Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins hire Jay Gruden to be HC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK GOD!!!

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Skins got Gruden because none of the "hot" coaches wanted to go there. I think it's gonna take a long time for the Skins organization to redeem it's image to the NFL as far as hiring goes.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
I think the Skins got Gruden because none of the "hot" coaches wanted to go there. I think it's gonna take a long time for the Skins organization to redeem it's image to the NFL as far as hiring goes.

Laughing Who exactly are the "hot" coaches out there besides Whisenhunt?

Gruden was scheduled to be interviewed by every team out there needing a coach, including the most "attractive" team, the Lions. Trying to act like he's some leftover is disingenuous.

And yes, almost every team hates their OC.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Gruden was scheduled to be interviewed by every team out there needing a coach, including the most "attractive" team, the Lions. Trying to act like he's some leftover is disingenuous.

No interview with the Lions was set up with Jay as far as I remember.

Sig bet
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Well there's Bevell, Fangio, Roman, Whiz.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
kmvoss

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeesh. Good lcuk 'skin fans.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Quote:
Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora
Jim Haslett will remain the Redskins D coordinator in Washington, according to sources on Jay Gruden's new staff

Shocked

And the OC will be 27? Laughing

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/1/8/5289620/jay-gruden-interview-lions-rumors

http://www.freep.com/article/20140106/SPORTS01/301060064/lions-jay-gruden-coach-bengals

Last edited by HTTRG3Dynasty on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. I wanted Cincy to finally have their coordinators poached but it's mostly Zimmer I want out of the division, not Gruden. Cincy upgrade by elevating Hue Jackson into the OC role.

Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Well there's Bevell, Fangio, Roman, Whiz.

What makes any of those guys more respectable than Gruden? And we interviewed Bevell already, and were going to interview the other 3 when playoffs were over if we didn't have a guy we liked by then. The only "hot" coach that didn't want to come here was Zimmer, and that's because him and Shanahan are good friends.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
The guy who convinced the Bengals to draft Dalton over Kaep, partly because he "wasn’t really into the read-option stuff", is now leaving to coach RG3?

Lol.

Didn't Dalton post better numbers than Kaep in the regular season?

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/1/8/5289620/jay-gruden-interview-lions-rumors

http://www.freep.com/article/20140106/SPORTS01/301060064/lions-jay-gruden-coach-bengals
Asking to interview doesn't mean an interview was in place.

He was the only HC candidate that didn't have experience. Lot of people think Lions just want coaches who played Lions views on them. Most don't think the Lions want anyone but Whiz and the rest was just getting different takes on the team by coaches who played them.

No date was ever formed by Gruden to interview. Some were skeptical it even was asked as Gruden never acknowledged he was asked by the Lions.

Sig bet
BigJohnson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much overreaction and stupid in this thread. Like many people have touched on, no fanbase likes their coordinator for the most part. Dallas fans complained about Payton. McCarthy had a pretty bad ranked offense with the 49er's. Hell, people were wondering why the Patriots were giving up draft picks to secure Belichick who failed with the Browns. And A lot of people wondered why the Ravens were hiring a defensive backs coach/special teams coordinator. Simply put, no one knows how this hire will turn out. I neither love nor hate this hire. But stop trolling the Redskins and acting like this is the stupidest hire of all time because he is supposedly "holding the Bengals offense back." Even though he turned Andy Dalton into a competent NFL QB that threw the third most TDs in the league. Judge based on results with the Redskins, not what he did with completely different personnel in Cincinnati.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Asking to interview doesn't mean an interview was in place.

He was the only HC candidate that didn't have experience. Lot of people think Lions just want coaches who played Lions views on them. Most don't think the Lions want anyone but Whiz and the rest was just getting different takes on the team by coaches who played them.

No date was ever formed by Gruden to interview. Some were skeptical it even was asked as Gruden never acknowledged he was asked by the Lions.

Rolling Eyes Regardless of their motivations, which we could argue about all day, we do know that they reached out requesting an interview. That tells me Jay Gruden was sought after by teams needing a HC.
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
It's hard to say how he'll do because he's never had majority influence over a team, but he strikes me of knowing what he's doing.

That being said I wouldn't accept that Redskins job. What a mess over there.

He was a very successful head coach and offensive coordinator in the arena league and UFL. He can be a good leader of men. My worry with him is that he doesn't have many connections in the league. Most of the OC and DC hires i've heard for the Skins have to be coming from a GM or ownership. I think teams work best when the HC can hire his own guys.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: