Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Irrelevant Thread: 39
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Called it. How fitting that the game ends on another BS high strike call. Terrible game from DeMuth.

Looked like a good call to me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Called it. How fitting that the game ends on another BS high strike call. Terrible game from DeMuth.

Yea, and that one REALLY wide pitch that was actually called a ball got a resounding shocked sound than a chorus of boos proving how wide the zone was all day if people legitimately thought that was a strike.

Where is Gomes? I wouldve thought he wouldve been out there pinch hitting for Jackie.

These are the kind of games the Red Sox are going to have a lot this season, minimal to no offensive output. Every once in awhile they can go off but I dont see it happening often.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:

It was high. Even the O's commentators (who I had the misfortune of having to listen to) admitted as much.

Deadpulse on the sig
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:

It was high. Even the O's commentators (who I had the misfortune of having to listen to) admitted as much.

Looked like it was at the letters of his jersey. NESN showed it a few times and Orsillo and Remy agreed it was a strike.

High strikes aren't often called, but that looked just fine to me. And if it was high, it wasn't by much. Certainly not enough to warrant taking there.

Here's the Pitchf/x. It looks like it's right at the top of the strike zone (#6)

DeMuth was (is generally) poor, but that's not a bad call. It's just a pretty rare call in today's game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:

Yea, and that one REALLY wide pitch that was actually called a ball got a resounding shocked sound than a chorus of boos proving how wide the zone was all day if people legitimately thought that was a strike.

Where is Gomes? I wouldve thought he wouldve been out there pinch hitting for Jackie.

These are the kind of games the Red Sox are going to have a lot this season, minimal to no offensive output. Every once in awhile they can go off but I dont see it happening often.

Pretty poor decision by Farrell to pinch run Bradley for Napoli.

I'm dreading the AJ Pierzynski era. While Saltalamacchia drove us all nuts with his elongated swing and 3 swing at bats, Pierzynski's first pitch swinging ground balls (and GIDP) are going to kill a lot of rallies.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And that's what happens when your daughter takes your phone when you're not watching ... 5-yard penalty.

Laughing
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:

I'm dreading the AJ Pierzynski era. While Saltalamacchia drove us all nuts with his elongated swing and 3 swing at bats, Pierzynski's first pitch swinging ground balls (and GIDP) are going to kill a lot of rallies.

I can see why he did it, he tried to win it right there, but it was too big of a risk to take out a guy like Napoli in such a close game.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:

I can see why he did it, he tried to win it right there, but it was too big of a risk to take out a guy like Napoli in such a close game.

No, because they couldn't win the game right there. Being a road game, they had to still hold Baltimore in the 8th and 9th. Taking Napoli out for Bradley not only significantly weakens the offense but weakens the infield defense. And to top it off, Bradley isn't even a particularly good runner. He's inexperienced and not overly fast. Sure, he's faster than Napoli but how many plays does he score on that Napoli doesn't? We're not talking Ellsbury type speed here.

I also thought his explanation of letting Pierzynski hit was questionable:

"A.J. is going to put the bat on the ball. ... Lefthanded, righthanded, A.J. is going to put up a good at-bat."

Hitting lefties and putting up good at-bats aren't really Pierzynski's strength.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that south dakota weather... It was 71 today and now we are down to 19, with blowing winds and snow. Least the 12-18 inches of snow went north of me Laughing

Adopt a patriot 2014: ????
Adopt a patriot 2013: Tavon Wilson
Tackles:3
Interceptions:1
Touchdown!:1(74 yards)
Passes Deflected:1
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:

No, because they couldn't win the game right there. Being a road game, they had to still hold Baltimore in the 8th and 9th. Taking Napoli out for Bradley not only significantly weakens the offense but weakens the infield defense. And to top it off, Bradley isn't even a particularly good runner. He's inexperienced and not overly fast. Sure, he's faster than Napoli but how many plays does he score on that Napoli doesn't? We're not talking Ellsbury type speed here.

I also thought his explanation of letting Pierzynski hit was questionable:

"A.J. is going to put the bat on the ball. ... Lefthanded, righthanded, A.J. is going to put up a good at-bat."

Hitting lefties and putting up good at-bats aren't really Pierzynski's strength.

I misspoke, by win I meant to say take the lead then to hold it with confidence in his bullpen. I do agree that putting Bradley in was a mistake, especially in a game where one big hit could win it. In Farrell's defense, the move was probably made in anticipation that him running the base paths would lead to runs and then having him on the field makes the defense better to hold that hypothetical lead. He got ahead of himself though, if he wanted to sub for defense he shouldve waited until he actually got the offense to put them up. Unless he was going to sub for defense even if they remained down so why not run Bradley... well that would be another bag of uh-oh.

A lot of people seemed to think AJ was an improvement on Salty. I always viewed it as a lateral move at best.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:

A lot of people seemed to think AJ was an improvement on Salty. I always viewed it as a lateral move at best.

I think it's likely to be a significant downgrade from 2013 Saltalamacchia and probably a small downgrade from what 2014 Saltalamacchia would have offered.

Pierzynski will give them sac flies instead of strikeouts but also GIDP and 1st pitch swinging outs instead of strikeouts. There's also a decent chance he totally craters offensively.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Wayans family
If you all died tomorrow, nobody of value would miss you

Please acknowledge this fact.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Dear Wayans family

NO

As long as Coach is on New Girl

NO

The other one can stop making movies though

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Dear Wayans family

NO

...are you just saying random words?

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Dear Wayans family

NO

...are you just saying random words?

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 61 of 99

Jump to: