Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Divisional: San Francisco 49ers @ Carolina Panthers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faccda01

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Congratulations on an amazing season Panther fans. Cam just needs more weapons, and hopefully you guys can get them in the post season.

We're never going anywhere with Cam. I dunno how many seasons we need for people to understand this.

It's his first playoff game.

Hell, it's pretty much the entire teams first playoff game. And our coaches first playoff game as a HC.

jesus, we just came off a completely improbable 12 win season where our team showed great improvement in so many areas (Cam in particular) and people are ready to jump off a cliff because we didnt beat a good, more experienced and better built team in the playoffs.

Guys, we lost. It's not the end of the world. Every team but one loses in the playoffs. I dont know about you, but I am glad we made it, glad we got some post season experience and glad we didnt completely poop the bed. We are an up and coming team. We have a lot to be happy about.

Great post. The sky isn't falling. Nobody seems to remember that the most optimistic of us at the beginning of the year thought we'd be 10-6 and sneak in the WC.

We have the core of a great team for years. As was said above, we need more weapons, and an OL or two and we are as close to without weakness as a team can get.

SF was the better team today, I'd say we got away with a win week 10 when we shouldn't have. They are playoff hardened and have a top 2 coach.

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I was really pulling for you guys. Tough loss. Congrats on the great season though. Excited to see Hardy in Oakland next year! Wink

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
shaX 07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
Look at all of my posts in this thread. Not once have I said that this loss was "all on Cam". Never said that. I know that this is a team sport. On those 2 sacks I mentioned, the protection wasn't great but it's not like it was horrible either. He could have stepped up, could have flushed out. He just stood there and let the pocket collapse on top of him.

We do need more offensive weapons, there's no denying that. We need a big time WR and probably a TE too. Our running game didn't show up today.

No. He's just the only one that you are saying will never be any good and we need to get rid of.

What's funny is, for 13 weeks, you had nothing to say except "I guess I was wrong about the guy." And at the first sign of trouble youre back to "he's no good, he'll never be any good, we need to can his butt and start over."

I never said that either.

And I also said that I would rather have Kaepernick than Cam. And everyone attacked me for that.

Maybe they agree with me now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
Look at all of my posts in this thread. Not once have I said that this loss was "all on Cam". Never said that. I know that this is a team sport. On those 2 sacks I mentioned, the protection wasn't great but it's not like it was horrible either. He could have stepped up, could have flushed out. He just stood there and let the pocket collapse on top of him.

We do need more offensive weapons, there's no denying that. We need a big time WR and probably a TE too. Our running game didn't show up today.

No. He's just the only one that you are saying will never be any good and we need to get rid of.

What's funny is, for 13 weeks, you had nothing to say except "I guess I was wrong about the guy." And at the first sign of trouble youre back to "he's no good, he'll never be any good, we need to can his butt and start over."

So when you say something like:

shaX 07 wrote:
We're never going anywhere with Cam. I dunno how many seasons we need for people to understand this.

you arent saying you dont think he will improve and we should get rid of him? My mistake. Could you please elaborate on your point more clearly? What do you think we should do since we are never going anywhere with Cam?

Quote:
And I also said that I would rather have Kaepernick than Cam. And everyone attacked me for that. Maybe they agree with me now.

Laughing

YOU didnt even agree with you for the last 13 weeks. Are you kidding me with this???

Laughing

CK on the sig
greywolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpperDecker30 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Positives:

-Defense held up as long as they could. Obviously we still need some help at corner, and losing Mikell didn't help, but despite the 23 points on the board, the defense did their job [as a unit]

-I thought the offensive playcalling was good. The broadcast mentioned the lack of screens, but the one we did run was snuffed out immediately. The issues that eventually came were due to coverage downfield being too good [for the most part]

-Aside from the 2nd interception, Cam did a good job placing the ball and not making stupid throws.

-LaFell and Ginn. Not overly impressive on the stat sheet, but considering the limited snaps Smith played, I think they did a good job overall. They clearly aren't #1's, and I think they need that #1 presence to be consistently good, but they made the type of plays you expect from a #2 and #3 in a run heavy offense.

Negatives:

-Greg Hardy. We didn't get the Kraken, and today is was more like Greg Hardly. I'm setting my price point for him at $8 mil/year. If it takes more than that to keep him, I'll be more than fine to see him walk.

-Secondary. No surprise, but the corners got manhandled. I think the 2nd round is looking like a great spot to get a physical corner.

-Offensive line. Bell did alright in pass pro, but very, very poorly in the run game (usually its the other way around). And Nate Chandler played poorly overall. Can't really be too upset with how Chandler was playing, given he's very raw at the position, but it was just bad. I'm liking RG as a pick in the first round. A guy like Gabe Jackson would be great. Hopefully Silatolu can come back healthy, and if not maybe Kugbila can work in at LG. Wharton was good the last half of the season, but at his age we can't really count on that.

-Penalties. I'll get into some of the questionable stuff later, but you could easily put 10 points on pure stupidity.

-Smith. Clearly not 100% for the whole game. Played a much lower % of snaps that what he usually would.

-Cam's pocket presence. Specifically on the back-to-back sacks, I felt like there was room for him to move within the pocket, but instead he hunkered down and eventually just took the sacks.

So...penalties. I think Mitchell's hit on the first drive fits the "unnecessary" bill for sure, but the ball was still in play as he was about to hit him, so I think the penalty was weak.

