New Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt compared Delaine Walker to Antonio Gates. Walker is going to have a chance to be a major part of the scheme. Whisenhunt and offensive coordinator Jason Michael are both former tight ends coaches who have hinted at using a lot of "12" personnel. Walker's career-best 60/571/6 line from last year will be within reach again. "Working with Antonio Gates got me excited about the position, and I think there's a lot of elements to what Delanie does that are similar in that capacity," Whiz said.

Per RW.

titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
‏@glennonsports 4m
#Titans have hired former Browns offensive line coach Mike Sullivan as an assistant offensive line coach.

@glennonsports 3m
Sullivan served as San Diego's O-Line coach for four years before taking that position in Cleveland last year. #Titans

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports 2m
#Titans CEO Tommy Smith said it took 7 minutes to negotiate Ken Whisenhunt's five-year deal with agent. "We made a very good offer," he said
I guess that's one way to close a deal. Laughing

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports 12m
#Titans CEO Tommy Smith on Jake Locker: "He's the quarterback." Said he's "absolutely" in support of Locker.

Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranking top 65 QBs in NFL. Locker fell at 21 and the journalist seemed to have high praise for him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1949452-br-nfl-1000-top-65-quarterbacks/page/46?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29

Jump to: