Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins hire Jay Gruden to be HC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be in the minority here but I believe that Jay Gruden is a good offensive mind. I don't know how good of a hire he is as a head coach, though. From what I understand, he spends most of his time on game day up in the booth. He seems like a guy who hasn't had much experience dealing with team issues in real time, on the sidelines. I actually think Hue Jackson may have been a better option for teams to court from the Bengals offensive staff considering his experience.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
I may be in the minority here but I believe that Jay Gruden is a good offensive mind. I don't know how good of a hire he is as a head coach, though. From what I understand, he spends most of his time on game day up in the booth. He seems like a guy who hasn't had much experience dealing with team issues in real time, on the sidelines. I actually think Hue Jackson may have been a better option for teams to court from the Bengals offensive staff considering his experience.

Jay and Zimmer both coach from the sidelines...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
red_herring79

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton was good enough this year. He was # 3 in terms of TD's thrown. For all I know, it was Gruden who was turning chicken poop (Dalton) into chicken salad. We don't know enough about Gruden to judge him yet. But I like his attitude as this video shows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZwAUtl2okA
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red_herring79 wrote:
Dalton was good enough this year. He was # 3 in terms of TD's thrown. For all I know, it was Gruden who was turning chicken poop (Dalton) into chicken salad. We don't know enough about Gruden to judge him yet. But I like his attitude as this video shows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZwAUtl2okA

Apples-Oranges

Cincinnati has weapons for days and a stout O-Line to go along with a defense to back them up

Washington not so much

its going to be a process maybe 1-2 years, I'm just hoping thats understood by the organization, media and fans
I know right. Standing with his mother, they looked like a married couple.

Jameis Winston wrote:
I said, we said, uh, I said

#LuckAllDay
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:

Who is this "Zimmer" guy you speak of? Apparently, none of the other 31 teams have heard of him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Quote:
Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora
Jim Haslett will remain the Redskins D coordinator in Washington, according to sources on Jay Gruden's new staff

Shocked

Wow. That's bad. I'm not sure how Gruden will do but he was one of the best candidates out there because he has HC experience and is a successful coordinator.

Plus...there's this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U4iQJw51-Y

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some are saying that the Skins DC position is not set in stone yet....so we should probably pump the brakes on criticizing Gruden right now.

Thought about this hire for a little while and I actually like it. I think he'll be a good change for the Redskins and more specifically for RG3.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
footy_29

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as they move back to the 4-3 and end this terrible experiment, I could care less who coaches the defense. Haslett, in truth, is not that bad.

Orakpo, Cofield and Kerrigan are a good group. Not optimistic in either Bowen or Jenkins filling the other spot, but the front seven instantly improves with this move. Even if 2-3 new starters need to be found.

Gruden was probably one of the top 3 candidates and seems relatively charasmatic. Not my preferred, but a solid move.

Blknite01's masterpiece
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I'm starting to think that Gruden will start Cousins over Griffin, seeing as Cousins fits a WCO, whereas the other played his best in a gimmick offense.

Not a chance in hell unless Bobby is injured. Not only are you severly over rating Cousin (he too sucks) but as long as Daniel Snyder is owner and in the buisness of selling tickets and making money, that will never happen.

As for the hiring I've never really understood the enfatuation will Jay. He's not some genius or QB guru. Guess we'll see if another HC is hired in a few yrs or if he somehow manages to help Bobby become a complete QB with winning seasons (plural) to follow?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:

Who is this "Zimmer" guy you speak of? Apparently, none of the other 31 teams have heard of him.

Sounds like the Vikings have heard of him.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
As long as they move back to the 4-3 and end this terrible experiment, I could care less who coaches the defense. Haslett, in truth, is not that bad.

Orakpo, Cofield and Kerrigan are a good group. Not optimistic in either Bowen or Jenkins filling the other spot, but the front seven instantly improves with this move. Even if 2-3 new starters need to be found.

Gruden was probably one of the top 3 candidates and seems relatively charasmatic. Not my preferred, but a solid move.
Unfortunately during Gruden's introduction conference he expressed that the Redskins would remain in a 3-4 defense.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
baconrad3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way Gruden would start Cousins over RGIII.

I'm sure Snyder made it clear that Griffin is their franchise quarterback. He's Snyder's golden boy.

However I'm curious to see how Gruden and Griffin will be together. From everything I hear it sounds like it'd be hard for a HC to get along witb RGIII. Him apparently bragging about how he has a ton of pull with Snyder, how he's the goose with the golden egg, etc.

Griffin seemed to become a lot less likeable this season. Though this is all just speculation. But it seems that the vets on the team didn't respect him as much this year. That's important. You need your guys to buy into the QB and to respect him as a leader and as a player.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:

I'm sure Snyder made it clear that Griffin is their franchise quarterback. He's Snyder's golden boy.

However I'm curious to see how Gruden and Griffin will be together. From everything I hear it sounds like it'd be hard for a HC to get along witb RGIII. Him apparently bragging about how he has a ton of pull with Snyder, how he's the goose with the golden egg, etc.

Griffin seemed to become a lot less likeable this season. Though this is all just speculation. But it seems that the vets on the team didn't respect him as much this year. That's important. You need your guys to buy into the QB and to respect him as a leader and as a player.
Snyder's the adult, and the boss. He's the one that needs to remove himself from the buddy relationship. RG3s just a 23 year old kid, what is he supposed to do if his boss comes up and starts chatting with him? Snyder is a menace.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:

Multiple players (Garcon, D Hall, London Fletcher) have actually come out and said in the past couple days how much they like and respect RGIII and how shocked they were to find out how badly this situation has been mischaracterized by the media. I'm not going to go through the trouble of getting the videos and tweets of those statements right now, since you've already had your opinion formed about RGIII a long time ago. This is just more for others out there that didn't know.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

Multiple players (Garcon, D Hall, London Fletcher) have actually come out and said in the past couple days how much they like and respect RGIII and how shocked they were to find out how badly this situation has been mischaracterized by the media. I'm not going to go through the trouble of getting the videos and tweets of those statements right now, since you've already had your opinion formed about RGIII a long time ago. This is just more for others out there that didn't know.

Thing is...while it's not always wise to trust the "anonymous sources" who throw these accusations out there, it's not always wise to trust players who are still on the payroll. Do you think Dan Snyder is going to sit back and accept public criticism from his own players?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: