Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Key free agents to acquire.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Clowney might not be there. But I think we're all pretty prepared that there's a good chance we pass by now?

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
Well Clowney might not be there. But I think we're all pretty prepared that there's a good chance we pass by now?
There's acceptance that it's a possibility, but I'm not sure how it's going to be if we take Watkins, get our hopes up that Teddy's going to slide and he instead goes #4 to the Browns or something. This place could go insane quickly.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
sadjag

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't get why you would select a receiver 3rd overall when Chad Henne is your Quarterback. But you can't be mad adding a player like Watkins too your team. OT is the only thing that would make me mad, that is if Mack/Teddy/Watkins are still on the board.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
I just can't get why you would select a receiver 3rd overall when Chad Henne is your Quarterback. But you can't be mad adding a player like Watkins too your team. OT is the only thing that would make me mad, that is if Mack/Teddy/Watkins are still on the board.

At #3, at least one of them will be!

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
Same reason the Bengals took AJ Green when their QB was .... Who was their QB? Bruce Gradkowski? If you think the value of 1st round WR + 2nd round QB is greater than the inverse in this draft class, then you go with that. Unless Teddy's fall really happens, I don't think it is, but I'm not the GM.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
sadjag wrote:
Same reason the Bengals took AJ Green when their QB was .... Who was their QB? Bruce Gradkowski? If you think the value of 1st round WR + 2nd round QB is greater than the inverse in this draft class, then you go with that. Unless Teddy's fall really happens, I don't think it is, but I'm not the GM.

I agree with Pwny when you say if he falls like Geno did last year, I cant hate them for passing on him because clearly the whole league saw something, but if we pass on him and Cleveland, TB or Minnesota take him or God forbid the Titans, I would be furious. I'd love to take Mack and trade our 2nd, 3rd and 5th to move back into the 1st for him

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
sadjag wrote:
Also, whop was Detroit's QB when they took Megatron. I think it was Kitna or Olofsky. It is all about how you perceive the value. They went Johnson/Stanton instead of say a combo like Quinn/Rice.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm in the minority with this, but there arent any QBs that I like in round 2 to be our Andy Dalton type in that scenario.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
sadjag wrote:

I agree with Pwny when you say if he falls like Geno did last year, I cant hate them for passing on him because clearly the whole league saw something, but if we pass on him and Cleveland, TB or Minnesota take him or God forbid the Titans, I would be furious. I'd love to take Mack and trade our 2nd, 3rd and 5th to move back into the 1st for him

That would definitely be frustrating.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
sadjag wrote:
Yes, a few times in the past taking a receiver early when there wasn't a quarterback in place worked out. After taking some time to think about it the reason this team is so terrible at QB is because we never draft any, Including Dave. Hopefully we can correct that this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30

Jump to: