Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Draft Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
What ever happens if we switch to 43 I am saying 2 of our 3 starting LB are not currently on the roster if we want a top flight defense.Plus if we want a solid run defense we cant have a DE tandem of Po and Kerrigan.Neither of them are big enough for LDE even if they gain 20Lbs.It may very well be that they should let Po walk and use that money for a Proven 43 OLB .Put Kerrigan at RDE Jenkins at DT Cofield at DT and draft a LDE.Unless you believe that Carriker is returning next year and could play LDE.Riley is also a FA,if we dont know where he plays why bring him back?Robinson may fit WLB and he may not.No one on this years defense was spectacular and unreplaceable.I havent seen so many missed tackles and bad pursuit routes in a long time. Twisted Evil
Kerrigan played LE in college. He's fantastic at stuffing the run, had huge TFL #s and I think broke the record for forced fumbles in a college career. He's listed at 260 lbs already but he trimmed down for our system. He could easily add 10+ additional lbs. I'm not sure exactly how large you think LEs need to be but they aren't 300+ pounds. Orakpo is the same, he's 257 lbs and wouldn't even need to put on as much as Kerrigan rushing from the RE position.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland
Jordan Reed
Almm24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 2 Pick 9 (BUF): Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor (A-)
Round 3 Pick 2: Christian Jones, ILB, Florida State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 9 (BUF): Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 4 Pick 2: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers (A)
Round 4 Pick 3 (JAX): Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 16 (JAX): George Uko, DE, Southern California (A)
Round 5 Pick 2: Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech (B)
Round 6 Pick 2: Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky (B+)
Round 7 Pick 2: Kirby Van Der Kamp, P, Iowa State (A)
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
TKellion wrote:
What ever happens if we switch to 43 I am saying 2 of our 3 starting LB are not currently on the roster if we want a top flight defense.Plus if we want a solid run defense we cant have a DE tandem of Po and Kerrigan.Neither of them are big enough for LDE even if they gain 20Lbs.It may very well be that they should let Po walk and use that money for a Proven 43 OLB .Put Kerrigan at RDE Jenkins at DT Cofield at DT and draft a LDE.Unless you believe that Carriker is returning next year and could play LDE.Riley is also a FA,if we dont know where he plays why bring him back?Robinson may fit WLB and he may not.No one on this years defense was spectacular and unreplaceable.I havent seen so many missed tackles and bad pursuit routes in a long time. Twisted Evil
Kerrigan played LE in college. He's fantastic at stuffing the run, had huge TFL #s and I think broke the record for forced fumbles in a college career. He's listed at 260 lbs already but he trimmed down for our system. He could easily add 10+ additional lbs. I'm not sure exactly how large you think LEs need to be but they aren't 300+ pounds. Orakpo is the same, he's 257 lbs and wouldn't even need to put on as much as Kerrigan rushing from the RE position.
Running backs might be better in the NFL than the big ten, same with the OLs.

Most LDEs in the NFL are 280-290

I think he can do it just fine also, but he might not be as good as he was vs the run in the 3-4 where a lot of times TEs were blocking him, and sometimes he crashed down leaving gaps for cut backs.

He must improve there

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
TKellion wrote:

I think he can do it just fine also, but he might not be as good as he was vs the run in the 3-4 where a lot of times TEs were blocking him, and sometimes he crashed down leaving gaps for cut backs.

He must improve there
Personally I think both Kerrigan and Orakpo will hold up against the run at the line much better than they play in open space. It would be an upgrade to move them to 4-3 ends.

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland
Jordan Reed
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almm24 wrote:
Love it

I guess you have is switching to the 4-3?

Donald is a 4-3 UT.

How do we get the extra picks?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Almm24 wrote:
Love it

Donald is a 4-3 UT.

I'm in love with Donald. I hope he's our 2nd round pick. He's undersized but played like a monster all season.

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland
Jordan Reed
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
TKellion wrote:

He must improve there
Personally I think both Kerrigan and Orakpo will hold up against the run at the line much better than they play in open space. It would be an upgrade to move them to 4-3 ends.
i think it will be about the same.

If Kerrigan were healthy all year he would have gotten 12-15 sacks

Orakpo would have gotten a few more if he played all 16 games and didn't struggle mentally the first few games trusting his pec/shoulder.

I do agree Kerrigan would put on 10-15 LBs, Rak 5-10 LBs

They'll be fine in that scheme as they are as 3-4 OLBs
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
TKellion wrote:

He must improve there

Orakpo would have gotten a few more if he played all 16 games and didn't struggle mentally the first few games trusting his pec/shoulder.

So you're against returning to a 4-3?

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland
Jordan Reed
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
TKellion wrote:

He must improve there

So you're against returning to a 4-3?
I'm fine with either. The scheme isn't our problem it's that we're missing a good pass rushing DL, a good #2 cb, a better MLB and a FS
Chief_Zee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Almm24 wrote:
Love it

Donald is a 4-3 UT.

I'm in love with Donald. I hope he's our 2nd round pick. He's undersized but played like a monster all season.

Yea Donald is a beast. He would pair up nicely with Coefield in a 4-3 defense. Pray Pray

^Jamison. on the masterpiece^
TKellion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 2 Pick 23 (S.F.): Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama (B)
Round 3 Pick 20 (ARI): JaWuan James, OT, Tennessee (B+)
Round 3 Pick 30 (S.F.): Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina (A)
Round 3 Pick 32 (MINN): Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin (A)
Round 4 Pick 2: Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut (A-)
Round 4 Pick 20 (ARI): Keith McGill, CB, Utah (A-)
Round 5 Pick 20 (ARI): Brandon Linder, OG, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 5 Pick 24 (CINN): Jalen Saunders, WR, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 6 Pick 2: Taylor Hart, DE, Oregon (A)
Round 6 Pick 24 (CINN): Tyler Larsen, C, Utah State (A)
Round 7 Pick 2: Andre Hal, CB, Vanderbilt (B)
Round 7 Pick 24 (CINN): A.J. Marshall, FS, Wake Forest (B-)How do you stop yourself from goin nutz trading down when they have offers at every pick
TKellion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 3 Pick 2: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford (A-)
Round 3 Pick 7 (NYJ): Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington (A)
Round 3 Pick 14 (CHI): Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 18 (NYJ): JaWuan James, OT, Tennessee (B)
Round 3 Pick 24 (CINN): Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina (A)
Round 3 Pick 26 (IND): Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 4 Pick 2: Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin (A)
Round 5 Pick 15 (PITT): Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky (C+)
Round 6 Pick 2: Jalen Saunders, WR, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 6 Pick 15 (PITT): Taylor Hart, DE, Oregon (B+)
Round 7 Pick 2: Andrew Norwell, OG, Ohio State (B)-OK this is my 1st draft since the new hire and the news we would stick with the 34.No NT but they can make that a top target in FA along with a FS with experience.I got young highly rated linemen some new toys for the offense and lots of help for the front 7 traded down 3 times in 2nd and once in the 5th Twisted Evil
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
Round 3 Pick 2: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford (A-)
Round 3 Pick 7 (NYJ): Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington (A)
Round 3 Pick 14 (CHI): Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 18 (NYJ): JaWuan James, OT, Tennessee (B)
Round 3 Pick 24 (CINN): Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina (A)
Round 3 Pick 26 (IND): Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 5 Pick 15 (PITT): Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky (C+)
Round 6 Pick 2: Jalen Saunders, WR, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 6 Pick 15 (PITT): Taylor Hart, DE, Oregon (B+)
Round 7 Pick 2: Andrew Norwell, OG, Ohio State (B)-OK this is my 1st draft since the new hire and the news we would stick with the 34.No NT but they can make that a top target in FA along with a FS with experience.I got young highly rated linemen some new toys for the offense and lots of help for the front 7 traded down 3 times in 2nd and once in the 5th Twisted Evil
love it man.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 2 Pick 2: DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State (C+)
Round 4 Pick 27 (N.O.): Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss (A)
Round 5 Pick 2: Brandon Thomas, OG, Clemson (B)
Round 5 Pick 14 (CHI): Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech (B)
Round 5 Pick 27 (N.O.): Charles Leno, OT, Boise State (B)
Round 6 Pick 6 (ATL): L'Damian Washington, WR, Missouri (B)
Round 6 Pick 9 (BUF): Tyler Larsen, C, Utah State (A)
Round 6 Pick 27 (N.O.): Taylor Hart, DE, Oregon (B)
Round 7 Pick 2: Tom Hornsey, P, Memphis (A-)
Round 7 Pick 6 (ATL): Carrington Byndom, CB, Texas (C-)
Round 7 Pick 9 (BUF): Devon Kennard, OLB, Southern California (C+)
TKellion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 2 Pick 31 (DEN): Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford (A-)
Round 3 Pick 8 (MINN): Christian Jones, ILB, Florida State (B)
Round 3 Pick 11 (S.F.): Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington (A)
Round 3 Pick 14 (CHI): Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina (A-)
Round 3 Pick 22 (PHI): JaWuan James, OT, Tennessee (B+)
Round 3 Pick 30 (S.F.): Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 3 Pick 31 (DEN): Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 22 (PHI): Terrence Brooks, FS, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 31 (DEN): Brandon Linder, OG, Miami (Fla.) (A-)
Round 5 Pick 2: Jalen Saunders, WR, Oklahoma (C+)
Round 5 Pick 31 (DEN): Taylor Hart, DE, Oregon (C)
Round 6 Pick 2: Boseko Lokombo, OLB, Oregon (A)
Round 7 Pick 2: Pat O'Donnell, P, Miami (Fla.) (B-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: