Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Young QBs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 20495
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ronjon09 wrote:
not that he's really a "young" QB, but in the improbable event that the Titans look to unload Locker, what would you guys think about signing/trading for him?


They won't. They got Wiz to coach him up. If they're unloading anyone it's CJ.


Whisenhunt is known as a HC who can't develop QBs so nothing would surprise me. Johnson has been so gone for a while now due to his salary next year.


Did pretty well with Roethlisberger. Leinart was a lost cause with his inabilities (weak arm). Skeleton had flashes of being decent, but ultimately washed out.

I think he can help Locker. Great physical tools, but he'll need some help with his accuracy and some weapons.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5364
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ronjon09 wrote:
not that he's really a "young" QB, but in the improbable event that the Titans look to unload Locker, what would you guys think about signing/trading for him?


They won't. They got Wiz to coach him up. If they're unloading anyone it's CJ.


Whisenhunt is known as a HC who can't develop QBs so nothing would surprise me. Johnson has been so gone for a while now due to his salary next year.


I was just looking into this, too. I keep hearing that Wisenhunt is a great QB coach, but Roethlisberger is literally the only QB he has ever developed, so I'm not sure where this reputation comes from. I'm hoping they move on from Locker because that gives us a potential trade partner looking to jump MIN and possibly TB for a QB.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ronjon09


Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Posts: 343
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ronjon09 wrote:
not that he's really a "young" QB, but in the improbable event that the Titans look to unload Locker, what would you guys think about signing/trading for him?


They won't. They got Wiz to coach him up. If they're unloading anyone it's CJ.


Whisenhunt is known as a HC who can't develop QBs so nothing would surprise me. Johnson has been so gone for a while now due to his salary next year.


I was just looking into this, too. I keep hearing that Wisenhunt is a great QB coach, but Roethlisberger is literally the only QB he has ever developed, so I'm not sure where this reputation comes from. I'm hoping they move on from Locker because that gives us a potential trade partner looking to jump MIN and possibly TB for a QB.


There's been a few rumblings that they may indeed move on from Locker. From what I've heard, he would be relatively cheap to unload this year. Watching the Raiders this last year, its no secret you guys need a QB. It seemed like there were sparks, albeit few and far between, when Pryor was playing. IMO Locker could do the same for you guys, just probably better. Idk if anyone is really sure what Locker could do as he always seemed stuck with a generally poor WR group and a discontent CJ.
_________________
The SEC fears Mark Helfrich-WIN THE DAY-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11983
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ronjon09 wrote:
not that he's really a "young" QB, but in the improbable event that the Titans look to unload Locker, what would you guys think about signing/trading for him?


They won't. They got Wiz to coach him up. If they're unloading anyone it's CJ.


Whisenhunt is known as a HC who can't develop QBs so nothing would surprise me. Johnson has been so gone for a while now due to his salary next year.


Not only that, Locker isn't his guy so if he doesn't want him, maybe he'll want to test the waters and see what he can get. That said, no, I don't want him.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5803
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:


That's how come teams fell in love with Jamarcus "the best pro day I've ever seen" Russell.

What QB has been more prolific than Tebow in the last 2 years? What other QB has put it on the field on Saturdays? That is what I look at.

I think his issues are coachable and he will make some mistakes as he learns. I value his playmaking ability and leadership on the field. I don't see the arm or his style as an issue personally. The right OC will love him.


FIFY.

You're using the "Tebow was a winner" argument. Wake up. Slap yourself and go back to the analysis NOT the emotion, and then slap yourself once again. The other day you used comp % to make an accuracy argument, something we usually rail against. You know better. You're letting you friend's passion for Johnny cloud your judgement. Still to your original assessment as it's usually correct.

I hated the JaMarcus pick. He had obvious flaws and I knew way less about football then. My eyes welled up. I turned off the TV and didn't watch much NFL football for a year. I almost turned in my shield.


Don't bring Tebow into this debate. He NEVER had the mechanics or arm of an NFL passer and that was immediately known. He and Pryor have the same issue.

Manziel can throw the ball quickly with accuracy.

You brought Tebow into it when you used a prolific college career as evidence of future predicted success in the NFL. Awards and championships in college aren't applicable in the pros. You're slipping . . . . .
_________________
Nodisrespect on building inside out wrote:
teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5803
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I take it one must not be interested in smoking hot babes throwing themselves at your Jockstrap like this guy....


NOT ONE LOOK.

Forget Johnny, we need this guy! He is being a total square around a chick practically begging to be demolished at what appears to be a party.

I'm smitten. Who's the chick, please?
_________________
Nodisrespect on building inside out wrote:
teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11983
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I take it one must not be interested in smoking hot babes throwing themselves at your Jockstrap like this guy....


NOT ONE LOOK.

Forget Johnny, we need this guy! He is being a total square around a chick practically begging to be demolished at what appears to be a party.

I'm smitten. Who's the chick, please?


Jenny Scordamaglia
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22486
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:


That's how come teams fell in love with Jamarcus "the best pro day I've ever seen" Russell.

What QB has been more prolific than Tebow in the last 2 years? What other QB has put it on the field on Saturdays? That is what I look at.

I think his issues are coachable and he will make some mistakes as he learns. I value his playmaking ability and leadership on the field. I don't see the arm or his style as an issue personally. The right OC will love him.


FIFY.

You're using the "Tebow was a winner" argument. Wake up. Slap yourself and go back to the analysis NOT the emotion, and then slap yourself once again. The other day you used comp % to make an accuracy argument, something we usually rail against. You know better. You're letting you friend's passion for Johnny cloud your judgement. Still to your original assessment as it's usually correct.

I hated the JaMarcus pick. He had obvious flaws and I knew way less about football then. My eyes welled up. I turned off the TV and didn't watch much NFL football for a year. I almost turned in my shield.


Don't bring Tebow into this debate. He NEVER had the mechanics or arm of an NFL passer and that was immediately known. He and Pryor have the same issue.

Manziel can throw the ball quickly with accuracy.

You brought Tebow into it when you used a prolific college career as evidence of future predicted success in the NFL. Awards and championships in college aren't applicable in the pros. You're slipping . . . . .


So by that logic, I can say he's more Cam Newton than Tim Tebow right?

And to be clear. Manziel isn't my #1 prospect for the Raiders. I'd much rather go pass rusher early in this draft. Help the secondary by pressuring the QB.

I'm just advocating JF as the QB I see doing something special on the next level out of this class.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33053
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Did pretty well with Roethlisberger. Leinart was a lost cause with his inabilities (weak arm). Skeleton had flashes of being decent, but ultimately washed out.

I think he can help Locker. Great physical tools, but he'll need some help with his accuracy and some weapons.

I think he has the weapons sans a RB. Johnson is so outta there. Wright is already pretty good, Nate Washington is alright and they have a developing Justin Hunter AND Delanie Walker. Roos, Levitre, Velasco?, Warmack, Stewart is a solid to good OL. The key for the offense will be Whis developing Locker and finding a RB. Or finding his own QB.

I think Skelton was a longshot. Leinart could have been something. Nothing worth getting excited over but maybe around what Alex Smith is. I'm not sure how much coaching up Roethlisberger needed but he was good right out of the gate, so I'm guessing not a whole lot.

JTagg7754 wrote:
Not only that, Locker isn't his guy so if he doesn't want him, maybe he'll want to test the waters and see what he can get. That said, no, I don't want him.


I can picture this. I wouldn't mind picking up Locker though. He's basically a more athletic Bortles with more accuracy woes. I do think Greg Olson could help him though. If it means we address pass rusher in the first and have a young QB we can work with for 1 - 3 years then I can deal with it. If he sucks, then we just draft a QB in '15 and we at least have our pass rushing prospect.

ZoomWaffle wrote:
I was just looking into this, too. I keep hearing that Wisenhunt is a great QB coach, but Roethlisberger is literally the only QB he has ever developed, so I'm not sure where this reputation comes from. I'm hoping they move on from Locker because that gives us a potential trade partner looking to jump MIN and possibly TB for a QB.

Interesting thought on the trade. I'm not sure who I'd even take at 11 if that happened. Mack if available but other than him who? Dennard? Nix? Robinson if available? Maybe Watkins if he's there.
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5364
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
I was just looking into this, too. I keep hearing that Wisenhunt is a great QB coach, but Roethlisberger is literally the only QB he has ever developed, so I'm not sure where this reputation comes from. I'm hoping they move on from Locker because that gives us a potential trade partner looking to jump MIN and possibly TB for a QB.


Interesting thought on the trade. I'm not sure who I'd even take at 11 if that happened. Mack if available but other than him who? Dennard? Nix? Robinson if available? Maybe Watkins if he's there.


Mack would be my first choice for sure, after him I'm not sure though. Nix, Lewan, Robinson, Evans, Dennard, Ebron, Hagemanů at least a couple of those guys will be available. Not sure they would all be worth the 11th pick by that time, nor would they all be my ideal choice, but I'd probably be cool with just about any of them when you add in the extra picks we'd get. Then again, we could possibly move down again from there and wind up with Allen Robinson, ASJ, Murphy, or someone of that caliber with even more picks.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5803
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:


That's how come teams fell in love with Jamarcus "the best pro day I've ever seen" Russell.

What QB has been more prolific than Tebow in the last 2 years? What other QB has put it on the field on Saturdays? That is what I look at.

I think his issues are coachable and he will make some mistakes as he learns. I value his playmaking ability and leadership on the field. I don't see the arm or his style as an issue personally. The right OC will love him.


FIFY.

You're using the "Tebow was a winner" argument. Wake up. Slap yourself and go back to the analysis NOT the emotion, and then slap yourself once again. The other day you used comp % to make an accuracy argument, something we usually rail against. You know better. You're letting you friend's passion for Johnny cloud your judgement. Still to your original assessment as it's usually correct.

I hated the JaMarcus pick. He had obvious flaws and I knew way less about football then. My eyes welled up. I turned off the TV and didn't watch much NFL football for a year. I almost turned in my shield.


Don't bring Tebow into this debate. He NEVER had the mechanics or arm of an NFL passer and that was immediately known. He and Pryor have the same issue.

Manziel can throw the ball quickly with accuracy.

You brought Tebow into it when you used a prolific college career as evidence of future predicted success in the NFL. Awards and championships in college aren't applicable in the pros. You're slipping . . . . .


So by that logic, I can say he's more Cam Newton than Tim Tebow right?

And to be clear. Manziel isn't my #1 prospect for the Raiders. I'd much rather go pass rusher early in this draft. Help the secondary by pressuring the QB.

I'm just advocating JF as the QB I see doing something special on the next level out of this class.

+1

Absolutely! Cept shorter, slower, less athletic, less arm and more into his own celebrity. They are exactly alike. . . .
_________________
Nodisrespect on building inside out wrote:
teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 20495
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I think Skelton was a longshot. Leinart could have been something. Nothing worth getting excited over but maybe around what Alex Smith is. I'm not sure how much coaching up Roethlisberger needed but he was good right out of the gate, so I'm guessing not a whole lot.


One throw from Leinart that will forever stick in my mind is when he underthrew a pass badly and Fitz had to come back and dive for it. Nearly got him killed.

FWIW Warner really wasn't any good the couple years with the Giants before he landed in AZ.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33053
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
I think Skelton was a longshot. Leinart could have been something. Nothing worth getting excited over but maybe around what Alex Smith is. I'm not sure how much coaching up Roethlisberger needed but he was good right out of the gate, so I'm guessing not a whole lot.


One throw from Leinart that will forever stick in my mind is when he underthrew a pass badly and Fitz had to come back and dive for it. Nearly got him killed.

FWIW Warner really wasn't any good the couple years with the Giants before he landed in AZ.


Probably was just a bad fit. Leinart has come out and mentioned all of the work Warner did in AZ. Basically called him responsible for their success when he was there. Considering how bad they were without him, it isn't hard to imagine Warner being the key there imo.
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Burgesskills


Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 1114
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please correct me if I'm wrong...and I really hope I am. Did someone claim McGloin is better than half of the starting qb's in the league?

He was better than I expected, but no, just stop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 3089
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong...and I really hope I am. Did someone claim McGloin is better than half of the starting qb's in the league?

He was better than I expected, but no, just stop.


It was me and it was more of a based off of his season this year and how he can grow next year. He was solid and has a good foundation going forward. How he moves in the pocket his arm strength and his football IQ are all above average at this point. And he's going into his second year! I mean it's pretty crazy that we want to write this guy off because he didn't post rookie record numbers. We all said let's see so and so with a full offseason and more weapons but we aren't gonna give this guy a chance. With most of the QBs in this class with question marks why not roll with this guy?
_________________


On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group