Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans hire Ken Whisenhunt as new head coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
We're nailing down a ton of good coaches this year. Pretty amazing offseason so far.

Agreed, but we are still missing two very important position coaches and offensive and defensive line and I have not heard any possible names so that will still be something Whiz needs to take care of asap.

Agreed. It's arguably the most important parts of the staff and the way our O-Line has underperformed the past couple of years, it needs to be a significant hire IMO. Bring back MUNCH Laughing

Yea I dont even know who is out there to go out and hire it seems like the majority of the teams have filled that vacancy.

Maybe they're trying to take another College Team's Defensive Coordinator??

Laughing

Should've went after Chris Rumph.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
We're nailing down a ton of good coaches this year. Pretty amazing offseason so far.

Agreed, but we are still missing two very important position coaches and offensive and defensive line and I have not heard any possible names so that will still be something Whiz needs to take care of asap.

Agreed. It's arguably the most important parts of the staff and the way our O-Line has underperformed the past couple of years, it needs to be a significant hire IMO. Bring back MUNCH Laughing

Yea I dont even know who is out there to go out and hire it seems like the majority of the teams have filled that vacancy.

Laughing

That would've been cool as well
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know hindsight is 20/20, but when you look at how things are shaping up with our new staff, we got twice as fortunate to land Ken Whizenhunt. As if joining our organization wasn't good enough, it's even better that he didn't join the Texans (our division rival, I might add). He was one of their frontrunners in the coaching hunt before they signed Bill O'Brien. We're all doing the "happy" dance because of all the moves being made with our staff, but just imagine if all this was going on in the Texans camp. Pretty freaking scary thought. That makes us very fortunate in two ways. It's happening for us, and not for them.

Because of this, I feel that we need to give credit where it's truly due. Yes, Ruston had a hand in it and I applaud him for what he's done. But Ruston couldn't have pulled it off if not for certain events that took place a couple of weeks prior to the signing. We owe all of this to one man...Kansas City Chiefs PK, Ryan Succop. That's right! Had he made that field goal and won the game, it wouldn't have went into overtime, and the Chargers' season would've been over right there. But because the Chargers made the playoffs, that delayed Whizenhunt's opportunity to immediately sign on with anybody as HC, pretty much forcing the Texans move sooner and snatch O'Brien rather than wait around. Thank you Ryan Succop! Your missed FG paved the way to a brighter future for our franchise. Oh and Ruston, you did good too. A big KUDOS to you both!!!

Very Happy
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Because of this, I feel that we need to give credit where it's truly due. Yes, Ruston had a hand in it and I applaud him for what he's done. But Ruston couldn't have pulled it off if not for certain events that took place a couple of weeks prior to the signing. We owe all of this to one man...Kansas City Chiefs PK, Ryan Succop. That's right! Had he made that field goal and won the game, it wouldn't have went into overtime, and the Chargers' season would've been over right there. But because the Chargers made the playoffs, that delayed Whizenhunt's opportunity to immediately sign on with anybody as HC, pretty much forcing the Texans move sooner and snatch O'Brien rather than wait around. Thank you Ryan Succop! Your missed FG paved the way to a brighter future for our franchise. Oh and Ruston, you did good too. A big KUDOS to you both!!![/color] Very Happy

That is pretty funny. Depending on how the next 10 years play out, maybe he deserves a place in our Ring of Honor!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
Because of this, I feel that we need to give credit where it's truly due. Yes, Ruston had a hand in it and I applaud him for what he's done. But Ruston couldn't have pulled it off if not for certain events that took place a couple of weeks prior to the signing. We owe all of this to one man...Kansas City Chiefs PK, Ryan Succop. That's right! Had he made that field goal and won the game, it wouldn't have went into overtime, and the Chargers' season would've been over right there. But because the Chargers made the playoffs, that delayed Whizenhunt's opportunity to immediately sign on with anybody as HC, pretty much forcing the Texans move sooner and snatch O'Brien rather than wait around. Thank you Ryan Succop! Your missed FG paved the way to a brighter future for our franchise. Oh and Ruston, you did good too. A big KUDOS to you both!!![/color] Very Happy

That is pretty funny. Depending on how the next 10 years play out, maybe he deserves a place in our Ring of Honor!

THAT would be sweet! LOL

I guess this is kinda my version of the N "If" L.

UTMoc10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

Laughing

Ron Aiken is a guy Whiz has worked with a lot in the past. He is currently the Oregon Ducks D-Line coach. Could be an option.
Kendall Wright - 6 rec 46 yds 1 TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Munch to Steelers. Disgusting but at least it's not Houston. Still I hate the Steelers just as much.
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Looks like Munch to Steelers. Disgusting but at least it's not Houston. Still I hate the Steelers just as much.

I gotta say... I'm gonna hate the Steelers a whole lot less if their coaching tree gives us a Lombardi trophy!

Whiz reminds me a lot of Cowher. Not completely sure why.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@glennonsports: #Titans have agreed to terms with a new OL coach, Bob Bostad, and a new DL coach, Giff Smith.”

That didnt take long. Fills the staff. Blah hires IMO.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@glennonsports: Bostad served as Tampa Bay's O-line coach last 2 yrs, while Smith was Buffalo's D-line coach in 2011-12. #Titans”

Quote:
“@glennonsports: Giff Smith, the #Titans' new D-line coach, was also Derrick Morgan's D-line coach at Ga. Tech.”

TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

Velasco to the bench in 3...2....1.. Lol

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bostad did coach at Wisconsin as the O-Line coach from 06-11.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Bostad did coach at Wisconsin as the O-Line coach from 06-11.

They have always had strong OL prospects as long as I can remember.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
“@glennonsports: #Titans have agreed to terms with a new OL coach, Bob Bostad, and a new DL coach, Giff Smith.”

Truthfully can you tell me the best o-line coach (besides Munch) that were available. Same with the defensive line?

I can't. Lol. All I can think of is Munch and Washburn.

If he coached the Wisconsin lines then that's good to me. They always have a dominating line.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Truthfully can you tell me the best o-line coach (besides Munch) that were available. Same with the defensive line?

I can't. Lol. All I can think of is Munch and Washburn.

If he coached the Wisconsin lines then that's good to me. They always have a dominating line.

I did say Bostad coached at Wisconsin which was impressive. The other guy is just blah to me. Coached Derrick Morgan at GT and was in Buffalo for a season but other than that, he's not impressive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29

Jump to: