Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hello all giants fans!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Hello all giants fans! Reply with quote

I'm new here and excited to talk football and especially giants football
So how do you guys think this offseason should work out?
I'm thinking
MAJOR CONTRACTS: I want the giants to resign tuck for about a 2-3 year contract, he really stepping up the end if the season without JPP along side if him, Nicks? It's time to cut ties with him m, he was so productive for us a couple years ago now injuries haunt him and was it just me or those last couple games it seemed like nicks didn't even wanna be out there? A couple small ones: resign hillis resign Andre brown resign joesph resign stevie brown
DRAFT: CJ Mosley would be my choice but if a guy like Barr or Mack falls to our pick, I wouldn't hesitate to get him
Other spots we should get later in the draft G/T, WR, RB, and DE
OS SIGNING: I think with how much the giants have the should go after Alex Mack C from the browns, CB Tarrell Brown from the niners TE Brandon pettigrew from the lions and G jon asamoah from the cheifs
HIRINGS: I'm thinking Mike Sullivan is the best fit at OC for us since he was once under Coughlin, I could be wrong but that seems like the best fit for now, I just want someone who doesn't run draw plays every other play with Wilson or outside handoffs to Jacobs(retired now) or Hillis
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your opinion?
dkebones

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am simply not impressed with Mosely. I don't know if its just my veiled hatred for Alabama that is clouding my thoughts, but i just don't want him.

If we hire Sullivan or Loggains I might puke...
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
I am simply not impressed with Mosely. I don't know if its just my veiled hatred for Alabama that is clouding my thoughts, but i just don't want him.

Mosley has impressed me, I like him to replace Keith rivers if we move him to ILB which I expect them to do
As for hirings I'm really not sure of anyone else we should get at OC, Sullivan just seemed to be the best fit, anyone expect gilbride
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
dkebones wrote:

Mosley has impressed me, I like him to replace Keith rivers if we move him to ILB which I expect them to do
As for hirings I'm really not sure of anyone else we should get at OC, Sullivan just seemed to be the best fit, anyone expect gilbride

Sullivan is Gilbride reincarnated.

Also - Mosley has already had 2-3 surgeries, I have a man crush on him but don't want him.

"Small contracts" - Joseph will not be a small contract. He will command good money on the market...

Mack and Asamoah will be all of our FA dollars. Mack won't leave Cleveland, and we have to be prepared for the fact that Asamoah won't either. The Chiefs won't let him and Albert go. Pettigrew is a good signing, but there are better CB than Brown - Verner and Davis for example.

As far as the draft, if Watkins or Mack aren't there .. I want us to trade back. But since we never trade back. I'm leaning towards Gilbert from Oklahoma State.

I'd love Yankey or Swanson in the second, Sims/Sankey/Seatrunk in the third.
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums!

Feel free to introduce yourself further in the intro thread
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=208171
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums. We need more Big Blue fans around here. We are seriously outnumbered. Laughing

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
dkebones wrote:

Also - Mosley has already had 2-3 surgeries, I have a man crush on him but don't want him.

"Small contracts" - Joseph will not be a small contract. He will command good money on the market...

Mack and Asamoah will be all of our FA dollars. Mack won't leave Cleveland, and we have to be prepared for the fact that Asamoah won't either. The Chiefs won't let him and Albert go. Pettigrew is a good signing, but there are better CB than Brown - Verner and Davis for example.

As far as the draft, if Watkins or Mack aren't there .. I want us to trade back. But since we never trade back. I'm leaning towards Gilbert from Oklahoma State.

Well I know Joseph won't be a small one I was talking towards the major people everyone wants to know if they will be resigned or not, which is tuck and nicks
I really hope we dont draft Sammy Watkins 1st rd, he has the talent but WR isn't our top needs we need ILB CB and an Oline before we go out and get more WRs and I really hope they don't trade down that would be a dumb thing to do, we need young talent and if we don't draft a LB I hope we get Dennard out of michigan st
As for the FAs those are the ones that are currently not signed, I will agree some will resign with there teams now some may not, never know
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Welcome to the forums. We need more Big Blue fans around here. We are seriously outnumbered. Laughing

Lol I'll be here to help! Wink
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

Hey,

You avatar is a little too big, it needs to be 80x80

If you need help resizing it I am sure someone could help you here
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=482397&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thanks
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

Hey,

You avatar is a little too big, it needs to be 80x80

If you need help resizing it I am sure someone could help you here
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=482397&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thanks

i changed it around, still too big? if it is can someone help me resize it?
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
dkebones wrote:

Well I know Joseph won't be a small one I was talking towards the major people everyone wants to know if they will be resigned or not, which is tuck and nicks
I really hope we dont draft Sammy Watkins 1st rd, he has the talent but WR isn't our top needs we need ILB CB and an Oline before we go out and get more WRs and I really hope they don't trade down that would be a dumb thing to do, we need young talent and if we don't draft a LB I hope we get Dennard out of michigan st
As for the FAs those are the ones that are currently not signed, I will agree some will resign with there teams now some may not, never know

Nicks may or may not resign, but he may or may not regain his form. Did you see how hard it was for Cruz to get open without Nicks taking the pressure off him? We have an ILB... Beason. He's fairly young. He may not excel in coverage but he's a sideline to sideline beezer. I agree with CB. But Kyle Fuller and Purifoy will be there in later rounds, and Pierre Desir can be had in the third or fourth. OL is a need, but if you have a chance to draft a talent like Watkins you don't pass because he isn't an immediate need. Drafting for need is a bad business plan.
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
dkebones wrote:

Nicks may or may not resign, but he may or may not regain his form. Did you see how hard it was for Cruz to get open without Nicks taking the pressure off him? We have an ILB... Beason. He's fairly young. He may not excel in coverage but he's a sideline to sideline beezer. I agree with CB. But Kyle Fuller and Purifoy will be there in later rounds, and Pierre Desir can be had in the third or fourth. OL is a need, but if you have a chance to draft a talent like Watkins you don't pass because he isn't an immediate need. Drafting for need is a bad business plan.

didnt beason tear his ACL twice? hes had knee problems over the past couple years, if we draft mosley i say move him and replace rivers and if beason goes down thats when mosley goes to MLB or we throw herlizich there (proven already that was unsuccessful), but we can pick up a good WR later rounds thats not a problem, most likely no one like watkins but still can get someone that could fight to get a spot over jernigan or even randle who would move to #2 if nicks leaves
EDIT: at team needs i meant OLB not ILB my fault didnt realize the error
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
dkebones wrote:

didnt beason tear his ACL twice? hes had knee problems over the past couple years, if we draft mosley i say move him and replace rivers and if beason goes down thats when mosley goes to MLB or we throw herlizich there (proven already that was unsuccessful), but we can pick up a good WR later rounds thats not a problem, most likely no one like watkins but still can get someone that could fight to get a spot over jernigan or even randle who would move to #2 if nicks leaves

Jernigan actually showed he can play - except he plays the same role Cruz does... the slot. Randle isn't a Nicks replacement and Watkins is insane..

Mosley has had 2-3 surgeries already... So you want to draft him because Beason has been injured.. An injured LBer to replace an injured LBer? Thats why I don't like Mosley. He has the talent but his injury concern is too great.

OLB we could get someone like Christian Jones in the second. Herzlich and MLB should never be in the same sentence. That was an epic failure. He's great on special teams but hasn't put it together on the field.

But again, thats just my opinion. I don't think LB is a big enough need to get first round. Now if someone like Mack is there, I would love him as our OLB. He can rush the passer too.

DE is also a need, but this DE class is weak IMO. Kareem Martin is someone I'm interested in in the later rounds. But I think FA is the way to go for a DE this year.

Honestly, you could point to any position and draft there in the first (except QB) and fill a need, but very few prospects offer the talent and athleticism that Watkins brings to the table. Thats why I'm all in for him.
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
dkebones wrote:

Jernigan actually showed he can play - except he plays the same role Cruz does... the slot. Randle isn't a Nicks replacement and Watkins is insane..

Mosley has had 2-3 surgeries already... So you want to draft him because Beason has been injured.. An injured LBer to replace an injured LBer? Thats why I don't like Mosley. He has the talent but his injury concern is too great.

OLB we could get someone like Christian Jones in the second. Herzlich and MLB should never be in the same sentence. That was an epic failure. He's great on special teams but hasn't put it together on the field.

But again, thats just my opinion. I don't think LB is a big enough need to get first round. Now if someone like Mack is there, I would love him as our OLB. He can rush the passer too.

DE is also a need, but this DE class is weak IMO. Kareem Martin is someone I'm interested in in the later rounds. But I think FA is the way to go for a DE this year.

Honestly, you could point to any position and draft there in the first (except QB) and fill a need, but very few prospects offer the talent and athleticism that Watkins brings to the table. Thats why I'm all in for him.

Like previously said i meant to say we need OLB help not ILB help and mosley would replace keith rivers, never said anything about mosley replacing beason except for if beason gets injuried
And i wouldnt be super mad if we take watkins id just prefer others over him including mack barr(if for some odd reason he falls) mosley and dennard
As for DE if we dont sign tuck i think we go after michael johnson from cincy, hes would be a great pairing along with JPP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: