Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread (2014 Edition)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 21331
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Desean Jackson wants to play in Oakland so he can officially join his LA Gang.


Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 9037
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RapSheet
Former #Bears RB Michael Bush is set to visit the #Patriots, source says. Still trying to find that RB after Blount, Moreno signed

_________________
"Let's show some toughness. Yeah...Toughness and go makes some plays"
-Tom Brady
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluemushrooms


Joined: 10 Dec 2013
Posts: 287
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Bush is underrated. Dude has 4 fumbles in 809 carries... Shocked He also seems to be extremely versatile and seems to have good knowledge of the game.

Count me in as interested.
_________________
R.I.P Big L -- Flamboyant for life
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23110
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluemushrooms wrote:
Michael Bush is underrated. Dude has 4 fumbles in 809 carries... Shocked He also seems to be extremely versatile and seems to have good knowledge of the game.

Count me in as interested.


Bush is terrible. His YPC has declined each of the past 4 years:

4.1
3.8
3.6
3.1

He had one decent year in 2009 and that's it. He's camp fodder at best.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dhunt2402


Moderator
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 21711
Location: The District
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet
Former #Bears RB Michael Bush is set to visit the #Patriots, source says. Still trying to find that RB after Blount, Moreno signed


Wouldn't mind it. Will likely be cheaper than Blount while offering something similar in the running game and potentially a fair bit more in the passing game.
_________________

Deadpulse on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluemushrooms


Joined: 10 Dec 2013
Posts: 287
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
bluemushrooms wrote:
Michael Bush is underrated. Dude has 4 fumbles in 809 carries... Shocked He also seems to be extremely versatile and seems to have good knowledge of the game.

Count me in as interested.


Bush is terrible. His YPC has declined each of the past 4 years:

4.1
3.8
3.6
3.1

He had one decent year in 2009 and that's it. He's camp fodder at best.


I don't know the conditions of the Raider's O-line but I watched some film of Bush and he makes the right decisions and runs hard downhill. Also, I think the decline in yardage was because he got injured in 2013 and the Bears decided to use Matt Forte as their primary back so Bush got a lot of goal line runs.
_________________
R.I.P Big L -- Flamboyant for life
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23110
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet
Former #Bears RB Michael Bush is set to visit the #Patriots, source says. Still trying to find that RB after Blount, Moreno signed


Wouldn't mind it. Will likely be cheaper than Blount while offering something similar in the running game and potentially a fair bit more in the passing game.


Doesn't take much to offer more than Blount in the pass game, but he's much worse as a runner. Blount is at least capable of the occasional big play. Bush's longest run the past 2 years is 18 yards. Chalk it up to injuries, bad line play or age-related decline but the guy has been totally ineffective over the past 2 years and moderately ineffective the two years prior to that. I don't see any reason to think that at the age of 30 he is going to rebound to an above average runner. He looks totally cooked and the stats seem to bear that out.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dhunt2402


Moderator
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 21711
Location: The District
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet
Former #Bears RB Michael Bush is set to visit the #Patriots, source says. Still trying to find that RB after Blount, Moreno signed


Wouldn't mind it. Will likely be cheaper than Blount while offering something similar in the running game and potentially a fair bit more in the passing game.


Doesn't take much to offer more than Blount in the pass game, but he's much worse as a runner. Blount is at least capable of the occasional big play. Bush's longest run the past 2 years is 18 yards. Chalk it up to injuries, bad line play or age-related decline but the guy has been totally ineffective over the past 2 years and moderately ineffective the two years prior to that. I don't see any reason to think that at the age of 30 he is going to rebound to an above average runner. He looks totally cooked and the stats seem to bear that out.


The Bears used him differently than the Patriots would I'm assuming, that might play a factor in a bit of a bounceback year. He doesn't have a lot of wear. No one thought Blount had anything when we traded for him. For a vet minimum deal or something in that ballpark, I think it makes sense to kick the tires there.
_________________

Deadpulse on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23110
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluemushrooms wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
bluemushrooms wrote:
Michael Bush is underrated. Dude has 4 fumbles in 809 carries... Shocked He also seems to be extremely versatile and seems to have good knowledge of the game.

Count me in as interested.


Bush is terrible. His YPC has declined each of the past 4 years:

4.1
3.8
3.6
3.1

He had one decent year in 2009 and that's it. He's camp fodder at best.


I don't know the conditions of the Raider's O-line but I watched some film of Bush and he makes the right decisions and runs hard downhill. Also, I think the decline in yardage was because he got injured in 2013 and the Bears decided to use Matt Forte as their primary back so Bush got a lot of goal line runs.


Totally untrue.

In 255 carries with the Bears, Bush had 1 rush inside the opponent's 5 yard line. It was a 3 yard TD run. He only had 2 other carries inside the opponent's 10 (a 3 yard run on 1st and goal from the 9 and a a 5 yard run on 1st and goal from the 8 ).

The decline in yards per carry is because he isn't good, he has injury issues and he's getting old. He never really was good.

There's no way they couldn't find a UDFA who couldn't put up similar (probably better) numbers to Bush.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23110
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet
Former #Bears RB Michael Bush is set to visit the #Patriots, source says. Still trying to find that RB after Blount, Moreno signed


Wouldn't mind it. Will likely be cheaper than Blount while offering something similar in the running game and potentially a fair bit more in the passing game.


Doesn't take much to offer more than Blount in the pass game, but he's much worse as a runner. Blount is at least capable of the occasional big play. Bush's longest run the past 2 years is 18 yards. Chalk it up to injuries, bad line play or age-related decline but the guy has been totally ineffective over the past 2 years and moderately ineffective the two years prior to that. I don't see any reason to think that at the age of 30 he is going to rebound to an above average runner. He looks totally cooked and the stats seem to bear that out.


The Bears used him differently than the Patriots would I'm assuming, that might play a factor in a bit of a bounceback year. He doesn't have a lot of wear. No one thought Blount had anything when we traded for him. For a vet minimum deal or something in that ballpark, I think it makes sense to kick the tires there.


How did the Bears use him differently? Even with the Raiders, he sucked outside of 2009.

As much as I don't really care for Blount, he showed pretty consistently what he was - a boom or bust guy who could average about 4.0-4.5 YPC. He was 26 and one season removed from a 4.2 YPC season.

Bush is going to be 30 and is 4 seasons removed from the last time he got over 4.0 YPC and over the past 2 years has been one of the worst RB in the NFL.

I just see no reason to think he can bounce back. Bounce back to what? A 3.5 YPC type guy? A worse running Green-Ellis with better hands?

How often do 30 year old RB's with 4 straight bad years become useful? He's a waste of money.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patsfan25


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 5035
Location: CenCal
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush was a highly touted prospect coming out of Louisville. If it wasn't for his major injury, he might have been the highest selected RB in his class. He's a rich man's LeGarrette Blount. With that said, he did totally fade off last season, whether he declined or Forte just cemented as one of the best workhorse RBs in the league. But the season before and those prior, he was a very serviceable #2 RB.
_________________
On Logan Ryan, pre-draft:
patsfan25 wrote:
Logan Ryan will be the steal of the draft.


Aite,

peace.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
dhunt2402


Moderator
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 21711
Location: The District
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the time or the interest to look it up. But from what I saw of the Bears, a lot of his carries came in short yardage/goal line/late game scenarios. None of which are at all conducive to high YPC averages. I think if we use him like we used Blount, as part of a rotation that sees a variety of looks in a variety of game situations, he would put up better numbers than he did in Chicago.
_________________

Deadpulse on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patsfan25


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 5035
Location: CenCal
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
I don't have the time or the interest to look it up. But from what I saw of the Bears, a lot of his carries came in short yardage/goal line/late game scenarios. None of which are at all conducive to high YPC averages. I think if we use him like we used Blount, as part of a rotation that sees a variety of looks in a variety of game situations, he would put up better numbers than he did in Chicago.


You aren't wrong. That's exactly how Chicago used him. He was a TD vulture for the Bears.
_________________
On Logan Ryan, pre-draft:
patsfan25 wrote:
Logan Ryan will be the steal of the draft.


Aite,

peace.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
PoWww


Joined: 28 Feb 2013
Posts: 1262
Location: City Of Champions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like DeSean Jackson is going to sign with the Redskins today. With Jacksons deep threat ability and RG3's deep ball, they're going to be fun to watch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23110
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoWww wrote:
Sounds like DeSean Jackson is going to sign with the Redskins today. With Jacksons deep threat ability and RG3's deep ball, they're going to be fun to watch.


Until Griffin gets hurt - which seems like a matter of time for them unfortunately. They need to invest in the line and keep Griffin in the pocket.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 73 of 79

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group