Next up is Munnerlyn's headbutt. I'm fine with them calling that, and like the first penalty, it extended a drive that eventually ended in a field goal. But the problem is consistency. The last drive of the half Boldin did exactly the same thing after a big play...no call. I don't think that calling the 12 men in the huddle changes the TD play, but a 15 yard penalty on Boldin (putting them at the 26 instead of the 11) certainly changes things.

As for the 12 men non-call, I'd really love to hear what Luke and some other players say about it. The bigger deal here isn't the five yards, but the personnel on defense. Vance McDonald came into the huddle, then left. Did the Panthers see that and decide to change personnel? Would they have gone with something different knowing it wasn't a 2 TE set? This is impossible for us to answer, but I'd love to hear what the players have to say.

In the 2nd half I didn't have any problem with a call. I think the "roughing" on Cam is a bad rule, but it was called 100% in accordance to the rules. Dumb rule, but right call.

So really the only thing I think should've changed is that the 49ers are outside of the redzone with under a minute to go, rather than at the 11. Obviously you never know what could happen, but they hadn't been moving the ball all that well at that point. I'm confident we hold them to a field goal there, so we'll call it a 4 point difference, so no real change in the outcome by simply looking at the score.

But it was a momentous moment. Not only did they have a better chance for their eventual score, but they gained a boost of swagger. Boldin especially feeds off of this, and from that point on he terrorized our secondary. So I think, in the long-run, that call helps them more than just that TD. Boldin and that physical swagger was their only effective target in moving the ball. So I think we see a very different second half offense from the 49ers if he had been called for that headbutt. Even if they had still managed to score a TD at the end of the first half.

On the penalties, as a neutral fan (Vikings), I have to say that I felt the Panthers got screwed. It seems like just about every scoring drive for the Niners had some very questionable call/no-call go their way. I didn't like the Headbutt call and especially the multiple headbutt no-call on the Niners after that. The call on Mitchell was garbage as well. Also, that almost 40-yard rush by Gore should have been brought back, as Kuechly could have tackled him but you could see him being held in the replay. And do I need to even say anything about the 12 men on the field? It could have been a great game, but the officiating ruined it for me.

And I do put blame on the Panthers for falling apart in the 2nd half, but the officiating was just absolutely brutal, IMO.
Confused Both teams got away with some crap..I notice you didn't mention that BS call of roughing the passer against SF on that last sack of Newton at about 5:15 in the fourth quarter
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greywolf wrote:
Confused Both teams got away with some crap..I notice you didn't mention that BS call of roughing the passer against SF on that last sack of Newton at about 5:15 in the fourth quarter

Its a stupid rule, but the call was correct by the rule.
Ataal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really nervous about this game. We really struggle against physical teams. A lot of things went our way, I suppose. And, I agree about the mocking by Kaepernick. I'm not a fan of "dances" in football, period. But, mocking another player is classless. I didn't like it at all. Seems like that's the way this league is now, though. Anything to get into the minds of the opposing team instead of just playing the game.

What a great season you guys had, though. No one saw that coming. Playoff experience is good to have under the belt, even in a loss. Bring it next season with some upgrades!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
I was really nervous about this game. We really struggle against physical teams. A lot of things went our way, I suppose. And, I agree about the mocking by Kaepernick. I'm not a fan of "dances" in football, period. But, mocking another player is classless. I didn't like it at all. Seems like that's the way this league is now, though. Anything to get into the minds of the opposing team instead of just playing the game.

What a great season you guys had, though. No one saw that coming. Playoff experience is good to have under the belt, even in a loss. Bring it next season with some upgrades!

Good luck next week!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in some good news:

Quote:
Steve Smith said he will play next year. Not that it was a huge question, but just putting it out for the record

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/422489122184241153

Whether this is 2001 Smith, 2005 Smith, or 2013 Smith, I am not ready for the day the Panthers play a game without him. Smith is also expecting another child on the way he announced.
ryanxmerch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

And I also said that I would rather have Kaepernick than Cam. And everyone attacked me for that.

Maybe they agree with me now.

Kap did not outplay Cam, in no shape or form. The 9ers outplayed Cam. Kap threw some horrible balls and made some horrible audibles. That big play to boldin was underthrown by 10 yards. Kap is on the better team with better player, doesn't make him a better player.

Also how big was the play the 9ers corner made, maybe Cox? on the hold on Ted Ginn? Thats a touchdown if he doesn't make the smart play of holding.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference is weapons.
Kaep has them, Cam doesn't.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
panther dude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
The difference is weapons.
Kaep has them, Cam doesn't.

Although Cam doesn't have the greatest weapons, you can win with them as was proved this season. We need to build this offensive line in order to give Cam the time he needs to work magic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapernick is NOT a better QB than Cam, thats absurd! I also lost a lot of respect for him and Boldin today. I didnt realize how big of a [inappropriate/removed] those 2 were until today.
UpperDecker30

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greywolf wrote:

Yeah, one call....at the end of the game when it was basically over. As I said, I am a neutral fan here and I feel that the Niners greatly benefited from ref mistakes, the worst being the headbutt inconsistency and the 12 men which had a much MUCH greater impact than the roughing the passer. So yes, I didn't mention that call because while the Panthers did get that one measly call, they were getting hosed the rest of the game IMO.
Timotheaus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did try and enjoy the game but kept getting distracted by Harbaugh crying on the side lines and being halfway to the opposite hash mark to yell at refs...didnt PIT get fined for stuff like that.
And what a classless team- calling a fake punt with the game already won.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: