Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Schuab
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigDallasFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the latest from nfl.com. I know its not news. I just want to give you guys the opinion of nfl.com.

source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334696/article/matt-schaub-being-shopped-by-houston-texans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend showed me this, and I almost cried. Could we really think about replacing Matt with him:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5192/mark-sanchez
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAmWu wrote:
My friend showed me this, and I almost cried. Could we really think about replacing Matt with him:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5192/mark-sanchez

I don't despise the idea as a low risk move. He's going to get a short-term vet minimum type contract at best and the guy has won 3 more playoff games than our last 2 "franchise" QBs combined. Look, we all know that him going 5th overall was ridiculous as was the money during that era of rookie contracts and his extension was insane. However, the thing about NY and East Coast media is that they will pump a guy up far beyond their real talent level and when they turn on someone they overreact and make that player the biggest bum on the Earth. Remember, Kurt Warner was given up for dead in NY, then went out to Arizona and carried them to a Super Bowl. Hell Coughlin and Ryan bounce from being Hall of Fame coaches to complete ineffectual morons from week to week back there. The reality is that the Jets saddled him with 2 of the worst OC's around, surrounded him with QB killers like Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes, RBs like Shonn Green & LT, and that o-line was overrated when it was young and healthy better yet old and injured.

Sanchez needs some rehab work without question, particularly in accuracy and decision-making, but he had a 66% comp % at USC where he may have had more offensive talent than he did in NY. He would walk in here with the strongest physical skill set we've had since Carr. It's a matter of how badly he's been damaged and if O'Brien can fix him. If he is even marginally successful, we would at least get an experienced backup who could either keep the seat warm for a rookie or allow us to focus on other matters this year and find our ultimate franchise QB in next years draft.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders are reportedly poised to trade for Texans quarterback Matt Schaub.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Raiders are “expected” to deal a late-round selection in May’s draft to Houston for Schaub, the Texans’ starting quarterback for most of the last seven seasons.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/21/report-raiders-likely-to-deal-late-round-selection-for-matt-schaub/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Raiders are “expected” to deal a late-round selection in May’s draft to Houston for Schaub, the Texans’ starting quarterback for most of the last seven seasons.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/21/report-raiders-likely-to-deal-late-round-selection-for-matt-schaub/

Well... I was coming to post Schefter's tweet, but the site wouldn't load and then blamo... Vike Daddy.. lol

Anyway, here is the actual tweet

Quote:
‏@AdamSchefter
Oakland Raiders now are expected to trade a 2014 late-round pick to Houston Texans in exchange for QB Matt Schaub, per league source.

1 missed goal line FF (stupid refs Wink )
amazingandre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Well... I was coming to post Schefter's tweet, but the site wouldn't load and then blamo... Vike Daddy.. lol

Anyway, here is the actual tweet

Quote:
‏@AdamSchefter
Oakland Raiders now are expected to trade a 2014 late-round pick to Houston Texans in exchange for QB Matt Schaub, per league source.

So if hes traded does that create even more cap space for us, or is it the same as a june 1st cut?
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
So if hes traded does that create even more cap space for us, or is it the same as a june 1st cut?

Actually less cap space this year than a June 1 cut... save about $4M this year, but pick up a high late round pick
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Actually less cap space this year than a June 1 cut... save about $4M this year, but pick up a high late round pick

So then what's the cost to the raiders if we are still slipping his bill?
amazingandre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

How does that work because it makes no sense.....
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

June 1 cut spreads the hit out over 2 years... we take the full hit this year in a trade, but we will have way more room next year.

The June 1 cut would have opened up alot of room this year, but would have also cut into out cap room next year.

In a trade (it's like cutting the player this year) EXCEPT you also get something of value in return.

Use the overthecap calculator... it will show you the different amounts that you could save in a June 1 cut vs. a trade.

But I would take a draft pick for Schaub any day of the week right now...
amazingandre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

June 1 cut spreads the hit out over 2 years... we take the full hit this year in a trade, but we will have way more room next year.

The June 1 cut would have opened up alot of room this year, but would have also cut into out cap room next year.

In a trade (it's like cutting the player this year) EXCEPT you also get something of value in return.

Use the overthecap calculator... it will show you the different amounts that you could save in a June 1 cut vs. a trade.

IMO dumb, we should June 1st cut him, use that 10 m to sign a guy or 2 in free agency to actually help improve our team. I will bet money that late round pick becomes nothing and this "reload" year is BS, its a "rebuild" year as much as McNair doesn't think so. We've done nothing to improve our roster and IMO (even though I didn't think it was possible) we've actually got worse this off-season. Just when I think we got a new group in here to do good things, they pull the same schit the last group did. I swear this whole organization is stupid.
mse326

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

IMO dumb, we should June 1st cut him, use that 10 m to sign a guy or 2 in free agency to actually help improve our team. I will bet money that late round pick becomes nothing and this "reload" year is BS, its a "rebuild" year as much as McNair doesn't think so. We've done nothing to improve our roster and IMO (even though I didn't think it was possible) we've actually got worse this off-season. Just when I think we got a new group in here to do good things, they pull the same schit the last group did. I swear this whole organization is stupid.

1. Who did you want us to get?
2. Who do you want that is still available that the extra cap space would help.

We really didn't have any cap space to get anyone worth getting. The only thing we should have done is held on to Antonio Smith at that contract.

And there certainly isn't anyone left that is worth getting. So take the full cap hit now and have the space next offseason to get a good FA or two once the staff can better assess our needs.

#JDI
amazingandre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

1. Who did you want us to get?
2. Who do you want that is still available that the extra cap space would help.

We really didn't have any cap space to get anyone worth getting. The only thing we should have done is held on to Antonio Smith at that contract.

And there certainly isn't anyone left that is worth getting. So take the full cap hit now and have the space next offseason to get a good FA or two once the staff can better assess our needs.

should have kept Smith, should sign a slot corner, ilb and possibly an olb. Like Carlos Rogers, Pat Angerer. Its not about stars, but quality players. Now we have way more holes than we started with this off-season and we're steady wasting our prime players years.
CAS22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was beautifully done by Texans management. Eat the $10.5MM hit this year, go into 2015 with around $50MM in cap space for a Watt extension and a ton of flexibility. Love it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than getting nothing for him. I wonder how late the pick is? My guess would be a 6th rounder. 5th rounder would be great.

I think we have about 10.5 mil on cap space now and the Schaub traded saved us 4.5 mil I believe. Still have cap space to sign some more players for the DL, and maybe get some OL help.

Schaub is a great guy and all, but this move had to be done. Now I just hope BOB didnt fall madly in love with Bortles at his pro day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: