Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins hire Jay Gruden to be HC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
Gruden was badly outcoached by Pagano last weekend, his stock could not be lower at this stage so this is bizarre. As someone who favors a quick passing game, this seems a total mismatch with RGIII.

Huh? The times RGIII looked at his absolute best this year was when he was running the no-huddle offense. Many were puzzled as to why Kyle Shanahan abandoned it so often after seeing such positive results with it.

And making a hiring decision based on one playoff game is foolish. We looked at what he's done throughout his tenure there and, in conjunction with his interview, we obviously came away impressed.

I'm not basing his resume on playoff game, he's had three playoff trips and looked out of his depth every time. This just seems an odd time to hire a guy who many were questioning his ability to be even be a OC after last weekend. Hue Jackson would be an upgrade in Cinci.

Gruden did not throw the interceptions in that game or dive headfirst and fumble on a scramble.

Hard for any game-plan to work when your QB is stuck in full Romo mode during your playoff games.

Dalton aside, he was out-thought and out maneuvered by a DC operating with a far less talented crop of players.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
Gruden was badly outcoached by Pagano last weekend, his stock could not be lower at this stage so this is bizarre. As someone who favors a quick passing game, this seems a total mismatch with RGIII.

Huh? The times RGIII looked at his absolute best this year was when he was running the no-huddle offense. Many were puzzled as to why Kyle Shanahan abandoned it so often after seeing such positive results with it.

And making a hiring decision based on one playoff game is foolish. We looked at what he's done throughout his tenure there and, in conjunction with his interview, we obviously came away impressed.

I'm not basing his resume on playoff game, he's had three playoff trips and looked out of his depth every time. This just seems an odd time to hire a guy who many were questioning his ability to be even be a OC after last weekend. Hue Jackson would be an upgrade in Cinci.

Gruden did not throw the interceptions in that game or dive headfirst and fumble on a scramble.

Hard for any game-plan to work when your QB is stuck in full Romo mode during your playoff games.

Dalton aside, he was out-thought and out maneuvered by a DC operating with a far less talented crop of players.

That's the narrative now, but what would it be if the offense didn't turn the ball over 4 times in that game, one of them on the goal line?

Football games, especially playoff games, are decided by turnover differential. I remember hearing some crazy stat last weekend that teams that have won the turnover battle have won 92% of playoff games. His team turned it over 4 times, compared to the Chargers' 0 turnovers.

The best coordinator of all time would be hard-pressed winning against those odds.

Last edited by HTTRG3Dynasty on Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jazzaloha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
He was alright for awhile for the Bengals. But his play calling was extremely questionable at times and IMO he doesn't use his personnel right.

That's my impression as well. For me, I felt like they could have ran more and used this to complement the passing game, mitigating Dalton's limitations. I thought the Chargers struggled to stop the run, and the Bengals didn't take advantage of this.

Then again, my sense is that Jay's offense and offensive mindset is similar to his brother's, and I've never been a fan of Gruden's version of the WCO.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh hire for Washington. Gruden has at times done a good joh in Cincy but he wasn't why Cincy has been successful...Zimmer moreso was.

I like Gruden but I don't think he'll come in and do wonders.

As an Eagles fan this higher doesn't scare me at all. If I was Washington I would have gone after Greg Roman HARD. He wouldve been my number one candidate id I'm Snyder.

He's already show that he can be successful running an offense with a dual threat QB and has really helped Kaep develop a lot.

Now that I think of it.....he wouldve been a really good hire. Bring in Kaep's coach to come develop RGIII.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh hire. Coordinators are terrible so far.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
sayheykid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the press conference.

"Alls they wanna do is win"

"Alls I wanna do is coach"

Alls I wanna do is mute.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh dont like it mainly because of the organization

Gruden seems like a good guy but I just cant see a Head Coach being successful with RG3 as his QB
Brian23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:

I saw players opening and Dalton not hitting them.

KingOfTheDot wrote:

Gruden seems like a good guy but I just cant see a Head Coach being successful with RG3 as his QB

Why? Because Shanny's thrown enough crap on the wall for everyone to believe Griffin is this terrible player and person?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Jay Gruden a lot. I thought he was a very good OC. 90% of the time he had great game plans and play calling. The other 10% was pretty bad but no one is perfect. As a Bengals fan I don't mind losing him because we have Hue Jackson. If we didn't have Hue, I would be ticked...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks more like Lame Kitten or Josh McDaniels than he does his own brother Confused
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:

Yeah it's not like RG3 has ever carried a team to the playoffs or anything.

I hate the Jaguars
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

Don't get in the way of KingofTheDot and ESPN man; they're obviously pretty tight.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

Don't get in the way of KingofTheDot and ESPN man; they're obviously pretty tight.

I hate BSPN
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

Why? Because Shanny's thrown enough crap on the wall for everyone to believe Griffin is this terrible player and person?

yup thats exactly why

but honestly I feel like RG3 makes himself bigger than the team he simply makes everything about him not something I can get behind
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

#FACTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: