Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Divisional: San Francisco 49ers @ Carolina Panthers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Moody


Joined: 21 Nov 2011
Posts: 705
Location: Roma
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panther dude wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
The difference is weapons.
Kaep has them, Cam doesn't.


Although Cam doesn't have the greatest weapons, you can win with them as was proved this season. We need to build this offensive line in order to give Cam the time he needs to work magic.


I wasn't that surprised by this game, it's just how the teams have been playing.

Cam is the reason why the offense was good enough to get to the playoffs. With out offensive line and run support, there's no way if he doesn't bail out a 3rd down a few times a game.

As for Cam vs Kaep, they're totally different situations with totally different talent surrounding them. See this article for those who want to understand:
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20140109/sports/140109596#page=1



The 49ers offensive line is beastly and their offense starts with them. They've got three 1st round picks and two diamonds in the rough.


Give the offensive line more talent and give Cam a receiver and the offense can score 25/game which is plenty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 28948
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpperDecker30 wrote:
greywolf wrote:
Confused Both teams got away with some crap..I notice you didn't mention that BS call of roughing the passer against SF on that last sack of Newton at about 5:15 in the fourth quarter


Yeah, one call....at the end of the game when it was basically over. As I said, I am a neutral fan here and I feel that the Niners greatly benefited from ref mistakes, the worst being the headbutt inconsistency and the 12 men which had a much MUCH greater impact than the roughing the passer. So yes, I didn't mention that call because while the Panthers did get that one measly call, they were getting hosed the rest of the game IMO.


Actually, the officials were correct to not call 12 in the huddle as the ball was yet to be set.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UpperDecker30


Joined: 08 Sep 2013
Posts: 701
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
UpperDecker30 wrote:
greywolf wrote:
Confused Both teams got away with some crap..I notice you didn't mention that BS call of roughing the passer against SF on that last sack of Newton at about 5:15 in the fourth quarter


Yeah, one call....at the end of the game when it was basically over. As I said, I am a neutral fan here and I feel that the Niners greatly benefited from ref mistakes, the worst being the headbutt inconsistency and the 12 men which had a much MUCH greater impact than the roughing the passer. So yes, I didn't mention that call because while the Panthers did get that one measly call, they were getting hosed the rest of the game IMO.


Actually, the officials were correct to not call 12 in the huddle as the ball was yet to be set.


I read that as well, but I don't know if I am buying it. What the official said could be true, but he could also just be covering his own backside. Even if you were to take that one as correctly not called, the officiating was still in the Niners favor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 28948
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just bringing that up because I read yesterday the officials did the right thing.

And honestly, I believe a lot of people were skewed to believing the first personal foul call on Mitchell was a bad one because of how adamant Aikman was. The ball was CLEARLY on the verge of hitting the ground with it being three yards away from Davis who wasn't making a play on the ball.

But 100% agreed on Boldin should have been flagged for his headbutt if they were going to call it on Carolina.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UpperDecker30


Joined: 08 Sep 2013
Posts: 701
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I was just bringing that up because I read yesterday the officials did the right thing.

And honestly, I believe a lot of people were skewed to believing the first personal foul call on Mitchell was a bad one because of how adamant Aikman was. The ball was CLEARLY on the verge of hitting the ground with it being three yards away from Davis who wasn't making a play on the ball.

But 100% agreed on Boldin should have been flagged for his headbutt if they were going to call it on Carolina.


I get ya, man.

I understand what you are saying about the Aikman thing, but for me personally I didn't agree with it and I hardly even listen to most commentators in the NFL (especially Aikman). Though, it is easy to say that he should have stopped because the ball was about to hit the ground from watching it on TV, but as we know it is a whole different thing down on the field.

On the headbutts, I really didn't think the first one was even a headbutt or even really anything that bad. Boldin's, on the other hand, was much more of an actual headbutt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 28948
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is certainly true that it is different on the field compared to us watching it from the television, but I still think it was a good call Laughing .

As for Boldin, if you are going to call it on Carolina, call it on him. I would prefer to let it slide for both sides, but that wasn't the case and Carolina got screwed there.

What I didn't get was what Thomas did towards the end of the game. What the hell was that? Johnson was very ticked off and I don't blame him one bit.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21262
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
That is certainly true that it is different on the field compared to us watching it from the television, but I still think it was a good call Laughing .

As for Boldin, if you are going to call it on Carolina, call it on him. I would prefer to let it slide for both sides, but that wasn't the case and Carolina got screwed there.

What I didn't get was what Thomas did towards the end of the game. What the hell was that? Johnson was very ticked off and I don't blame him one bit.


I'm not sure what Thomas was doing either. Looked like both guys were locked up and Thomas took Crabtree to the ground.

Thomas was benched earlier in the year, rightfully so because he always got beat deep. Cost us the Seattle game because he got beat late 2 plays in a row.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 28948
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that, but on one of the plays he actually had good coverage IIRC.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CarolinaKitten


Joined: 03 Dec 2007
Posts: 12215
Location: 'Scansin
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpperDecker30 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
UpperDecker30 wrote:
greywolf wrote:
Confused Both teams got away with some crap..I notice you didn't mention that BS call of roughing the passer against SF on that last sack of Newton at about 5:15 in the fourth quarter


Yeah, one call....at the end of the game when it was basically over. As I said, I am a neutral fan here and I feel that the Niners greatly benefited from ref mistakes, the worst being the headbutt inconsistency and the 12 men which had a much MUCH greater impact than the roughing the passer. So yes, I didn't mention that call because while the Panthers did get that one measly call, they were getting hosed the rest of the game IMO.


Actually, the officials were correct to not call 12 in the huddle as the ball was yet to be set.


I read that as well, but I don't know if I am buying it. What the official said could be true, but he could also just be covering his own backside. Even if you were to take that one as correctly not called, the officiating was still in the Niners favor.


No no, perfectly okay to head butt if you are Boldin and make a lot of change but not if you're just a nobody DB. Wink It is a shame players cry wolf so often that refs just don't care, but I'm pretty sure a ref was looking in that direction.
_________________

Sig by Me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
wizardg


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 411
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
wizardg wrote:


4. God I thought Kaepernic's superman shirt move was classless.



Someone on Carolina's D kaepernicked after they sacked him in the week 10 game


What does that have to do with Cam? If my teammate clowns you. Clown him back. I thought Kaep and Cam were friends. Obviously not.
With friends like Kaep who needs enemies.

My thinking is Cam catches so much grief even from his own punkass fans, and the media. He doesn't need to get crapped on by another QB.
But obviously Kaep is young. Probably doesn't see that the media wants to see him crap on Cam and one day it will be his turn to get crapped on.

Anyone can dish it out. The question is can you take it. LOL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
greywolf


Joined: 31 Dec 2013
Posts: 32
Location: sacramento
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpperDecker30 wrote:
greywolf wrote:
Confused Both teams got away with some crap..I notice you didn't mention that BS call of roughing the passer against SF on that last sack of Newton at about 5:15 in the fourth quarter


Yeah, one call....at the end of the game when it was basically over. As I said, I am a neutral fan here and I feel that the Niners greatly benefited from ref mistakes, the worst being the headbutt inconsistency and the 12 men which had a much MUCH greater impact than the roughing the passer. So yes, I didn't mention that call because while the Panthers did get that one measly call, they were getting hosed the rest of the game IMO.
Confused Let go of that 12 men on the field complaint...it wasn't a penalty. The rule says you can't have 12 men in the huddle WHILE THE PLAY CLOCK IS RUNNING. The official had not signaled for the clock to start before the guy ran off the field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
shaX 07


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
Look at all of my posts in this thread. Not once have I said that this loss was "all on Cam". Never said that. I know that this is a team sport. On those 2 sacks I mentioned, the protection wasn't great but it's not like it was horrible either. He could have stepped up, could have flushed out. He just stood there and let the pocket collapse on top of him.

We do need more offensive weapons, there's no denying that. We need a big time WR and probably a TE too. Our running game didn't show up today.


No. He's just the only one that you are saying will never be any good and we need to get rid of.

What's funny is, for 13 weeks, you had nothing to say except "I guess I was wrong about the guy." And at the first sign of trouble youre back to "he's no good, he'll never be any good, we need to can his butt and start over."


I never said that either.


So when you say something like:

shaX 07 wrote:
We're never going anywhere with Cam. I dunno how many seasons we need for people to understand this.


you arent saying you dont think he will improve and we should get rid of him? My mistake. Could you please elaborate on your point more clearly? What do you think we should do since we are never going anywhere with Cam?

Quote:
And I also said that I would rather have Kaepernick than Cam. And everyone attacked me for that. Maybe they agree with me now.


Laughing

YOU didnt even agree with you for the last 13 weeks. Are you kidding me with this???

Laughing


Show me where I said that I "didn't agree with myself" when I originally said i'd rather have Kaepernick than Cam? At one point I tried talking about our team, our games and Cam and people kept bringing it up when that wasn't the point of the discussion, so I said we should stop talking about it.

I praised Cam when he finally showed an ability to deliver in the clutch, and still deserves praise for that. However, for 3 years in a row now, he continues to have problems with his mechanics, and a severe problem with throwing the ball high/having it sail on him. That's a problem that you'd like to see improve year to year, even if only a little.

But Cam sails it today just as bad as he did when he was a Rookie.

It doesn't appear that we have anyone on the coaching staff who can coach him up on improving this stuff. If we did I would have expected even a slight improvement by now.

Who knows, maybe adding a 6'5" receiver will mask the issue entirely, if they're able to reach up and grab the throws that do sail.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group