Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Free Agency - DISCUSSION HERE on FAs and Free Agency!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Should we consider Kicker, Rob Bironas?

He's being released by the Titans.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10633160&src=desktop

In the near term he'd be an upgrade over Forbath and he has a strong leg, but at 36, there has to be questions as to how long he'd be around.
Eh. Why haven't we signed a punter?
Because we're not going to punt all year! Every time we get they ball we're going to score baby! Laughing oh yeah! Groovy dude! Cool

Good one .. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:
apparently he hasn't had a run in with the law since July 2012. Definitely a low risk, high reward move...

I've changed my mind! The fact that he hasn't run from the police, or had a DUI, or multiple outstanding warrants for traffic violations for over a year and three quarters means he has reformed!

Rolling Eyes
Not that its an excuse, but Britt did enter the NFL at 20 years old. I did a lot of stupid stuff at 20, nothing that got me arrested but I didn't have millions of dollars or all the fame and attention he got. He'll be 26 when this season begins, it is possible that he's grown up.

While he wasn't involved, apparently his brother got in a knife fight in January 2013. Britt took him to the hospital but wouldn't cooperate with the police ... wouldn't even confirm that the victim was his brother.

He hasn't grown up.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeebs wrote:
If you are expecting something exceptional from an NFL player, you pay them a lot of money. No one is expecting anything exceptional from Britt, but this would be a fantastic low-risk high reward opportunity. If he doesn't pan out, that's fine -- we will still have Roberts confidently as our #2.

Why is he low risk? Because we can give him a small contract? Think about this for a second: if he makes the roster, that means someone else gets bumped off. If he does something chucklehead-ish during the season and gets suspended, now we've lost not only the guy who got bumped off but now have to fill the hole his selfishness created.

On top of that, for all of you guys who have been clamoring for us to draft a WR, why would we do that if we signed both Roberts and Britt? Yes, Britt would likely be a one year deal but you create a massive logjam at the wideout position if you sign him.

Quote:
All you need to do is watch his highlight videos... with the right personel and environment, he can turn into a stud.

Do we have that personnel? Do we have that environment? Do we have that training staff that can make sure he's in the best possible health?

Quote:
I would argue a change in environment would actually be easier to stay out of trouble... away from friends w/ bad influence, new teammates, etc.

A good chunk of his troubles were him hanging around New Jersey. Guess what is closer to DC than Nashville?

Quote:
An interseting tidbit I found on him:

The Nashville Tennessean's Jim Wyatt believes free agent Kenny Britt "still has a chance to make an impact in the NFL," and still "definitely has the skills" if his knees cooperate.
Wyatt has covered Britt his entire pro career, and we've never seen him give rose-colored or phony analysis. Wyatt also says Britt is "a good guy," and not the bad seed "some think he is." Britt obviously lacked confidence and concentration last year, but there aren't many players more worth a cheap, one-year "prove-it" flier. Britt's talent hasn't evaporated and he's still only 25.

If you're going to quote someone like this, please give a link. It's plagarism to not source your material.
Dashing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The D has already improved imo. Akeem jordans a decent starter who was part of a very good cheifs defense idk what his strength or weaknesses is but from coolest report he is a poor pass coverage guy. Perhaps strong in the run stop category I dont see him making alot of saxks maybe 12-2 this year .

Charles woodson is back with oakland.

I feel as if we should sniff champ baily as a FS he had issues 8 years ago but itd be a solidmove if he came he be a good short sstop which allows us to draft a WR.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:
apparently he hasn't had a run in with the law since July 2012. Definitely a low risk, high reward move...

I've changed my mind! The fact that he hasn't run from the police, or had a DUI, or multiple outstanding warrants for traffic violations for over a year and three quarters means he has reformed!

Rolling Eyes
Not that its an excuse, but Britt did enter the NFL at 20 years old. I did a lot of stupid stuff at 20, nothing that got me arrested but I didn't have millions of dollars or all the fame and attention he got. He'll be 26 when this season begins, it is possible that he's grown up.

While he wasn't involved, apparently his brother got in a knife fight in January 2013. Britt took him to the hospital but wouldn't cooperate with the police ... wouldn't even confirm that the victim was his brother.

He hasn't grown up.

A little off topic- I don't think because he wouldn't talk to police as evidence he isn't mature. Quite the contrary. People who have grown up in tough neighborhoods rarely have positive feelings about the police- and can you blame them? Police come at 6am and knock down doors with flimsy search warrants to try to then find other evidence of wrong doing, lie to conduct car searches, treat everyone as criminals. I have experience with this ( and have heard the MOCO police are some of the most corrupt) and always tell people you should NEVER talk to the police. Google this sometime and you will see instances of how this is the right approach. Simply confirming your brothers identity when questioned by police can be argued as a waived of your rights. I've seen a lot of good people who have created big problems for themselves by thinking they should cooperate with the police. Sorry for the off topic comments

I hope be continues to stay out of trouble and uses his god given talents
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

I feel as if we should sniff champ baily as a FS he had issues 8 years ago but itd be a solidmove if he came he be a good short sstop which allows us to draft a WR.

So, we can still draft a WR.

And Champ Bailey is not coming back here. He has no ties here. Just because we drafted him does that mean that we need to bring him back hoping for the glory years to be resurrected? No. Let him sit and retire.

Jason Campbell just signed with Cincinnati, did you want to bring him back?

We need to get off this stop gap crap and realize that maybe Haslett likes what he has and there is probably a reason Clark has not signed.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

He hasn't grown up.

