Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Signing Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe you didn't mean he would replace the production only his position on the team and if so I apologize...but even then, we can't afford that sort of downgrade.

Maybe he meant because Dexter could likely want too much money, and it at least gives us an option to kick the tires on.

Almost missed your negative approach on virtually everything the Chiefs do Rage...good to have you back posting again.

Seriously though, good to have you back and posting, arguing different points
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason my personality has little to contribute when things are going well, the QB is good, the coaching is sufficient, and i like the direction the team is headed...I just sit back and enjoy the team and enjoy life...I'd prefer not to spend my time on message boards, but when things start to go wrong or there's a QB or coach who needs to go I feel the need to express my opinion.

Maybe it seems as if everything I say comes from a negative viewpoint...but I don't know there are many who are more positive about the players as a whole that we have than I am...and I was the same way the last few years when the "team" stunk...I just wanted a new coach and QB and wahlah....there was nothing much left to be negative about and the team had a great season and i mostly spent time elsewhere....atleast until the change in defensive philosophy.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rage, they are looking a him and there's no room for two of those guys on ONE team. And if you look at what he's done - it's exactly what you wrote about DMX.

I have no clue how good he is - but he's obviously among the top guys in the CFL, brings in some experience and should have developed from playing in North Dakota amongst all of colleges.

We'll see if he'll get signed in February or so. But I consider it a hint that DMX is not guaranteed any more time in KC.

Here's AP's take - also mentioning the DMX link:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/1/13/5303536/kansas-city-chiefs-free-agent-workout-cfl-player

Last edited by KC_Guy on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider 21m

Chiefs tried out former Ravens safety Christian Thompson
Retweetet von Arrowhead Pride

Antworten Retweeten Favorisieren Mehr
Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider 21m

Chiefs tried out running back George Winn

chiefs82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing we know, Dorsey doesnt keep the roster stagnant. If theres an upgrade, or a player worth signing, he'll do it.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:23/Sacks:7:FF:1/FR:0
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#21 new signing:

Quote:
Terez A. Paylor @TerezPaylor 8 Min.

#Chiefs sign DL Risean Broussard to a reserve-futures contract:

KC_Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be #22:

http://ckom.com/story/riders-release-weston-dressler/238874
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More of Dressler:

Had a presser yesterday - decision has been made, just has to sign with a certain team (doesn't mention which one). Requested jersey #13 (available at KC).

His presser here - sounds good. Seven year in Saskatchewan - so he's an older guy (29 in June) ... but he definitely has some speed.

Definitely NOT good news for Dexter if he wants to stay in KC.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go:

Quote:
Chiefs agreed to terms with WR Weston Dressler, formerly of the Saskatchewan Roughriders
A 5-foot-8, 179-pound slotback in Canada, Dressler turns 29 in March and figures to be a long shot for a 2014 roster spot. He's a two-time CFL all-star and had four straight 1,000-yard receiving seasons to close out his Saskatchewan career. Dressler will try to make the Chiefs as a slot man and punt returner.

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
More of Dressler:

Had a presser yesterday - decision has been made, just has to sign with a certain team (doesn't mention which one). Requested jersey #13 (available at KC).

His presser here - sounds good. Seven year in Saskatchewan - so he's an older guy (29 in June) ... but he definitely has some speed.

How does that signing affect McCluster? Like they said he's a long shot...if Dex wants to stay in KC, he'll be here, if they can't agree on what Dorsey thinks a reasonable contract he won't be...has nothing to do with Dressler.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
More of Dressler:

How does that signing affect McCluster? Like they said he's a long shot...if Dex wants to stay in KC, he'll be here, if they can't agree on what Dorsey thinks a reasonable contract he won't be...has nothing to do with Dressler.

Because it means we're looking.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
24 catches, 307 yards, 3 TDs
samsel23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
More of Dressler:

Me it's good business. Find a guy that looks like he could fill another guys role, so you have leverage in negotiations. Hard to sign a good deal when that player knows hhe's the only one with a certain skill set.

Not that I think this guy makes it past TC.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
More of Dressler:

Why wouldn't we...he doesn't have a contract. If Charles wasn't under contract would it be "bad news" for him that we're looking at a FA RB? No it just means the future is uncertain and re signing a player is never a sure thing.

KC_Guy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
More of Dressler:

Well, rotoworld says he's a ong shot - but I'm pretty sure they didn't know crap about Dressler two weeks ago.
Several factors play a role here:

1. Skill set. Dressler played (from what I've seen) a Welker-type of position: slot man with the ability to go deep. Probably very similar to what DMX did. You can't afford to have two of those guys on the roster.

2. Cap space. I'm not sure how much DMX will ask for, but looking at some other contracts the Chiefs signed last year I'm sure it will be more than 2 M$ a year. Not sure the Chiefs will pony up that kind of money given the needs they have elsewhere and the cap situation they are in.

3. Compensatory draft picks. If DMX walks he'll more than likely net the Chiefs a compensatory pick in 2015. My guess would be a 5th or 6th rounder.

4. The Chiefs have one more guy pretty similar to DMX on the roster: Frankie Hammond Jr. I kind of liked what he did as a return guy in opre-season. So there's even more competition on board already.

The question is: How much do the Chiefs trust Dressler's abilities? With 6 years of experience there's plenty of tape available. So he's not one of those unknowns you sign off another teams practice squad or an UDFA, but whom you never saw in a game situation.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've see a lot of Dressler in game situations as he consistently would eat up my teams secondary.

He's a very polished receiver and his hands are probably the best on the team now. He's not a crazy athlete but he isn't a minus in that category.

If Chad Hall can get playing time, then Reid will love this guy. He's also one of the hardest working players on and off the field. Great community guy. If he shows well enough he could stick for a few years as the fans love him.

Tamba Hali

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: