Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Young QBs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

That's how come teams fell in love with Jamarcus "the best pro day I've ever seen" Russell.

What QB has been more prolific than Tebow in the last 2 years? What other QB has put it on the field on Saturdays? That is what I look at.

I think his issues are coachable and he will make some mistakes as he learns. I value his playmaking ability and leadership on the field. I don't see the arm or his style as an issue personally. The right OC will love him.

FIFY.

You're using the "Tebow was a winner" argument. Wake up. Slap yourself and go back to the analysis NOT the emotion, and then slap yourself once again. The other day you used comp % to make an accuracy argument, something we usually rail against. You know better. You're letting you friend's passion for Johnny cloud your judgement. Still to your original assessment as it's usually correct.

I hated the JaMarcus pick. He had obvious flaws and I knew way less about football then. My eyes welled up. I turned off the TV and didn't watch much NFL football for a year. I almost turned in my shield.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
So Johnny Football is worse than Jamarcus Russell now? Cool. Do you read what you write? Laughing

Granted, I'm exaggerating but you'd think all of your girls are notches on his bedpost or something.

Is that what I wrote?

No, but you're already writing Manziel off as a future bust like Russell. Which is what I was pointing out with a hyperbole.

No I made a comparison. #getitright

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
I love the red flag arguments on JF.

You guys would have hated every single Raider player in the 70's and 80's. Who wasn't partying and womanizing on those teams? Laughing Laughing Laughing

The game has changed. Player, necessarily, take much better care of themselves in the modern era. For a QB the standard of care is significantly higher in every aspect I can think of. A FS or WR that a partier, meh.

Bonez wrote:
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
I saw the offense just stall and die to often with McGloin. What do we attribute that too?

I mean seriously. Watching the Raiders offense was like watching paint dry at times. Couldn't even muster first downs at times.

We could attribute it to our lack of talent on the offensive line, our receivers dropping passes, Mastrud as our TE, an inconsistent running game...

Is McGloin better than Manning or Brees? No but I think he's better than half of the other starting QBs in the league. I'm not saying we shouldn't take a QB at all, I wouldn't mind another one in the third like Grappolo or Fales.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody but me gonna pay close attention to the Shrine Game this Saturday? Rosters were announced the other day.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000311902/article/2014-eastwest-shrine-game-rosters

Be looking at Garoppolo and Matthews for sure.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never even heard of this Garoppolo guy til now. Stupid quick release albeit kinda goofy. Doesn't look too bad but I don't have enough to make a valid judgment about him yet.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Anybody but me gonna pay close attention to the Shrine Game this Saturday? Rosters were announced the other day.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000311902/article/2014-eastwest-shrine-game-rosters

Be looking at Garoppolo and Matthews for sure.

That's cool Garoppolo is playing in that game. It'll be good to watch to get a good perspective on him.

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Teddy has a lower ceiling than Johnny Fottball? Wow.

Why is that wow? TB IMO doesn't looks like he's about as good as he's going to be. I don't see him elevating his game much in the pros. IMO, he will be a good not great starter. More of a game managing type when it's said and done.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

That's how come teams fell in love with Jamarcus "the best pro day I've ever seen" Russell.

What QB has been more prolific than Tebow in the last 2 years? What other QB has put it on the field on Saturdays? That is what I look at.

I think his issues are coachable and he will make some mistakes as he learns. I value his playmaking ability and leadership on the field. I don't see the arm or his style as an issue personally. The right OC will love him.

FIFY.

You're using the "Tebow was a winner" argument. Wake up. Slap yourself and go back to the analysis NOT the emotion, and then slap yourself once again. The other day you used comp % to make an accuracy argument, something we usually rail against. You know better. You're letting you friend's passion for Johnny cloud your judgement. Still to your original assessment as it's usually correct.

I hated the JaMarcus pick. He had obvious flaws and I knew way less about football then. My eyes welled up. I turned off the TV and didn't watch much NFL football for a year. I almost turned in my shield.

Don't bring Tebow into this debate. He NEVER had the mechanics or arm of an NFL passer and that was immediately known. He and Pryor have the same issue.

Manziel can throw the ball quickly with accuracy.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I saw the offense just stall and die to often with McGloin. What do we attribute that too?

I mean seriously. Watching the Raiders offense was like watching paint dry at times. Couldn't even muster first downs at times.

We could attribute it to our lack of talent on the offensive line, our receivers dropping passes, Mastrud as our TE, an inconsistent running game...

Is McGloin better than Manning or Brees? No but I think he's better than half of the other starting QBs in the league. I'm not saying we shouldn't take a QB at all, I wouldn't mind another one in the third like Grappolo or Fales.

That's some high praise. If that's the case, let's trade him to one of those teams for a nice draft pick. Highly doubt half the teams in the NFL would even consider him a starter though.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
I love the red flag arguments on JF.

You guys would have hated every single Raider player in the 70's and 80's. Who wasn't partying and womanizing on those teams? Laughing Laughing Laughing

This isn't the 70's. You can't get away with that anymore in pro sports because while you're out partying until the early morning someone with as much physical ability is studying or working out to become better.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it one must not be interested in smoking hot babes throwing themselves at your Jockstrap like this guy....

NOT ONE LOOK.

Forget Johnny, we need this guy! He is being a total square around a chick practically begging to be demolished at what appears to be a party.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
ronjon09

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not that he's really a "young" QB, but in the improbable event that the Titans look to unload Locker, what would you guys think about signing/trading for him?
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronjon09 wrote:
not that he's really a "young" QB, but in the improbable event that the Titans look to unload Locker, what would you guys think about signing/trading for him?

They won't. They got Wiz to coach him up. If they're unloading anyone it's CJ.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
ronjon09 wrote:

They won't. They got Wiz to coach him up. If they're unloading anyone it's CJ.

Whisenhunt is known as a HC who can't develop QBs so nothing would surprise me. Johnson has been so gone for a while now due to his salary next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: