Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Key free agents to acquire.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused how they are thinking over the deal when I didn't think it had even been signed by Mack? Last I heard was they were still hammering out the details?

Unless there going off the reports that have come out.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
I'm confused how they are thinking over the deal when I didn't think it had even been signed by Mack? Last I heard was they were still hammering out the details?

Unless there going off the reports that have come out.
The basics of the deal are known, so it's probably based on the info out so far.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport broke the news that Mack will sign a five-year, $42 million offer sheet with the Jaguars on Friday, per a source familiar with the team's plans. The Cleveland Browns, Mack's current employer, will have five days to match the offer. If the Browns decline to match, they won't get anything in return.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000340444/article/alex-mack-to-sign-5year-42m-offer-sheet-with-jags

Whether the Browns match or not, I really am happy with the effort being put into this. It's becoming blatantly obvious Mack doesn't want to go back with all of the clauses that seem to be in this according to reports incase they do indeed match.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Quote:
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport broke the news that Mack will sign a five-year, $42 million offer sheet with the Jaguars on Friday, per a source familiar with the team's plans. The Cleveland Browns, Mack's current employer, will have five days to match the offer. If the Browns decline to match, they won't get anything in return.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000340444/article/alex-mack-to-sign-5year-42m-offer-sheet-with-jags

Whether the Browns match or not, I really am happy with the effort being put into this. It's becoming blatantly obvious Mack doesn't want to go back with all of the clauses that seem to be in this according to reports incase they do indeed match.

I'm not so sure thats the case, it might just be Jacksonville's way of trying to get Cleveland not to match

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Quote:

I'm not so sure thats the case, it might just be Jacksonville's way of trying to get Cleveland not to match
All the clauses, all the reports about him not wanting to be there, they all can't be a coincidence.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Quote:

It very well could, but didn't Mack's agent come out and say they are confident they can work out a deal that would make it hard for them to match earlier in the offseason as well?

IDK, every report that has come out has said how Mack wants out, Mack wants to play this contract in Jacksonville and not Cleveland, etc. Sure, it's just reports and not coming from Mack, but I don't see how it's far fetched at all with what has happened in that organization recently.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Quote:

All the clauses, all the reports about him not wanting to be there, they all can't be a coincidence.

In a shorter version of what i'm saying, this is exactly right imo.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that article is true, a little more than $8 million per year and somewhat front-loaded is a very good deal for both parties. The year two opt-out seems to be the deciding factor. If he truly doesn't want to be in Cleveland, I can't imagine they want what could be a toxic, short-term situation.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
If that article is true, a little more than $8 million per year and somewhat front-loaded is a very good deal for both parties. The year two opt-out seems to be the deciding factor. If he truly doesn't want to be in Cleveland, I can't imagine they want what could be a toxic, short-term situation.

I guess, although if his agent said he doesnt want to be there than why are the Browns fans saying there is no such thing?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

I guess, although if his agent said he doesnt want to be there than why are the Browns fans saying there is no such thing?

We'll find out in five days.

If he genuinely doesn't want to be there, they'd have an expensive two year rental of a possibly disgruntled player.

If he does, they get a pretty good deal for one of the league's elite linemen.

The hurdle for the Browns doesn't seem to be the contract as much as much as his willingness to stay past year two.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Karrde

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

We'll find out in five days.

If he genuinely doesn't want to be there, they'd have an expensive two year rental of a possibly disgruntled player.

If he does, they get a pretty good deal for one of the league's elite linemen.

The hurdle for the Browns doesn't seem to be the contract as much as much as his willingness to stay past year two.

So far it looks like it would longer for less money than the Browns would currently have him under the transition tag.

Also, Mack has been a great professional and I doubt this will affect his on the field play or even locker room presence even if he would prefer to be elsewhere.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Browns transition-tagged center Alex Mack signed his five-year, $42M offer sheet that includes $26M guaranteed with the Jaguars.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/454658527228088320

Quote:
Alex Mack can void final three years of deal with promise he cannot be tagged again. Deal also includes a no-trade provision.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/454658919026012160

Quote:
Alex Mack's offer sheet with Jags that the Browns now have 5 days to match pats him $10M this season and $8M in the four season after.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/454659508044713984
Tom Brady Tribute
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 11h
Mack likes Cleveland. Hes fine regardless

Quote:
Keith Britton ‏@KeithBritton86 14h
.@RapSheet on @BullandFox "I've never heard that Alex Mack doesn't want to play in Cleveland...if Cleveland matches, I think he'll be happy"

Quote:
Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 20h
Alex Mack will be thrilled to play for the Cleveland Browns if he gets the big contract: Mary Kay Cabot
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/04/alex_mack_will_be_thrilled_to.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

These were pulled from the Browns topic on Mack. Take it for what you will.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 11h
Mack likes Cleveland. Hes fine regardless

Quote:
Keith Britton ‏@KeithBritton86 14h
.@RapSheet on @BullandFox "I've never heard that Alex Mack doesn't want to play in Cleveland...if Cleveland matches, I think he'll be happy"

Quote:
Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 20h
Alex Mack will be thrilled to play for the Cleveland Browns if he gets the big contract: Mary Kay Cabot
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/04/alex_mack_will_be_thrilled_to.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

These were pulled from the Browns topic on Mack. Take it for what you will.

We'll find out in 5 days or less. Do you think Cleveland would match him if he didnt want to be there?

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
We'll find out in 5 days or less. Do you think Cleveland would match him if he didnt want to be there?
Depends on how disgruntled they think he would be. If they don't think he would quit on the team or or cause a problem in the locker room, it probably doesn't play a factor.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30

Jump to: