Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Key free agents to acquire.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Vino


Joined: 27 Oct 2013
Posts: 1838
Location: Jacksonville, FL
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Clowney might not be there. But I think we're all pretty prepared that there's a good chance we pass by now?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 47269
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
Well Clowney might not be there. But I think we're all pretty prepared that there's a good chance we pass by now?
There's acceptance that it's a possibility, but I'm not sure how it's going to be if we take Watkins, get our hopes up that Teddy's going to slide and he instead goes #4 to the Browns or something. This place could go insane quickly.
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1136
Location: jax
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't get why you would select a receiver 3rd overall when Chad Henne is your Quarterback. But you can't be mad adding a player like Watkins too your team. OT is the only thing that would make me mad, that is if Mack/Teddy/Watkins are still on the board.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20841
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
I just can't get why you would select a receiver 3rd overall when Chad Henne is your Quarterback. But you can't be mad adding a player like Watkins too your team. OT is the only thing that would make me mad, that is if Mack/Teddy/Watkins are still on the board.


At #3, at least one of them will be!
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 47269
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
I just can't get why you would select a receiver 3rd overall when Chad Henne is your Quarterback. But you can't be mad adding a player like Watkins too your team. OT is the only thing that would make me mad, that is if Mack/Teddy/Watkins are still on the board.
Same reason the Bengals took AJ Green when their QB was .... Who was their QB? Bruce Gradkowski? If you think the value of 1st round WR + 2nd round QB is greater than the inverse in this draft class, then you go with that. Unless Teddy's fall really happens, I don't think it is, but I'm not the GM.
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 84431
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
sadjag wrote:
I just can't get why you would select a receiver 3rd overall when Chad Henne is your Quarterback. But you can't be mad adding a player like Watkins too your team. OT is the only thing that would make me mad, that is if Mack/Teddy/Watkins are still on the board.
Same reason the Bengals took AJ Green when their QB was .... Who was their QB? Bruce Gradkowski? If you think the value of 1st round WR + 2nd round QB is greater than the inverse in this draft class, then you go with that. Unless Teddy's fall really happens, I don't think it is, but I'm not the GM.


I agree with Pwny when you say if he falls like Geno did last year, I cant hate them for passing on him because clearly the whole league saw something, but if we pass on him and Cleveland, TB or Minnesota take him or God forbid the Titans, I would be furious. I'd love to take Mack and trade our 2nd, 3rd and 5th to move back into the 1st for him
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
sadjag wrote:
I just can't get why you would select a receiver 3rd overall when Chad Henne is your Quarterback. But you can't be mad adding a player like Watkins too your team. OT is the only thing that would make me mad, that is if Mack/Teddy/Watkins are still on the board.
Same reason the Bengals took AJ Green when their QB was .... Who was their QB? Bruce Gradkowski? If you think the value of 1st round WR + 2nd round QB is greater than the inverse in this draft class, then you go with that. Unless Teddy's fall really happens, I don't think it is, but I'm not the GM.
Also, whop was Detroit's QB when they took Megatron. I think it was Kitna or Olofsky. It is all about how you perceive the value. They went Johnson/Stanton instead of say a combo like Quinn/Rice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 84431
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm in the minority with this, but there arent any QBs that I like in round 2 to be our Andy Dalton type in that scenario.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3742
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
sadjag wrote:
I just can't get why you would select a receiver 3rd overall when Chad Henne is your Quarterback. But you can't be mad adding a player like Watkins too your team. OT is the only thing that would make me mad, that is if Mack/Teddy/Watkins are still on the board.
Same reason the Bengals took AJ Green when their QB was .... Who was their QB? Bruce Gradkowski? If you think the value of 1st round WR + 2nd round QB is greater than the inverse in this draft class, then you go with that. Unless Teddy's fall really happens, I don't think it is, but I'm not the GM.


I agree with Pwny when you say if he falls like Geno did last year, I cant hate them for passing on him because clearly the whole league saw something, but if we pass on him and Cleveland, TB or Minnesota take him or God forbid the Titans, I would be furious. I'd love to take Mack and trade our 2nd, 3rd and 5th to move back into the 1st for him


That would definitely be frustrating.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1136
Location: jax
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
sadjag wrote:
I just can't get why you would select a receiver 3rd overall when Chad Henne is your Quarterback. But you can't be mad adding a player like Watkins too your team. OT is the only thing that would make me mad, that is if Mack/Teddy/Watkins are still on the board.
Same reason the Bengals took AJ Green when their QB was .... Who was their QB? Bruce Gradkowski? If you think the value of 1st round WR + 2nd round QB is greater than the inverse in this draft class, then you go with that. Unless Teddy's fall really happens, I don't think it is, but I'm not the GM.
Yes, a few times in the past taking a receiver early when there wasn't a quarterback in place worked out. After taking some time to think about it the reason this team is so terrible at QB is because we never draft any, Including Dave. Hopefully we can correct that this year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group