Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RB David Wilson to undergo neck surgery on Jan 16
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: RB David Wilson to undergo neck surgery on Jan 16 Reply with quote

Quote:
Here are the details on David Wilson's surgery: He'll have a fusion of the vertebrae to repair the herniated disc in his neck on Jan. 16.

https://twitter.com/RVacchianoNYDN/status/421384261825228801

Not good at all
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes done, if he gets one more blow to the neck area he could have major health issues
im not planning on him playing anytime soon..
dkebones

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For context:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/collins-hopes-to-return-to-football-after-fusion-surgery-mo4u26m-146925665.html
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tre Mason in the 3rd anyone? Razz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
Hes done, if he gets one more blow to the neck area he could have major health issues

What do you mean by "hes done"? I mean if he has to sit out some of 2014 then so be it. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the doctors gave Wilson the option to end his career as this injury is obviously potentially serious or continue playing with the risk, and he chose the later. Yeah it's shortened some NFL players' careers, but the others play just as long as any other player in the NFL does. As far as I'm concerned, as a rookie he was all-pro and broke records as a rookie. For the 4-5 games he played this year, he got maybe 10 carries a game playing behind the worst OL in the league with Baas and Snee both playing with unknowingly season-ending injuries against some of the best D-lines in the NFL. And now of all of a sudden people think he's a bust and are giving up on him. It's stupid.

Still a believer in #22
In Reese We Trust
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:

What do you mean by "hes done"? I mean if he has to sit out some of 2014 then so be it. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the doctors gave Wilson the option to end his career as this injury is obviously potentially serious or continue playing with the risk, and he chose the later. Yeah it's shortened some NFL players' careers, but the others play just as long as any other player in the NFL does. As far as I'm concerned, as a rookie he was all-pro and broke records as a rookie. For the 4-5 games he played this year, he got maybe 10 carries a game playing behind the worst OL in the league with Baas and Snee both playing with unknowingly season-ending injuries against some of the best D-lines in the NFL. And now of all of a sudden people think he's a bust and are giving up on him. It's stupid.

im not saying hes a bust personally i love wilson, bright future but neck surgery is a very serious things..like i said one big hit to that part of his body could really mess him up, but i could be wrong he could comeback which i seriously hope happens but i dont like the chances of this david wilson being the explosive one he once was
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:

He broke records as a rookie, sure, not rushing records...unfortunately he's a RB. You may have to come to terms with the possibilities that he 1. Is done because of his neck and 2. Maybe just wasn't that good of an NFL RB.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Tre Mason in the 3rd anyone? Razz

Thatd be a steal! Very Happy
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:

He broke records as a rookie, sure, not rushing records...unfortunately he's a RB. You may have to come to terms with the possibilities that he 1. Is done because of his neck and 2. Maybe just wasn't that good of an NFL RB.

He had a 5.0 ypc his rookie year(71 attempts) when he was playing behind an OK offensive line. When he was the starting RB this year(44 attempts, 3.3 avg), which honestly isn't THAT bad considering there were only 1-2 people on the line who could block. The rookie Pugh and sometimes Kevin Boothe. Our offensive line has been awful all year, but it was by far at its worse in the first third of the season, or every game Wilson played in. There is absolutely no running back who would've been productive in that situation as he was getting hit as soon as he touched the ball half the time! Gilbride barely made any adjustments to use him dynamically either. He only had 2 catches in those 4 1/2 games.

And yeah, it's possible that he could end his career with a brutal blow to the neck. But that career-ending hit may never come or may be in 5-6 years. I think there's no reason to think he's not going to be a good NFL RB, unless his fumbling habits linger.

Still a believer in #22
In Reese We Trust
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
And yeah, it's possible that he could end his career with a brutal blow to the neck. But that career-ending hit may never come or may be in 5-6 years. I think there's no reason to think he's not going to be a good NFL RB, unless his fumbling habits linger.

What I'm saying is he could be done already. That's what I'm saying. He may never play again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:

What I'm saying is he could be done already. That's what I'm saying. He may never play again.

So are you saying that he may choose to never play again and announce his retirement after his surgery? I really don't know a lot about the condition, I'm just going with what I've heard.

Still a believer in #22
In Reese We Trust
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:

So are you saying that he may choose to never play again and announce his retirement after his surgery?

I'm saying he may never get cleared and may not be his choice. Obviously he wants to play again, it's why he's having the surgery.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame obamacare Smile

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:

So are you saying that he may choose to never play again and announce his retirement after his surgery?

I'm saying he may never get cleared and may not be his choice. Obviously he wants to play again, it's why he's having the surgery.

Is that even possible? I haven't seen that as a concern anywhere, but I really don't know that much about the whole procedure.

Still a believer in #22
In Reese We Trust
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the difference between this injury and peytons injury?

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: