Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants Offensive Coordinator search
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Giants Offensive Coordinator search Reply with quote

Discuss anything you want on the Giants offensive coordinator search

Quote:
Mike Sullivan is set to interview either tomorrow or Wednesday, per source. #nyg

https://twitter.com/ConorTOrr/status/420283199478980609
Quote:
Mike Munchak will be accompanied to Lions meeting by OC Dowell Loggains, also desired by other HC candidates. Loggains meets NYG on Wed

https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/420544421370015744
bigbluefan80

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly can't think of any names out there. All I hope for is we bring in a fresh new young mind with a whole new vision for our offense. No has beens or morons

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbluefan80 wrote:
I honestly can't think of any names out there. All I hope for is we bring in a fresh new young mind with a whole new vision for our offense. No has beens or morons

You mean someone who doesn't run Wilson up the middle, Jacobs to the outside, and screen passes to the speedster Peyton Hillis?!
Still a believer in #22
In Reese We Trust
#tradeforclowney
FutureIsWhite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Titans fan I wouldn't want dowell logains... I think I'm speaking for a majority of Titans fans that we could predict the plays. It got so bad that against the jags at home I called probably 90 percent of the calls. I'm from NY but moved to Nashville, my brothers are die hard gmen fans and they agree with me. either way i think you guys will have a bounce back year next year, no way coughin and manning do this again. Best of luck next year
GiantAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more interviews? I hope its not just these two. Sullivan is just Gilbrides protege and he sucked in Tampa.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya... these two are not good options... I'd rather take a chance on someone we don't know anything aboot than two ex coordinators who cannot produce with vincent jackson/doug martin or johnson/wright

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
minutemancl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Hue Jackson is coming to interview as well.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what you want about Gilbride but he was darn good football coach and really helped develop Eli Manning. Hue Jackson would be the best OC for any team but I don't think Marvin Lewis will let him out of his contract, he wouldn't last year anyway.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
bigbluefan80 wrote:

You mean someone who doesn't run Wilson up the middle, Jacobs to the outside, and screen passes to the speedster Peyton Hillis?!

Pfft that ingenuity in my book. Defenses would NEVER think to defend against a Hillis screen play or Jacobs running wide!!

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/1/8/5288858/victor-cruz-new-york-giants-xbox-offensive-coordinator-mike-sullivan
it even seems like cruz wants sullivan, he seems like the best choice right now considering he has worked with some offensive vets on the giants including eli, hes worked under coughlin for many years so it seems like the best logical choice is Mike Sullivan which i wouldnt mind
u could say u dont want him bc of his ineffectiveness with the bucs stars like douggy or vjax, but sullivan has worked with our WRs and QBs in the past
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/1/8/5288858/victor-cruz-new-york-giants-xbox-offensive-coordinator-mike-sullivan
it even seems like cruz wants sullivan, he seems like the best choice right now considering he has worked with some offensive vets on the giants including eli, hes worked under coughlin for many years so it seems like the best logical choice is Mike Sullivan which i wouldnt mind
u could say u dont want him bc of his ineffectiveness with the bucs stars like douggy or vjax, but sullivan has worked with our WRs and QBs in the past

Yeah, Sullivan is a great guy and the players love him. But the fear is that we will be bringing in Sullivan to run the same outdated philosophy on offense we thought we were moving on from when Gilbride retired.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:

Yeah, Sullivan is a great guy and the players love him. But the fear is that we will be bringing in Sullivan to run the same outdated philosophy on offense we thought we were moving on from when Gilbride retired.

that is true if he does that i would be so pissed, i hated gilbride's playcalling, Sullivan better not do that same exact type of playcalling or he will want the first ticket out of NY lol
minutemancl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:

It doesn't matter who we bring in, the offense won't change much as long as Coughlin is our head coach.

I think, regardless of what happens next year, coughlin is gone and Cowher is our head coach. Because of that, I think he brings in his own coordinators too. We are only looking at one year of the new coordinator if I'm right, unless he lights the league on fire.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Next up in the Giants' OC search: Packers QB coach Ben McAdoo, who will interview in the coming days (as @JordanRaanan noted) #NYG

Quote:
Ben McAdoo's interview is set for Saturday, according to a source, so the OC search will at least continue through the weekend. #NYG

https://twitter.com/RVacchianoNYDN/status/421095920831574016
HamilcarBarca

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Quote:
Next up in the Giants' OC search: Packers QB coach Ben McAdoo, who will interview in the coming days (as @JordanRaanan noted) #NYG

Quote:
Ben McAdoo's interview is set for Saturday, according to a source, so the OC search will at least continue through the weekend. #NYG

https://twitter.com/RVacchianoNYDN/status/421095920831574016

Ok I am down with this

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: