Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Young QBs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ronjon09 wrote:
not that he's really a "young" QB, but in the improbable event that the Titans look to unload Locker, what would you guys think about signing/trading for him?

They won't. They got Wiz to coach him up. If they're unloading anyone it's CJ.

Whisenhunt is known as a HC who can't develop QBs so nothing would surprise me. Johnson has been so gone for a while now due to his salary next year.

Did pretty well with Roethlisberger. Leinart was a lost cause with his inabilities (weak arm). Skeleton had flashes of being decent, but ultimately washed out.

I think he can help Locker. Great physical tools, but he'll need some help with his accuracy and some weapons.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ronjon09 wrote:
not that he's really a "young" QB, but in the improbable event that the Titans look to unload Locker, what would you guys think about signing/trading for him?

Whisenhunt is known as a HC who can't develop QBs so nothing would surprise me. Johnson has been so gone for a while now due to his salary next year.

I was just looking into this, too. I keep hearing that Wisenhunt is a great QB coach, but Roethlisberger is literally the only QB he has ever developed, so I'm not sure where this reputation comes from. I'm hoping they move on from Locker because that gives us a potential trade partner looking to jump MIN and possibly TB for a QB.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
ronjon09

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ronjon09 wrote:

I was just looking into this, too. I keep hearing that Wisenhunt is a great QB coach, but Roethlisberger is literally the only QB he has ever developed, so I'm not sure where this reputation comes from. I'm hoping they move on from Locker because that gives us a potential trade partner looking to jump MIN and possibly TB for a QB.

There's been a few rumblings that they may indeed move on from Locker. From what I've heard, he would be relatively cheap to unload this year. Watching the Raiders this last year, its no secret you guys need a QB. It seemed like there were sparks, albeit few and far between, when Pryor was playing. IMO Locker could do the same for you guys, just probably better. Idk if anyone is really sure what Locker could do as he always seemed stuck with a generally poor WR group and a discontent CJ.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ronjon09 wrote:

Not only that, Locker isn't his guy so if he doesn't want him, maybe he'll want to test the waters and see what he can get. That said, no, I don't want him.

PM sig requests.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

That's how come teams fell in love with Jamarcus "the best pro day I've ever seen" Russell.

What QB has been more prolific than Tebow in the last 2 years? What other QB has put it on the field on Saturdays? That is what I look at.

I think his issues are coachable and he will make some mistakes as he learns. I value his playmaking ability and leadership on the field. I don't see the arm or his style as an issue personally. The right OC will love him.

FIFY.

You're using the "Tebow was a winner" argument. Wake up. Slap yourself and go back to the analysis NOT the emotion, and then slap yourself once again. The other day you used comp % to make an accuracy argument, something we usually rail against. You know better. You're letting you friend's passion for Johnny cloud your judgement. Still to your original assessment as it's usually correct.

I hated the JaMarcus pick. He had obvious flaws and I knew way less about football then. My eyes welled up. I turned off the TV and didn't watch much NFL football for a year. I almost turned in my shield.

Don't bring Tebow into this debate. He NEVER had the mechanics or arm of an NFL passer and that was immediately known. He and Pryor have the same issue.

Manziel can throw the ball quickly with accuracy.

You brought Tebow into it when you used a prolific college career as evidence of future predicted success in the NFL. Awards and championships in college aren't applicable in the pros. You're slipping . . . . .

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I take it one must not be interested in smoking hot babes throwing themselves at your Jockstrap like this guy....

NOT ONE LOOK.

Forget Johnny, we need this guy! He is being a total square around a chick practically begging to be demolished at what appears to be a party.

I'm smitten. Who's the chick, please?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I take it one must not be interested in smoking hot babes throwing themselves at your Jockstrap like this guy....

NOT ONE LOOK.

Forget Johnny, we need this guy! He is being a total square around a chick practically begging to be demolished at what appears to be a party.

I'm smitten. Who's the chick, please?

Jenny Scordamaglia

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

That's how come teams fell in love with Jamarcus "the best pro day I've ever seen" Russell.

What QB has been more prolific than Tebow in the last 2 years? What other QB has put it on the field on Saturdays? That is what I look at.

I think his issues are coachable and he will make some mistakes as he learns. I value his playmaking ability and leadership on the field. I don't see the arm or his style as an issue personally. The right OC will love him.

FIFY.

You're using the "Tebow was a winner" argument. Wake up. Slap yourself and go back to the analysis NOT the emotion, and then slap yourself once again. The other day you used comp % to make an accuracy argument, something we usually rail against. You know better. You're letting you friend's passion for Johnny cloud your judgement. Still to your original assessment as it's usually correct.

I hated the JaMarcus pick. He had obvious flaws and I knew way less about football then. My eyes welled up. I turned off the TV and didn't watch much NFL football for a year. I almost turned in my shield.

Don't bring Tebow into this debate. He NEVER had the mechanics or arm of an NFL passer and that was immediately known. He and Pryor have the same issue.

You brought Tebow into it when you used a prolific college career as evidence of future predicted success in the NFL. Awards and championships in college aren't applicable in the pros. You're slipping . . . . .

So by that logic, I can say he's more Cam Newton than Tim Tebow right?

And to be clear. Manziel isn't my #1 prospect for the Raiders. I'd much rather go pass rusher early in this draft. Help the secondary by pressuring the QB.

I'm just advocating JF as the QB I see doing something special on the next level out of this class.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Did pretty well with Roethlisberger. Leinart was a lost cause with his inabilities (weak arm). Skeleton had flashes of being decent, but ultimately washed out.

I think he can help Locker. Great physical tools, but he'll need some help with his accuracy and some weapons.

I think he has the weapons sans a RB. Johnson is so outta there. Wright is already pretty good, Nate Washington is alright and they have a developing Justin Hunter AND Delanie Walker. Roos, Levitre, Velasco?, Warmack, Stewart is a solid to good OL. The key for the offense will be Whis developing Locker and finding a RB. Or finding his own QB.

I think Skelton was a longshot. Leinart could have been something. Nothing worth getting excited over but maybe around what Alex Smith is. I'm not sure how much coaching up Roethlisberger needed but he was good right out of the gate, so I'm guessing not a whole lot.

JTagg7754 wrote:
Not only that, Locker isn't his guy so if he doesn't want him, maybe he'll want to test the waters and see what he can get. That said, no, I don't want him.

I can picture this. I wouldn't mind picking up Locker though. He's basically a more athletic Bortles with more accuracy woes. I do think Greg Olson could help him though. If it means we address pass rusher in the first and have a young QB we can work with for 1 - 3 years then I can deal with it. If he sucks, then we just draft a QB in '15 and we at least have our pass rushing prospect.

ZoomWaffle wrote:

Interesting thought on the trade. I'm not sure who I'd even take at 11 if that happened. Mack if available but other than him who? Dennard? Nix? Robinson if available? Maybe Watkins if he's there.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

Interesting thought on the trade. I'm not sure who I'd even take at 11 if that happened. Mack if available but other than him who? Dennard? Nix? Robinson if available? Maybe Watkins if he's there.

Mack would be my first choice for sure, after him I'm not sure though. Nix, Lewan, Robinson, Evans, Dennard, Ebron, Hagemanů at least a couple of those guys will be available. Not sure they would all be worth the 11th pick by that time, nor would they all be my ideal choice, but I'd probably be cool with just about any of them when you add in the extra picks we'd get. Then again, we could possibly move down again from there and wind up with Allen Robinson, ASJ, Murphy, or someone of that caliber with even more picks.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

FIFY.

So by that logic, I can say he's more Cam Newton than Tim Tebow right?

And to be clear. Manziel isn't my #1 prospect for the Raiders. I'd much rather go pass rusher early in this draft. Help the secondary by pressuring the QB.

I'm just advocating JF as the QB I see doing something special on the next level out of this class.

+1

Absolutely! Cept shorter, slower, less athletic, less arm and more into his own celebrity. They are exactly alike. . . .

Bonez wrote:
RaiderX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I think Skelton was a longshot. Leinart could have been something. Nothing worth getting excited over but maybe around what Alex Smith is. I'm not sure how much coaching up Roethlisberger needed but he was good right out of the gate, so I'm guessing not a whole lot.

One throw from Leinart that will forever stick in my mind is when he underthrew a pass badly and Fitz had to come back and dive for it. Nearly got him killed.

FWIW Warner really wasn't any good the couple years with the Giants before he landed in AZ.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

One throw from Leinart that will forever stick in my mind is when he underthrew a pass badly and Fitz had to come back and dive for it. Nearly got him killed.

FWIW Warner really wasn't any good the couple years with the Giants before he landed in AZ.

Probably was just a bad fit. Leinart has come out and mentioned all of the work Warner did in AZ. Basically called him responsible for their success when he was there. Considering how bad they were without him, it isn't hard to imagine Warner being the key there imo.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please correct me if I'm wrong...and I really hope I am. Did someone claim McGloin is better than half of the starting qb's in the league?

He was better than I expected, but no, just stop.
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong...and I really hope I am. Did someone claim McGloin is better than half of the starting qb's in the league?

He was better than I expected, but no, just stop.

It was me and it was more of a based off of his season this year and how he can grow next year. He was solid and has a good foundation going forward. How he moves in the pocket his arm strength and his football IQ are all above average at this point. And he's going into his second year! I mean it's pretty crazy that we want to write this guy off because he didn't post rookie record numbers. We all said let's see so and so with a full offseason and more weapons but we aren't gonna give this guy a chance. With most of the QBs in this class with question marks why not roll with this guy?

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: