Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Off-season plans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers27 wrote:

What do you guys think of Allen Robinson in the first?

Great receiver, had a strong year this year. I don't think he's first round talent, if he's there in the second I say we should go after him, pending we draft an OT in the first
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't keep Hardy do we need to draft a DE or sign a FA or you think we are good the Addison, Alexander, Horton, and Roh?

Thanks CK
doubletroublelv

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Gettleman did an amazing job year one. I promise you we dont make it this far with Hurney. Imo he found 3 solid starters in Star, Kawaan, and aj klein. Its too early to tell whether white or lester are true nfl starters. Regardless its a great draft to find at least 3 solid starters. I'm hoping to find a starter at OT,CB, WR and WR depth in the offseason through the draft and free agency

Props to eggy on the sig
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm already a believer in the gettlemagic but we need another offensive weapon or 2, secondary help, and o line. I'm buying into the sign nicks and draft a high wr rounds 1-3

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Panthers #1 Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone still have faith in kenny britt? I think with a change of scenery and a vet like smitty to try and talk some sense into him he could be great. Plus we could get him for super cheap but with all of his injuries and off the field issues im not sure if he is worth it. He has shown glimpses of how good he can be and I was wondering what you guys think?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers #1 Fan wrote:
Does anyone still have faith in kenny britt? I think with a change of scenery and a vet like smitty to try and talk some sense into him he could be great. Plus we could get him for super cheap but with all of his injuries and off the field issues im not sure if he is worth it. He has shown glimpses of how good he can be and I was wondering what you guys think?

I think him and hicks are in the same boat. Hicks was in a better situation in my opinion. I'm on the fence with both of them. I'd rather take a chance on Jeremy maclinmeven coming off the injury. He's shown more to me on the field, plus he has no character concerns. Which is a plus with jr being the owner
Panthers #1 Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panattack86 wrote:
Panthers #1 Fan wrote:

I think him and hicks are in the same boat. Hicks was in a better situation in my opinion. I'm on the fence with both of them. I'd rather take a chance on Jeremy maclinmeven coming off the injury. He's shown more to me on the field, plus he has no character concerns. Which is a plus with jr being the owner

Yeah I forgot about maclin. I like that idea too and with riley cooper showing good chemistry with nick foles it makes him somewhat expendable. I think if we took a shot at britt it would be a ted ginn situation. 1 year deal and see if he can turn it around.
Panthers #1 Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panattack86 wrote:
Panthers #1 Fan wrote:

Yeah I forgot about maclin. I like that idea too and with riley cooper showing good chemistry with nick foles it makes him somewhat expendable. I think if we took a shot at britt it would be a ted ginn situation. 1 year deal and see if he can turn it around.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really a huge fan of picking up a bunch of free agents to fill out our needs. While, 1 guy might be alright; picking up a bunch is just a recipe for disaster. I think we take a WR with one of our 1st 2 picks, then look to sign a FA like Maclin, Nicks, or Decker; then supplment from there as needed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
I'm not really a huge fan of picking up a bunch of free agents to fill out our needs. While, 1 guy might be alright; picking up a bunch is just a recipe for disaster. I think we take a WR with one of our 1st 2 picks, then look to sign a FA like Maclin, Nicks, or Decker; then supplment from there as needed.

Agreed.

I also think resigning Mike Mitchell should be up there on the priorities list.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about signing a 2nd te like Brandon myers? he could take the shockey role we had a few years ago and is a capable pass catcher. had 800 yds with the raiders for pete's sake.

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
fraziafraze07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-playoff-stock-watch-2/

Barnwell's take on how the Panthers could resign Hardy:

Quote:
I suspect that Carolina will sign Hardy to a massive deal with a huge signing bonus (approaching $40 million) spread over something like seven or eight years with low base salaries in the first two years of the contract before guaranteeing a big base salary in the third year of the deal. Hardy’s just too valuable to let go.

Rich7sena wrote:
Someone's going HAM on the button in Buffalo Wild Wings.
CarolinaRoar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
boondock wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
LaFell and Ginn will never be confused for superstars, but you can't just throw 1200 yards and 10 TD's out the window.

You can if you can get the same prodution out of a single reciever.

We can't even get that out of our #1 receiver right now.

Both drop to many balls especially Lafell. Need WR's that can catch. They can't. Honestly Hixon had the best hands in the corps, he was just also the least explosive. Anyway, he was underused. We need some WRs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: