Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Free Agency - DISCUSSION HERE on FAs and Free Agency!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6627
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
zeebs wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:
apparently he hasn't had a run in with the law since July 2012. Definitely a low risk, high reward move...


I've changed my mind! The fact that he hasn't run from the police, or had a DUI, or multiple outstanding warrants for traffic violations for over a year and three quarters means he has reformed!

Rolling Eyes
Not that its an excuse, but Britt did enter the NFL at 20 years old. I did a lot of stupid stuff at 20, nothing that got me arrested but I didn't have millions of dollars or all the fame and attention he got. He'll be 26 when this season begins, it is possible that he's grown up.


While he had 9 arrests since joining the NFL, not having a single incident for a year and 3/4 is actually promising. The guy has all the talent in the world and is perfect size for Gruden's core.

We have 7-8m to work with still -- I would love for us to sign him to a 2m-2.5m deal to pull him away from the rest of the interested teams.

This is where Robert's flexibility comes in handy. If Britt pans out and becomes our solid #2, Roberts can move to the slot and still be very dangerous.
The problem is that when he hasn't had off the field problems he's been injured or ineffective. I see nothing that's really going to change there. The guys got a lot of problems. If it'd not off the field, it's preparation for the season and conditioning so he can stay healthy.

The Titans drafted him and gave up on him. They kept drafting other wide receivers high because they didn't like what they were getting out of Britt.

I see no reason why we should expect anything exceptional from him on the field or why we should expect him to stay out of trouble in the DC area when he couldn't do it in a much smaller city in Nashville.
That's why we should only offer him a 1-year deal.
Yeah, I have no problem with that. You and I are on the same page.

It's just a few others act like he's going to be the savior at WR for us and judging by all of his history, I just don't see it
He's only a stopgap solution no matter what IMO. I mean even if he produces this year on a 1-year deal what are you going to do offer him a big multi-year contract next year? That would be a disaster. He might be able to fill the role this year but I don't see him as a long term contributor.
_________________


Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62139
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeebs wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
zeebs wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:
apparently he hasn't had a run in with the law since July 2012. Definitely a low risk, high reward move...


I've changed my mind! The fact that he hasn't run from the police, or had a DUI, or multiple outstanding warrants for traffic violations for over a year and three quarters means he has reformed!

Rolling Eyes
Not that its an excuse, but Britt did enter the NFL at 20 years old. I did a lot of stupid stuff at 20, nothing that got me arrested but I didn't have millions of dollars or all the fame and attention he got. He'll be 26 when this season begins, it is possible that he's grown up.


While he had 9 arrests since joining the NFL, not having a single incident for a year and 3/4 is actually promising. The guy has all the talent in the world and is perfect size for Gruden's core.

We have 7-8m to work with still -- I would love for us to sign him to a 2m-2.5m deal to pull him away from the rest of the interested teams.

This is where Robert's flexibility comes in handy. If Britt pans out and becomes our solid #2, Roberts can move to the slot and still be very dangerous.
The problem is that when he hasn't had off the field problems he's been injured or ineffective. I see nothing that's really going to change there. The guys got a lot of problems. If it'd not off the field, it's preparation for the season and conditioning so he can stay healthy.

The Titans drafted him and gave up on him. They kept drafting other wide receivers high because they didn't like what they were getting out of Britt.

I see no reason why we should expect anything exceptional from him on the field or why we should expect him to stay out of trouble in the DC area when he couldn't do it in a much smaller city in Nashville.


If you are expecting something exceptional from an NFL player, you pay them a lot of money. No one is expecting anything exceptional from Britt, but this would be a fantastic low-risk high reward opportunity. If he doesn't pan out, that's fine -- we will still have Roberts confidently as our #2.

All you need to do is watch his highlight videos... with the right personel and environment, he can turn into a stud.

I would argue a change in environment would actually be easier to stay out of trouble... away from friends w/ bad influence, new teammates, etc.

An interseting tidbit I found on him:

Quote:
The Nashville Tennessean's Jim Wyatt believes free agent Kenny Britt "still has a chance to make an impact in the NFL," and still "definitely has the skills" if his knees cooperate.

Wyatt has covered Britt his entire pro career, and we've never seen him give rose-colored or phony analysis. Wyatt also says Britt is "a good guy," and not the bad seed "some think he is." Britt obviously lacked confidence and concentration last year, but there aren't many players more worth a cheap, one-year "prove-it" flier. Britt's talent hasn't evaporated and he's still only 25.
Well that's good. The bolded still has me worried though. He hasn't played a full NFL season since his rookie year.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
—TC 5; Preseason 17; Reg Season 48
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62139
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
He's only a stopgap solution no matter what IMO. I mean even if he produces this year on a 1-year deal what are you going to do offer him a big multi-year contract next year? That would be a disaster. He might be able to fill the role this year but I don't see him as a long term contributor.
I wouldn't see a long term deal like a 5 year deal or something, but if he truly comes to DC in shape, ready to contribute and bests his career year of 42 receptions, 775 YDs and gets 5+ tds, then you have to consider re-signing him as long as he doesn't get offered a long term deal y someone else.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
—TC 5; Preseason 17; Reg Season 48
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62139
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we consider Kicker, Rob Bironas?

He's being released by the Titans.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10633160&src=desktop

In the near term he'd be an upgrade over Forbath and he has a strong leg, but at 36, there has to be questions as to how long he'd be around.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
—TC 5; Preseason 17; Reg Season 48
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6627
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Should we consider Kicker, Rob Bironas?

He's being released by the Titans.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10633160&src=desktop

In the near term he'd be an upgrade over Forbath and he has a strong leg, but at 36, there has to be questions as to how long he'd be around.
Eh. Why haven't we signed a punter?
_________________


Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zeebs


Joined: 16 Jan 2014
Posts: 514
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Keim @john_keim
C Brian De La Puente is visiting Redskins today, source says. @caplannfl first tweeted this.

There's your guy turtle Smile

Get's pushed back a bit too much but would be a nice stop gap
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3626
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeebs wrote:
John Keim @john_keim
C Brian De La Puente is visiting Redskins today, source says. @caplannfl first tweeted this.

There's your guy turtle Smile

Get's pushed back a bit too much but would be a nice stop gap


Rolling Eyes StopGap #27 .. Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tyler735


Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 1576
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeebs wrote:
John Keim @john_keim
C Brian De La Puente is visiting Redskins today, source says. @caplannfl first tweeted this.

There's your guy turtle Smile

Get's pushed back a bit too much but would be a nice stop gap


I would like this signing a lot, he is the 2nd best Center in free agency behind Alex Mack, and would easily start for us this season. Let's get him signed! Could then potentially cross that off the needs list for the draft this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6627
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
zeebs wrote:
John Keim @john_keim
C Brian De La Puente is visiting Redskins today, source says. @caplannfl first tweeted this.

There's your guy turtle Smile

Get's pushed back a bit too much but would be a nice stop gap


I would like this signing a lot, he is the 2nd best Center in free agency behind Alex Mack, and would easily start for us this season. Let's get him signed! Could then potentially cross that off the needs list for the draft this year.
I agree that having a rookie Center with a young QB might not be the best combination. Give RG3 a vet to help with the line calls.
_________________


Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7717
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
zeebs wrote:
John Keim @john_keim
C Brian De La Puente is visiting Redskins today, source says. @caplannfl first tweeted this.

There's your guy turtle Smile

Get's pushed back a bit too much but would be a nice stop gap


Rolling Eyes StopGap #27 .. Shocked


How is he a stop gap, he has been in the league 4 years.
_________________


2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brian23


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 6647
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
zeebs wrote:
John Keim @john_keim
C Brian De La Puente is visiting Redskins today, source says. @caplannfl first tweeted this.

There's your guy turtle Smile

Get's pushed back a bit too much but would be a nice stop gap


Rolling Eyes StopGap #27 .. Shocked


So we're just supposed to sign everyone that's the future of our team this year?

If you're getting a lot in FA you're getting stop gaps, you don't get game changing players in FA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62139
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/19/brian-de-la-puente-visiting-redskins/

Quote:
That may not be set in stone, however. Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Redskins are visiting with Brian de la Puente on Wednesday.

De la Puente started every game at center for the Saints over the last two seasons and started 12 games for the team in 2011, which represented a major rise for a player who went undrafted out of Cal in 2008 and bounced around several teams before landing with New Orleans. There’s been little sign that the Saints are going to be bringing him back for another year snapping the ball to Drew Brees, though.



http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/19/redskins-host-colts-offensive-lineman-mike-mcglynn/

Mike McGlynn is in for an interview.

Quote:
The 29-year-old McGlynn started 11 games at right guard and three games at center in 2013 for Indianapolis. McGlynn (6-4, 325) has appeared in 67 regular season games since entering the NFL in 2008, starting 48. He has played for the Eagles (2008-2010), Bengals (2011) and Colts (2012-2013).


It would be awesome if we could sign each of these guys for our interior Offensive line. The competition would be great this summer.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
—TC 5; Preseason 17; Reg Season 48
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62139
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Should we consider Kicker, Rob Bironas?

He's being released by the Titans.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10633160&src=desktop

In the near term he'd be an upgrade over Forbath and he has a strong leg, but at 36, there has to be questions as to how long he'd be around.
Eh. Why haven't we signed a punter?
Because we're not going to punt all year! Every time we get they ball we're going to score baby! Laughing oh yeah! Groovy dude! Cool
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
—TC 5; Preseason 17; Reg Season 48
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MikeT14


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 5453
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3 is shedding the knee brace to punt. He should really be able to work on his legs this season Laughing
_________________

- mike23md on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big44dog


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 926
Location: New York
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
RG3 is shedding the knee brace to punt. He should really be able to work on his legs this season Laughing


Now THATS saving a roster spot!
_________________
. Mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 92 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group