A little off topic- I don't think because he wouldn't talk to police as evidence he isn't mature. Quite the contrary. People who have grown up in tough neighborhoods rarely have positive feelings about the police- and can you blame them? Police come at 6am and knock down doors with flimsy search warrants to try to then find other evidence of wrong doing, lie to conduct car searches, treat everyone as criminals. I have experience with this ( and have heard the MOCO police are some of the most corrupt) and always tell people you should NEVER talk to the police. Google this sometime and you will see instances of how this is the right approach. Simply confirming your brothers identity when questioned by police can be argued as a waived of your rights. I've seen a lot of good people who have created big problems for themselves by thinking they should cooperate with the police. Sorry for the off topic comments

I hope be continues to stay out of trouble and uses his god given talents
I'd rather him continue to use his god given brain so that he stays out of trouble off the field.

I also hope he's healthy, as I said before, he's only had one healthy season in the NFL.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Dashing wrote:

And Champ Bailey is not coming back here. He has no ties here. Just because we drafted him does that mean that we need to bring him back hoping for the glory years to be resurrected? No. Let him sit and retire.

We need to get off this stop gap crap and realize that maybe Haslett likes what he has and there is probably a reason Clark has not signed.
Aren't all the free agents we've signed on defense stop gaps except our own guys?

So, this "stop gap crap" seems to be the short term plan till they are able to draft replacements for the stop gaps.

Since that's the case, I don't see any harm in signing a Chris Clemons, Thomas DeCoud, Ryan Clark or Kendrick Lewis for veteran competition at FS just in case Rambo, Robinson nor Thomas can't convince the coaching staff they should be starting.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
zeebs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Why is he low risk? Because we can give him a small contract? Think about this for a second: if he makes the roster, that means someone else gets bumped off. If he does something chucklehead-ish during the season and gets suspended, now we've lost not only the guy who got bumped off but now have to fill the hole his selfishness created

This is where we'll have to agree to disagree -- because i would much rather bring on a talent with large upside AND risk losing one of our WR like Josh Bellamy/David Gettis/Nick Williams than not taking the chance at all any hoping one of these guys turn into someone decent.

Just because he doesn't want to be involved with the police (referring to his brother's knife incident) has very little to do with whether or not he's 'grown up' or matured. Considering his significant run-ins with the police in the past -- referring to this event is pretty miniscule in comparison. I'm not arguing that I expect him to keep himself clean, but I believe it's a risk worth taking.

This is how we get the Burficts on our team... we need to maximize our value and taking risks like these is a way to do it.

Woz wrote:
On top of that, for all of you guys who have been clamoring for us to draft a WR, why would we do that if we signed both Roberts and Britt? Yes, Britt would likely be a one year deal but you create a massive logjam at the wideout position if you sign him.

If we signed Britt, I would be under the assumption we address our early rounds on OL or Defense. Regardless if we drafted a WR early, Gruden loves having an elite and talented WR core -- I wouldn't be surprised if we still went with a WR after signing Britt. Roberts provides us with flexibility in either addressing our WR#2 or Slot position.

It takes 1-2 years anyway for a WR to transition into the NFL.

Woz wrote:
Do we have that personnel? Do we have that environment? Do we have that training staff that can make sure he's in the best possible health?

Whether or not Gruden will be able to effectively turn careers around (like Cincinatti did) is still up in the air... so your guess is as good as mine. James Andrews is the best doctor around for any knee concerns. I doubt we will sign or pass his physical if we didn't feel confident in his knees holding up.

I would also argue RGIII is a fantastic environment for a WR. You hear him pushing these FAs (Roberts) to sign with the Redskins and holding off-season workouts in AZ. He clearly wants to win and he's infectious especially to his WRs.

Woz wrote:
A good chunk of his troubles were him hanging around New Jersey. Guess what is closer to DC than Nashville?

Fair point, but his last police incident that involved him personally was on June 8, 2012. I'm pretty sure that Bruce would also protect the contract with any legal incidents

Woz wrote:
If you're going to quote someone like this, please give a link. It's plagarism to not source your material.

I clearly wasn't taking ownership of the source or attempting any plagiarism by stating 'an interesting tidbit I found on him'. I'll make sure to include links going forward.
zeebs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Dashing wrote:

We would probably be much more likely to sign Carlos Rogers at FS than Champ... even still the likelihood of either is probably small
zeebs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might not be cutting Bowen after all:

http://www.espn980.com/includes/blog...&post_id=17181

"If the Redskins were to release Bowen (unlikely), they would incur a dead money charge of 5.04 million while saving 1.98 million"
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
The D has already improved imo. Akeem jordans a decent starter who was part of a very good cheifs defense idk what his strength or weaknesses is but from coolest report he is a poor pass coverage guy. Perhaps strong in the run stop category I dont see him making alot of saxks maybe 12-2 this year .

Charles woodson is back with oakland.

Sharpton and Jordan were average starters. Don't get too excited that they'll be huge upgrades. The good thing with Sharpton is he's still young and just entering his prime, but Jordan is nearly exiting his prime. Jordan isn't going to get much better than then average LB he's always been for 8 years

turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeebs wrote:

"If the Redskins were to release Bowen (unlikely), they would incur a dead money charge of 5.04 million while saving 1.98 million"
That fact that we haven't cut him yet, even after signing Jason Hatcher makes me think we won't be cutting him.

IMO, it seems Hatcher was Adam Carriker's replacement

RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/report-redskins-host-ol-mike-mcglynn

Right Guard from Colts visits.. Has played some Center.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeebs wrote:

This is why we will be cutting Bowen after June 1st.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 34 tackles, 7 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 24 catches, 229 rec yards

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 93 of 100

Jump to: